PDA

View Full Version : Ah snit, I got the black screen of death!

RapmasterC
07-08-2002, 01:40 AM
So I wuz flying high up from Knull to Gnisis to get a Televani house member to vote me as horrator and I went to go look at my map and the fuker turned black and said
"Disk may be dirty or damaged. Press A to retry"
So I retried and it fukin restarted ... I haven't saved in awhile either ... GRRRR there went an hour of playing time down da mufucan drain. :( Neone else get black screen of death?

EHWfedPres
07-08-2002, 11:20 AM
I did...when I was trying to save. Then the game got messed up...thank God for back up saves, eh? :D

jshaudvitis
07-08-2002, 11:39 AM
never had the blak screen but when i was jumpin down from the arena in vivec to the water it made a loud buzzing noise and scared the ***** out of me and froze

Alien
07-08-2002, 12:39 PM
I save like every 15 minutes. And I also keep backups, just incase something like that happens.

EHWfedPres
07-08-2002, 03:57 PM
I save before a journey to somewhere, when I get there, sometimes while im inside if it's safe, when I get out of the place, and after I drop all my stuff at my house. I save all the time, I hate doing things twice.

X-Ray
07-09-2002, 05:30 PM
I was on the fighters guild quest to vas. When I tried saving right outside the temple thingy i got a dirty disk. But I saved before I left for Vas so no biggie right? Wrong I tried saving over my last save and ti got corrupted. Ilost 3-4 hours of play time!!!!

Sometimes I think you get into buggy areas fo the the game--like the canal level of St Olms.

Tkf5000
07-09-2002, 07:55 PM
lol. i save everytime i do something. right before i sell or buy anything or anything i always save. ive gotten so used to saving and now if it ever does do the sick thing again,i would lose like 1 minute of gameplay lol. sometimes it will save on a file called
"restore" too.

jshaudvitis
07-09-2002, 09:02 PM
in the tower of dawn in the treasury i stole the ebony armor and then went to kill the ordinator as he was fallin to the floor it froze TWICE and i got no messege of dirty disk it just made a loud buzzing noise:mad: