PDA

View Full Version : I just got Bruce Lee and.......

Gamegirl
07-07-2002, 11:52 AM
It rocks! The graphics are great, tons of levels and the fighting is great. There's alot of moves to buy and the story is great. I've been playing from 7:00last night till 3:30 in the morning. It's really a great game. Alot of people call it a button masher, but there's alot of skill and technique involved in the fighting styles. Also the nun-chucks rock!!! Buy, buy, buy:cool:

Felon
07-07-2002, 12:39 PM
So you stayed home on Satuday night and played Bruce Lee hmmm someone needs a life. Just kiddin, maybe, glad you enjoyed it though.

Gamegirl
07-07-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Felon
So you stayed home on Satuday night and played Bruce Lee hmmm someone needs a life. Just kiddin, maybe, glad you enjoyed it though.

I got it for my brothers b-day (which was yesterday). I asked him how he wanted to spend it, and he said by playing his new game . :)

cityson
07-07-2002, 03:56 PM
How can you get Lee???? That game was BAD all the way.....If your bro likes to play guys that much, I suggest you get Spiderman instead....

Tkf5000
07-08-2002, 07:04 PM
this is one of those games u either love or hate. i havent heard anyone say ok but ive heard people say great and some people sya crap.

gtaplayer
07-08-2002, 07:34 PM
this game is out already?!!?

Tkf5000
07-08-2002, 07:35 PM
yup. its been in stores since july 2.

Xmen
07-09-2002, 12:17 AM
Give the game a chance then say it is crap because I thought Halo was a piece of crap till I saw that there was things about it that was really tight I sat with it and found enjoyment
Bruce Lee can be great if you give it a chance!!!!!!!!

Tkf5000
07-09-2002, 04:39 PM
Yea nobody gives games chances these days. they play for like 2 minutes and say halo is better,halo rulz,im going to go play halo, or some other really popular game.

cityson
07-10-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
Yea nobody gives games chances these days. they play for like 2 minutes and say halo is better,halo rulz,im going to go play halo, or some other really popular game.

Are you here to rate this game or not???? All the comments you've made do not even come close to the topic.....I personally think this game sucks, and how bout you???? You just tell ppl that others don't give games chances..... :rolleyes:

Tkf5000
07-10-2002, 06:35 PM
i dont have it im asking how good it is. i was going to get it at blockbuster today and it way a guarantee in stock and they didnt have it.

Xmen
07-10-2002, 10:18 PM
I think it is tight the game is worth a rental. After playing it there are some flaws but you should go and give it a try I rate this title a 3.5 in my book. Others say it is wack but i am personally satisfy due to the genre.

consolegamer
07-12-2002, 09:21 AM
When you finish the game, it opens up some survival mode challenges. You can pick any of his outfits to wear. That mode is better than the actual story mode:)

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 09:43 AM
how many hours to beat the game first time?

Snapple
07-13-2002, 08:20 AM
spider-man:eek: this is a rentle game no doutb about it cause its way to easy(i beat it in 2 days)and beat i like 5 times after that(in 5 days)

but the lee game looks awsome cause on the video it showes the badguys being kicked inthe jaw and then it goes into a matrix type of thing when the badguy falls down

cityson
07-13-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
it goes into a matrix type of thing when the badguy falls down

Just like Max Payne....

LTM360
07-13-2002, 09:16 PM
I played it for 3 hours, it sucks thats all there is to it. If anyone liked it I bet they like Kabuki Warriors also. You run around, kick & punch bad guys, run around again. Thats it. DOA3 is way better than this. Very dissapointed in this release.

cityson
07-13-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
I played it for 3 hours, it sucks thats all there is to it.

I know....Kick, punch, jump+ kick, etc.....Yea, even a kid knows how boring is this....

consolegamer
07-14-2002, 08:13 AM
Ok. The story mode may be repetitive, but the survival challenges is JUST like doa3, if not better. You can also adjust the difficulty levels in survival for a real challenge. Try bumping up their rank in survival and tell me this game is easy. I think the graphics could have been done alittle better, but i'm happy enough. There are tons of moves, and once you beat the game (about 4 1/2 hours,) ALL THE MOVES OPEN UP AND MAKES THE STORY MODE ROCK!!! I personally didn't like DOA3. That was a button masher and the story sucked. In Bruce Lee, you get the best of both worlds. The survival challenges ARE better than the actual story. And besides, It's............ BRUCE LEE!!!

Tkf5000
07-14-2002, 10:39 AM
like i said u either love it or hate it. i think im gunna get it today, july 14 but i gotta see what im doin today.

Xmen
07-14-2002, 12:25 PM
That is just my point there are little things about the gameplay that is less than diserable but when you master it and buy the moves you will be kicking some ass

Tkf5000
07-16-2002, 02:58 PM
man! i jsut got this game and it rulz. i was thinking it would suck cuz all these people said it sucked. once u give the game a chance the game gets awesome. i think people arent liking it because they havent played far enough. and i think most people dont notice you can use the right thumbstick to hit behind you and to all side so that way when ur locked on to one guy you can hit the others. i had it for one day and i played it and stopepd at the cavern level. this game is really fun. its a good difficulty too. not too easy but not to hard. well maybe a little bit on the easier side but its not too easy like some games. and the graphics arent the best but they are really good. this game is really really fun.
bruce lee
visual: 3.5/5
gameplay: 4/5
sound: 3.5/5
controls: 3.5/5
overall(not average): 4/5
the game has 230+moves(i counted from the game manual)and i wish some of them differed more. the graphics could have been better. and the shound could have been better but most of the time i didnt really pay attention but the crys were pretty good and some of the punches sounded cool. the controls are good but there should have been a seperate button for reversals and grabs. sometimes when locked on when the person is at a cetain angle it hard to move towards them and you duck but you can just get used to it and it rarely happens to me. the one thing the game lacks is multiplayer. it would be a very great game if it had multiplayer. but you cant have everything.

Master coder
07-17-2002, 11:27 AM
if its like streets of rage walk around punch kick im still buying it

cityson
07-17-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
overall(not average): 4/5

How do you rate a game???? Go to any game reviewer website and you will find Bruce Lee is less than 3!!!!!

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 12:46 PM
yea i no they gave it a 3. and after i just beat the game i noticed it should of gotten a 3.5\5 overall. its just one of those games that you love or hate. its cool. after u beat it you get extra modes too. it inda like streets of rage without the rage. u dont hit people with baseball bats and pipes and crap. sometimes u ge to use nunchukas tho.