PDA

View Full Version : GAWD!! My Halo skills have really fallen... I suck at it now.

wweomaniac
07-05-2002, 05:24 PM
I hadn't played Halo at all for like 4 months, and I went to play it today... I suck now!

Before, MORE then half of my sniper shots were headshots, now it's like 1 in 10. I still try and aim for the head, but either I miss or I hit lower :( I gotta work on that.

But what made me really amazing before was me pistol skills. 90% headshot before. It was always 3 or 4 shots and my buddy would be dead. Now it takes like 6 or 7 shots!

I use to be able to kill someone with only around 20-30 bullets used... now.. it takes a whole magazine.

I know a lot of people probably don't play this game anymore, but if you haven't played it in a while, grab a buddy and see how good (or bad) you are.

For now, I must get some practice. Good practice places in single player are Library and the sniper level. l8er!

Azazel
07-05-2002, 06:00 PM
Ya, I hadnt played for a while either. Just played last night and for some reason my sniper skills seem to be far better than they were previously?

faceoff508
07-05-2002, 06:10 PM
Don't learn to do, but learn in doing. Let your falls not be on a prepared ground, but let them be bona fide falls in the rough and tumble of the world.
* Samuel Butler

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
* Ralph Waldo Emerson

Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches.
* English Proverb

Scalded cats fear even cold water.
* Thomas Fuller

A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience.
* Oliver Wendell Holmes

Experience is never limited, and it is never complete; it is an immense sensibility, a kind of huge spider-web of the finest silken threads suspended in the chamber of consciousness, and catching every air-borne particle in its tissue.
* Henry James

Many people know so little about what is beyond their short range of experience. They look within themselves--and find nothing! Therefore they conclude that there is nothing outside themselves either.
* Helen Keller

What is the good of drawing conclusions from experience? I don't deny we sometimes draw the right conclusions, but don't we just as often draw the wrong ones?
* G. C. Lichtenberg

One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.
* James Russell Lowell

When one has finished building one's house, one suddenly realizes that in the process one has learned something that one really needed to know in the worst way--before one began.
* Friedrich Nietzsche

Men are wise in proportion, not to their experience, but to their capacity for experience.
* George Bernard Shaw

To regret one's own experiences is to arrest one's own development. To deny one's own experiences is to put a lie into the lips of one's life. It is no less than a denial of the soul.
* Oscar Wilde

Xbox Owner
07-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Uhh...we don't need quotes, lol.:eek:

I play halo almost every other day...hehe:D

Shorezy
07-05-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
Uhh...we don't need quotes, lol.:eek:

I play halo almost every other day...hehe:D

SAME HERE!!! :)

BTW!! That's alot of quotes!!

Plewis
07-05-2002, 08:18 PM
i played halo after playing only morrowind on inverted for a week non-stop, and I sucked. I was running around with my head down half the time never going the right way up or down. i changed it to inverted and i the same thing. I found out how to change morrowind to normal so hopefully Im good again:confused:

cityson
07-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Keep playin' online multi-player and you will be good.....Trust me.

Azazel
07-05-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
i played halo after playing only morrowind on inverted for a week non-stop, and I sucked. I was running around with my head down half the time never going the right way up or down. i changed it to inverted and i the same thing. I found out how to change morrowind to normal so hopefully Im good again:confused:

You do realize that you can change the controls in Morrowwind right? I cant stand inverted, so the first thing I did in Morrowwind was change my controls to normal.:cool:

lllSmokelll
07-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Azazel
Ya, I hadnt played for a while either. Just played last night and for some reason my sniper skills seem to be far better than they were previously?

mrmp3
07-05-2002, 10:26 PM
Same thing with me! I played 2 days ago and in a deathmatch against my friend it was 50-34. He barely gets outta double digits ever! I haven't played it for 3 weeks. BTW, Goldberg this is the second post I've seen you spam. Stop it! Signing off...

wweomaniac
07-05-2002, 11:01 PM
I'm not reading those quote faceoff...

Adema
07-06-2002, 12:19 AM
I haven't played Halo in a while either. I hope that I don't suck when I go back to it.