PDA

View Full Version : problem with my box

C-Scrilla
07-06-2002, 10:30 PM
when i tried to to play the demo disk of the isssue 9 xbox magazine when i put it in it makes a funny noise when i try to play the demos it dosen't load so i got another demo of the same kind and that messed up so now i can't play street hoops or outlaw golf can somebody help me also is there any kinda prodout i can use to clean the inside of my xbox if it's dusty

GokuX
07-06-2002, 11:01 PM
If you were really desperate you could always try a DVD lens cleaner disk. I've seen some PS2 cleaning disks at Babbages I think. Other than that I really cant think of another way to clean the inside of your Xbox without voiding the warranty.

FpS_PhReeK
07-07-2002, 01:18 AM
Spray 'Windex' in the vents... make sure it is on though,,, and apply a lot of it,, real heavy,,, the fan will suck the liquid in and clean all the debis out. Good Luck.

C-Scrilla
07-07-2002, 11:50 AM
are you sure it won't mess up my box

POD13259
07-07-2002, 12:10 PM
It shouldn't, but if I were you, I'd you use water instead. Seems to me like the Windex might get into whjere it's not supposed to go and mess up stuff. (Well that's paranoia there!)

GokuX
07-07-2002, 01:26 PM
Are you actually talking about spraying liquid into the Xbox as a realistic method for cleaning the inside. I hope you're joking.

POD13259
07-07-2002, 01:41 PM
Didn't you see what FpS said? The fan would dry the system (assuming you leave it on w/o a CD/DVD in it), after the water/cleaner has cleaned whatever it was that needed to be cleaned.

Oh yeah, that reminds me: C-Scrilla, did you check the bottom of the disc for scratches? That might be your problem.

GokuX
07-07-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by POD13259
Didn't you see what FpS said? The fan would dry the system (assuming you leave it on w/o a CD/DVD in it), after the water/cleaner has cleaned whatever it was that needed to be cleaned.

I saw what he said, but I wouldn't ever do it, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. Doesn't sound all that safe for the electrical components inside the X especially when they are active with current flowing through them, but hey if it's working for you.

Fixxer
07-07-2002, 03:53 PM
Don't spray anything in your Xbox, unless its compressed air or something, but even then I would be carefull. Your going to cause corrosion, and you might short something out.

GokuX
07-07-2002, 04:41 PM
How bout we go to the XBox owner's manual:
Page 15 says
"If you clean the XBox console:
Clean the outside of the Xbox console only"

Uchiha Sasuke
07-07-2002, 07:19 PM
Best way is to get a can of compressed air and a laser lens cleaner.Spray out the vents then pop in the cd.After that it should work fine.Keeps my xbox and ps2 in top shape.

FuNkY mOnK
07-07-2002, 07:25 PM
Try your garden hose if that doesn’t work call the fire dept they have sufficient amounts of water with the pressure your looking for but make sure you nail down the xbox. Post pics of the fix.
:)

hook-worm J
07-09-2002, 01:16 AM
do your other games (not oxm disks) work fine? if so, then its the disk, and oxm disks are know for not working that great. My oxm disk 8 sounds funny while its spinning and doesn't work all the time. But my oxm disk 9 works fine. So the problem probably isn't with your xbox, its with the disk. And DONT spray anything into your xbox!