PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Level Yet !!!! Halo

Dr X
07-06-2002, 09:03 AM
I have just played the hardest level so far on Halo.
It was "Locate Captain Keyes".
It took me ages, I was fine up to the bit when you find the rest of the Marines dead and it was thoes things that look like brains and come at you in hundreds.
The bit that gotme was the escape.
It took me ages, i started the level about 3 times because i thought i had missed something that was important to geting out.
I done it in the end thou.
Did any one else find this level hard or was it just me ?

NomadLLama
07-07-2002, 04:26 PM
you mean the one where the captain becomes a flood alien? yeah, that was hard, especially in the end, where you have to get the banshee. you get swarmed by black elites....

Xbox Owner
07-07-2002, 10:56 PM
It's not that hard..what are u playin it on?

Dre
07-09-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by NomadLLama
you mean the one where the captain becomes a flood alien? yeah, that was hard, especially in the end, where you have to get the banshee. you get swarmed by black elites....

From the top platform, you can jump down straight into one of the banshees and finish the level saving you LOTS of time...

Taranis
07-09-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Dre
From the top platform, you can jump down straight into one of the banshees and finish the level saving you LOTS of time...
I did this the first time I played the level. My friend kept complaining how hard it was, and I was like "WTF?!"

I guess laziness can be beneficial sometime.

TIME
07-20-2002, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that he is actually describing 343 Guilty Spark, and not the Keyes level. I think when he refers to "brains" he means when the Flood first appear in the game and the infection form swarms you in the room with the babbling Marine.

And yes, to respond to your impression, the first time I ever did that part it completely freaked me out and I died several times. I thought that I had to shoot every single one of them. Once I realized that I could shoot, melee and let some explode on my regenerating shield then I was able to get the level finished. And yes, the first time through the way back out can be very confusing.

Snapple
07-20-2002, 05:19 PM
i think keyes is the hardest levle cause it has flood and covenant and you dont really have a big space to run around and shoot:(

Exatox
07-20-2002, 11:51 PM
The Library was the hardest. It's a lot easier now, but on my first time in legendary I remeber cowering in a corner with my shotgun simply willing the flood would go away...

Gerald
07-21-2002, 03:17 AM
My favorite level is the last one, I can not remember the name. I love making that final run to the ship while the timer is in its last ten seconds.

Reclaimer
07-25-2002, 08:40 AM
My hardest level was of course "The Maw" set on Legenadary. It took almost forever to get through that alone. Parts like where you have to go through the mess deck (room with all the tables) and everyone and their brother and dog is fighting, then they see you and now you are screwed. Plasma grenades are being tossed at you from everywhere, the hunters are shooting at you, the flood is in your face, grunts are kicking you in the nuts... well maybe not... but it's still hard. THe next sucky part is where you finally get through the maintenance corridors and you end up in the hall way with again everyone fighting before you got there. They see you and now you are screwed. You just can't wait them out. They'll just be there fighting. Hunters will go in there get you out and believe me, there is no room to fight a hunter in the maintenance corridor. The Flood on Legendary is ridiculous. I did get stuck on 2 Betrayals where you blew up a generator and suddenly the Flood roll in like a riot and kick your butt within seconds. But to return the favor, the most fun is Attack on the Control Room. I love the big outdoor battles. Ghosts zipping around, vehicles everywhere. Mass chaos and bullets flying. It was then I saw that marines can fly Ghosts. I blew one up on accident, then another took over when I got the scorpion and he cruised with me flying ahead of me, getting in the way.