PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP is amazing

VenoM
07-06-2002, 05:25 PM
i just got motogp in the mail today....and damn....its freaking great...not only is it graphically beautiful but it has the listen to custom tracks feature and syslink play which = online play :eek: ....the game is a must......this is coming from a guy who doesnt like racing games too.........i say give this game a try...either buy it or atleast rent it.....im very happy with my purchase (only paid 30 off someone at the trading forums,well worth it...thanks aircobra ;) )...wish more games like this keep coming out.....ones that take advantage of the xbox's features like custom tracks and syslink play ;) had my first online experience with motogp a few minutes ago....and yea i suck :( but i will practice and become better :p

EHWfedPres
07-06-2002, 05:39 PM
Is that the motorcycle game?

I heard the crashes looked like crap, but then again, I heard Burnout's crashes looked amazing, which they do not. Burnout has realistic crashes, Wreckless, on the other hand, has awesome-looking car "accidents". (they are not accidents what im playing!)

VenoM
07-06-2002, 05:50 PM
hmm.....i didnt notice anything about the crashing being bad...they looked alright to me...so far the game looks very good graphcally....the raining effects are sweet too =) the way the water sparys on the glass and all.......the crashing really isnt the main thing about the game anyways,its not ment to be a wreckless crash everything ya see kind of game....its more of a motorcycle racing sim.....it really is a cool game and if your into racing especially i suggest ya go out and buy it....you wont regret it

cityson
07-06-2002, 05:58 PM
I have played the PC version, but my video card can BARELY hadle it....You are lucky that you have the Xbox's version! The game runs much smoother on Xbox than the PCs.....

Scarlet Spider
07-06-2002, 06:24 PM
The Fn Show??!!!
YOUR BACK!!!! YOUR BOYCOT IS OVER!! COOL!!

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 06:37 PM
Moto GP is made by THQ so its a big leap for them, cause they were the ones who used to make crappy games for the xbox!!

VenoM
07-06-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by The Fn Show
Yeah, It's ok...though I only played the Demo
...I say it's a rental

i never played the demo but i heard the final version is way better then the demo...dont know how different it is though

stang46
07-06-2002, 10:29 PM
Yeah the demo that everyone has played is not the same build as as the final version. For people who really like Moto GP they say the demo is crap compared to the actual game. Anyways, the crashes are definetly not the best, but once you master the game you hardly ever crash so its not much of an issue. I actually like playing MOto GP the most out of my others racing games(RSC, Project Gotham) mostly due to the fact that it has online capabilities. This alone makes the game will worth the money, you may think you good but go online and you will definetly get wh00ped by a few of the good riders....

Zion
07-06-2002, 11:48 PM
The crashes are perfect, what are you people talking about???? Have you ever seen a real motorcycle race?? What do you expect the riders to do...go through the fence and catch on fire??? They flop around on the pavement just like they do in the real races..not much else you can do when you fall off a motorcycle going 100mph other than go with the flow.

FpS_PhReeK
07-07-2002, 02:15 AM
Zion,,, I like your Sig, nice ride.

Anyhoo.... I agree the crashes need some tweaking,,, I mean Zion is right I do not expect the guys to burst into flames or anything, but I would like a little more ruff,,, maybe some blood, random decapitation <-------------- okay I went to far.

borka105
07-07-2002, 08:50 AM
Venom ,you FINALLY now understand what I was saying in the CHAT BOARD about this game. It's the best RACER OUT!!!

here is the info peeps- I played the demo at babbages, and was like this is the worst game ever. THe real game is 100 times bettter............DON'T BELIVE ME???? RENT IT/BUY IT and see.

This game has had me buzzing for weeks now, I can't stop playing it. Their is so much replay in this game. Lots of modes, and stuff to unlock.

*The crashes are unreal.......in the demo you would never crash, but in the real game the crashes occur from different angles at different times......

BTW- I have a lot of xbox games as you can see.....But this one bar non has the best graphics of any xbox game out.

-Borka105

borka105
07-07-2002, 08:57 AM
About Crashes- If you have the game and after a gp race.......they show you the real race...... Their they have crashes...and NONE, yes, NONE of the crashes in real life have the bikes on fire. What happens is the bike slides under the rider and the ride gets tossed in the air hitting the ground in impact. This happens in the game. They do a great job of this too. For instance if you have no speed and you crash into a fence your biker will hit the ground and roll. If you are going at over 180 m.p.h (Like me) YOUR BIker will hit the fence fly up into the air and bounce of the ground unciously(sp?) several times before rolling. The bikes also withstain crashes. But you have to understand, that these are licensed bikes not those in wreckless or burnout.

The array of movies are also cool.

PLUS THIS IS THE FIRST "RACING" GAME WHERE YOU CAN SAVE YOUR MATCH.........I MEAN 10 MINUTE SAVES OF A GP RACE.

-Borka105

Spaztic
07-11-2002, 04:09 PM
I own about 16 games and this is the least played one! The graphics are just ok. The crashes are weak! This game is more for people that keep up with the moto gp circuit. The controls are very realistic and feel like a motorcycle but I would waste my money on something else! It is definatly not a game you can hold down the gas and go, it takes pactience and practice! The game is more fun w/ two players...I would rent it becuase it is not going to appeal to everyone!

TIME
07-13-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Moto GP is made by THQ so its a big leap for them, cause they were the ones who used to make crappy games for the xbox!!

MotoGP is NOT made by THQ. It is published by THQ, but it is made by Climax in England.

It is the best racer I have ever played. Shaggy is right though about the racing style. It is not simply a hold down the gas and go arcade racer. You MUST practice to gain real enjoyment. It took me a week of playing every night to be able to compete beyond the Rookie level GP. Now I am hooked and it is my current favorite game.

I do have to disagree with you shaggy on the graphics. Perhaps you have an underpowered TV, but on my 38" Widescreen HDTV MotoGP is the BEST looking game of any I have seen yet on the Xbox surpassing even DOA3. DOA3 which has widescreen support develops some jaggies as you get up close to the screen. I have put my nose to the screen on MotoGP and it is crisp & clean. :cool:

cityson
07-13-2002, 11:17 PM
38" better graphics huh??? Well, I played Halo on a 60" HDTV and I found out the graphics are the same from my 20".....Are you sure there's a difference?.....Maybe I need to buy the S-video cable.

TIME
07-13-2002, 11:24 PM
It is not so much the size of my TV that matters, I only mentioned that for reference. It is that my set is capable of handling higher resolution games in widescreen mode. I do not know which of the resolution modes that MotoGP utilizes, but I can vouch that it is higher than the normal 480p of other Xbox games.

stang46
07-14-2002, 10:12 AM
Now for all you people who think your fast go over to this post and share your fastest lap times:)

Moto GP Times (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16955)

BTW...yes this game does own, it is easily the best racing game the xbox has. It actually takes skill and practice to get better, and once you get online you will find out really early that you more than likely suck ass compared to the top riders:) This just gives you more of a desire to play the game!

Gerald
07-21-2002, 03:53 AM
This game is definetly a rental, I don't know if I have the funds to buy it though.