PDA

View Full Version : Cricket

Dr X
07-06-2002, 05:03 AM
Dose any one know of a good cricket game coming out on the xbox as i would love to have one in my collection of games for my xbox.
But when and if they do bring it out will it be any good as every cricket game is always crap.
I remember one cricket game i can not remember the name but all you had to do to bowl some one out was bowl it in one spot and every bowl you got some one out.

The last good game of cricket i played was Brian Lara Cricket on the PS1, That wasent too bad.

So if any one knows of one let me know.

bethanyaidan
07-06-2002, 05:15 AM
i do not know of any .but as u said brain l cricket on ps1 was brill

Kraft
07-06-2002, 05:22 AM
Hmm... maybe you should keep your fingers crossed for Outlaw Cricket?!

Rancey
07-06-2002, 11:27 AM
No cricket games announced yet, I wouldn't hold my breath either.

/me goes and plays Super International Cricket on the SNES

POD13259
07-06-2002, 03:25 PM
Cricket? I had no idea there were any games on that at all. Thus further proof that you really do learn something new every day.

2k2freak23
07-06-2002, 06:46 PM
What's Cricket?????

POD13259
07-07-2002, 12:58 PM
I'll have to dig through the collective dust in my brain to answer this one...ah, found it!

Cricket is a fairly straightforward game. You can play it in your own backyard, providing it is a fair-sized one, thus making it a plausible picnic-type game.

Equipment: mallets, rubber balls (each one a different color, and I think it can be made of other stuff too), plastic or rubber "gates", 2 rubber (or whatever) rods.

Setup: Spread "gates" or "targets" around playing field.

Directions: You must start at one rod at one end of the field, hit your ball through each of the little gates, and hit the rod at the end to win. (Note: gates can be set up as something like a figure 8, to make you come back closer to the starting point.

I think that covers it.

Rancey
07-07-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by POD13259
I'll have to dig through the collective dust in my brain to answer this one...ah, found it!

Cricket is a fairly straightforward game. You can play it in your own backyard, providing it is a fair-sized one, thus making it a plausible picnic-type game.

Equipment: mallets, rubber balls (each one a different color, and I think it can be made of other stuff too), plastic or rubber "gates", 2 rubber (or whatever) rods.

Setup: Spread "gates" or "targets" around playing field.

Directions: You must start at one rod at one end of the field, hit your ball through each of the little gates, and hit the rod at the end to win. (Note: gates can be set up as something like a figure 8, to make you come back closer to the starting point.

I think that covers it.

Thanks for explaining a little bit about croquet, now let me explain a little bit about cricket. Cricket is a team game (11 on 11) and is probably more like baseball than anything else I can think of. There is a batting and fielding team like in baseball, except imagine there are only 2 bases which the batsman run between, and the pitcher (bowler in cricket) bowls from one of the bases and the batsman facing the deliver stands at the over. The bowler must bowl the ball with a straight arm and the batsmen hit the ball to score runs, however they don't have to run when they hit it, and they run back and forth between the two 'bases' to score runs. If it goes over the rope (or fence) around the edge of the oval on the full it is a 6, if it hits it it is 4, otherwise they score runs for how many they run. The batsman stands in front of the wickets (could be considered the base) and if the bowler hits them the batsman is out, they can also get runout, caught, stumped if the bowler stands out of his crease, which is a small line a few metres from the wickets and the wicketkeeper hits the stumps while holding the ball - the wicketkeeper could be thought of as the catcher). Two batsman bat at once, and a team is all out when 10 of their 11 batsman are out, and then the teams switch over, team with the most runs wins!

POD13259
07-07-2002, 02:04 PM
I can't believe I just did that.

Rancey
07-07-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by POD13259
I can't believe I just did that.

hahah, it is no problem :)

Remember, you really do learn something new every day;)

POD13259
07-07-2002, 02:36 PM
Haha...This is only meant in a joking manner, but why is it that almost every thing I say come back to bite me in the a$$? (Maybe it's my luck, or lack thereof)