PDA

View Full Version : UK Morrowind Delayed

thebruce
07-06-2002, 06:31 PM
Until NOVEMBER

Linky (http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpkVllpuVVZSdZgNFk)

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 06:35 PM
Morowind sucks!!! Its get boring fast!! Almost every forum I go to hates this game exceppt this one!! I dont know why! Dont worry, Morrowind is not the worth the wait when Brute force is coming to the US in October and Europe in November!! So I think Brute Force will be a better choice!!

EDIT: Go talk to the people at Xbox 365 they absolutley hate this game!!!

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 06:46 PM
Sorry for the double post but I had to show you this:

http://forum.xbox365.com/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004893

Almost 3/4ths of the thread though Morrowind was fun in the begining and then got boring!!

Waits until CodeMonkey, dave_m123 come in this thread

dave_m123
07-06-2002, 06:51 PM
I dont think that 30-50 posts on a forum constitutes the majority opinion on a game.

I've seen many opinions saying that its a great game in various forums. It depends on who you talk to.

As for the game getting repetitive i'd like to see a game that isent repetitive it aint gonna happen though.

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123
I dont think that 30-50 posts on a forum constitutes the majority opinion on a game.

I've seen many opinions saying that its a great game in various forums. It depends on who you talk to.

As for the game getting repetitive i'd like to see a game that isent repetitive it aint gonna happen though.

This is what a guy said:

I love RPG's and I think its boring as hell. I got to level 40 within the first few days of having it and I haven't played it since. I think its cool that most people still like it though, the X needs good RPGs. It just wasn't for me. Bring on Project Fable and PSO!!!

Another: It got boring to me after a few days of play - I went across half the main continent and was in some dead world. Got stuck in there - finally got out, and realized it wasnt any better out.

This guy has the same opinion as you:
I think most games get boring after 60 hours ...you just have to take a break from it ...or it becomes a job ...like must hobbies people go so far then they get burned out of it games are the same ...morrowind is huge and so can get boring doing the same thing ...playing differant ways keeps it fresh but in the end it's just like any game you play it to get your fix then put it away till another day ....I played for 16 hours a all nighter but have only played in 5 hour setting now so I don't get burned out from it ......

CodeMonkey
07-06-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Sorry for the double post but I had to show you this:

http://forum.xbox365.com/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004893

Almost 3/4ths of the thread though Morrowind was fun in the begining and then got boring!!

Waits until CodeMonkey, dave_m123 come in this thread

Why did you say waits for CM to come into the thread?:confused:
i never said i loved this game and how can i because it not out in the UK? only thing i have said in passing is, its a long time to wait for a game.. thats it, nothing more!!!
also i think you will find that people have mixed opinions on all games..
just look at hunter for 1

Thebruce
Be careful when you say anything about a game coming l8 in the UK
people may think you are whining
:D

dave_m123
07-06-2002, 07:10 PM
Yeah those people may say that ive seen plenty of praise for the game as well. It's all down to opinion and to be honest if someone finds it boring its their own fault. IF they had researched the game before they bought it then they would know what it was like. That is one of the reasons why i am not sure on wether to buy it or not.

Genesis
07-06-2002, 07:21 PM
Oh great, i gotta wait 5 months until a half-decent game comes out for xbox...ugh. Guess i won't be using my box again until november :( On the lighter side i got a swanky dvd player out of it...yay?

CodeMonkey
07-06-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Genesis
Oh great, i gotta wait 5 months until a half-decent game comes out for xbox...ugh. Guess i won't be using my box again until november :( On the lighter side i got a swanky dvd player out of it...yay?

Na dont worry..
there are many of great games coming
i mean enclave in another 2 weeks, then buffy then brute force
yada yada yada

So ya box dont need to be away that long
:D

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 07:43 PM
You dont have to wait that long for Brute Force cause it comes out in the US in october and in th UK in November!! So thats pretty fast!!

dave_m123
07-06-2002, 07:45 PM
Its an MS game though and if i recall correctly arent they releasing there games in America and Europe with little delay.

faceoff508
07-06-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123
Its an MS game though and if i recall correctly arent they releasing there games in America and Europe with little delay.

Yeah, cause the publisher is MS and it will try its best to release the game in Europe as fast as it can!! Same with all of its other games!!

CRAIG123
07-07-2002, 07:30 AM
i think we get enclave before the u.s..im not sure though.

Afro Aura
07-07-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Genesis
as faceoff508 said this Morrowind isn't as good as you think it is, sure you'll here everyone go on about it but I've played and sold it the next day is was that good
The animation is jerky, the battle system is a joke, graphics are below par, it slowsdown, the game is LIFELESS it just a PC port with no XBOX enhancements and just in case someone want a go, I did play the came for a couple of hours and it was just so damn boring

so in all honestly I think you should rent this game before you get caught up in the trap of "this game is the best" it ain't

Alien
07-07-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

as faceoff508 said this Morrowind isn't as good as you think it is, sure you'll here everyone go on about it but I've played and sold it the next day is was that good
The animation is jerky, the battle system is a joke, graphics are below par, it slowsdown, the game is LIFELESS it just a PC port with no XBOX enhancements and just in case someone want a go, I did play the came for a couple of hours and it was just so damn boring

so in all honestly I think you should rent this game before you get caught up in the trap of "this game is the best" it ain't It's really just a matter of opinion. Lots of people on this forum think Morrowind is a great game (Dre, EHWfedPres, me, and some others that post in here regularly). Some others don't think it is great. It's just a person's taste in games, and what they like and dislike. Many people like Outlaw Golf. I don't like it at all. But that's what I think. I respect that those people like Outlaw Golf, and don't flame that game, or them for liking it.

Felon
07-07-2002, 11:24 AM
Everygame becomes repetitive, period. Play Morrowind if you like a decent story involved with a game. This is not FF, this is a game where you take your time and explore. I imagine most of the people bltching are used to RPGs such as FF and Zelda. The fighting system is great IMO in that it generates your misses, and is not turn based. Morrowind is a very solid game for the true RPG fan.

Crazy Joe
07-07-2002, 01:34 PM
man, Morrowind is cool, I wish I had time to play it more. My cousin played it, borrowed my Xbox for a few days to play it, then bought an Xbox just to play Morrowind, because it would have cost more to upgrade his computer to play it.

Alien
07-07-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
man, Morrowind is cool, I wish I had time to play it more. My cousin played it, borrowed my Xbox for a few days to play it, then bought an Xbox just to play Morrowind, because it would have cost more to upgrade his computer to play it. I have Morrowind on my Xbox of course, but I also bought Morrowind for my PC. I need a new GeForce card though. And some more RAM...lol, I'm buying that stuff too.

Afro Aura
07-07-2002, 02:34 PM
Alien I wasn't flaming the game, I was just saying that those are the problems, I was waiting for this GREAT game with all these people praising it like there was no tomorrow. I paid damn £60 on import to get this game and I was very, very disappointed and with an import if buy it, it's yours full stop if you like it or not
I did also state that he could rent the game so he could get a feel of the game before he spend his hard earned cash on this game maybe he'll like it, I was trapped in the "this game is the best game in the world" and got my feet burnt (burnt really good too)

Felon your right I do like Japanese RPGs I started off on Phantasy Star on the Megadrive (Genesis) and just continued the last RPG I played was the excellent Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast, these are the games I'm waiting for to come on the XBOX

I'm not really into the US RPGs running around hitting monsters to get stats it's boring, it like playing Gaunlet or Baulder Gate hit, smash, points run around some more hit, smash more points ooh I'm leveling up after hit 20000 monsters
nah it's not for me