PDA

View Full Version : Are you REALLY an addict?

UltimateAg
07-08-2002, 02:24 PM
We all frequent this site under the guise of being an xbox addict, but are you really an xbox addict or an xbox FORUM addict? The definition of addict is to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively. I will admit to being a bit obsessive about visiting these forums and posting, but have come to realize the err of my ways (or maybe it's just the lack of humor in the forums lately, or the scarcity of interesting topics, I don't believe I spam though, except for that temptress called word association). Regardless, I am definitely an XBOX ADDICT, I wouldn't call it obsessive but it's most certainly habitual.

Ask yourself, can you go a day without playing on your xbox? Then ask yourself, can you go a day without visiting these forums? If your answers are yes and no respectively, perhaps you should go outside and find a few more friends since this forum is probably what you consider "hanging out with my friends".

Just a thought.:D

DZNUTZ
07-08-2002, 02:38 PM
goldberg...i'm not sho if your an addict or not...
but if xba was giving away an award for newest member with the most pointless posts ( being spam or mostly just qouting what another member said and not even adding your 2 cents) ...u would deffinately win hands down.

OppiumNitrates
07-08-2002, 02:39 PM
Xbox: played everyday after work and on days i have off (humm thats everday, longest away from Xbox 2 days stright, away in Ocean City for July 4th and 5th{got crumped up})

XbA: post here when im at work and have nothing to do. . . . away from work visited here once or twice when there is a topic i couldn't comment on before i left work

UltimateAg said
lack of humor in the forums lately, or the scarcity of interesting topics

agreed . . . we need more of both

Xbox Owner
07-08-2002, 02:54 PM
I'm not a Xbox Addict...I'm a gaming addict.:cool:

Hehe, but I do like the forums..if ya think I spam or whatever,..i don't really care..im not lettin u pi§§ on my day.

POD13259
07-08-2002, 02:59 PM
Same here. I probably won't go more than a day w/o playing Xbox, but I also have PS2 (yes, I know, but I'm still working on FFX), I still play my N64 every once in a blue moon, and, when I get enough money, I'll own GameCube. So I'd say I'm definitely more of a gaming addict than anything.

Toonz
07-08-2002, 04:02 PM
I gotta go with Gaming Addict as well. I play games for about 3 hours everyday on weekdays and on the weekend me and my friends always hook up for a Fri or Sat night all nighter. I think all the consoles have some thing great to offer and hope to eventually get them all. I realize these forums are for Xbox fans but I really feel sorry for all you that limit yourself to 1 platform when there are so many great games to choose from on various systems.

Skarp
07-08-2002, 04:43 PM
I play maybe once or twice a week but I go to the forums everyday during work. Rarely come here outside of work.

l Maximus l
07-08-2002, 04:48 PM
I'm definately an XBox Addict...I mean, just in the last few nights, I played until 4:00 am (I didn't have to work the next day :D)...and, just the other day, I took a huge dump and my dung formed an "X". How's that for humor? :D

UltimateAg
07-08-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I'm definately an XBox Addict...I mean, just in the last few nights, I played until 4:00 am (I didn't have to work the next day :D)...and, just the other day, I took a huge dump and my dung formed an "X". How's that for humor? :D

Uhhh, I guess you could call that humor.;) I played until 3am last night and I DID have work, I've been suffering from insomnia lately.:confused:

Spaztic
07-08-2002, 04:54 PM
I don't even own a xbox or any games. I just like to pretend I do!

l Maximus l
07-08-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

hehe...Nice! :D

UltimateAg
07-08-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

LOL. You've been pretending since Dec. 2001. haha.

Hmm, you're joking right? :D

POD13259
07-08-2002, 05:37 PM
Could have fooled me.

Tkf5000
07-08-2002, 06:12 PM
woa. its like being slapped across the face. it just hits u and u notice someone who u always see doesnt own a xbox. dood you gotta be jk, say ur jk plz.

POD13259
07-08-2002, 06:25 PM
He doesn't have to be kidding, dude. I was at the Xbox forum over at IGN long before I owned an Xbox. Now IGN has you pay for their MB service, and I'm here. Let me tell you, the whole 2 1/2 weeks that I've been here have been the best of my life.

Snake Eyez
07-08-2002, 09:18 PM
If these have been the best 2 1/2 weeks of your life, then you need to get outside more and experience life. Either that of your life was pretty *****ty before you came here. I'm glad you are having a good time now, but don't let that stop you from having fun away from this site and the xbox.

UltimateAg
07-09-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
woa. its like being slapped across the face. it just hits u and u notice someone who u always see doesnt own a xbox. dood you gotta be jk, say ur jk plz.

I'm sure it was just a joke.

rocksback
07-09-2002, 06:28 PM
I would have to say I'm an addict. I had a xbox the week it came out. A few months later money grew short so I had to sell it. But as soon as I had enough money I bought one right back again.
I work 6-7 days a week but still find time to play my xbox everyday. My wife thinks I'm actually cheating on her with my xbox because I see it more than I see her.

NomadLLama
07-09-2002, 10:14 PM
i am not an addict. i play my xbox only once a day and my record for not playing it was 2 weeks straight. i have only 3 games and i have beaten them all, i am just really mad with JSRF right now. (beat the story, did not get all characters yet.) i am an addict on buying computer games that don't even work on my computer. WarcraftIII? yeah i got the collector's edition, but the game runs at like .3 FPS. but really, i am just stocking up on games for my new computer, coming in a few months...........

peejay2288
08-08-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by UltimateAg
We all frequent this site under the guise of being an xbox addict, but are you really an xbox addict or an xbox FORUM addict? The definition of addict is to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively. I will admit to being a bit obsessive about visiting these forums and posting, but have come to realize the err of my ways (or maybe it's just the lack of humor in the forums lately, or the scarcity of interesting topics, I don't believe I spam though, except for that temptress called word association). Regardless, I am definitely an XBOX ADDICT, I wouldn't call it obsessive but it's most certainly habitual.

Ask yourself, can you go a day without playing on your xbox? Then ask yourself, can you go a day without visiting these forums? If your answers are yes and no respectively, perhaps you should go outside and find a few more friends since this forum is probably what you consider "hanging out with my friends".

Just a thought.:D

same here. at times I'm addicted. at other times i'm not... BEWARE OF THE PJ

lllSmokelll
08-08-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
goldberg...i'm not sho if your an addict or not...
but if xba was giving away an award for newest member with the most pointless posts ( being spam or mostly just qouting what another member said and not even adding your 2 cents) ...u would deffinately win hands down. I C

Professor Kaos
08-08-2002, 09:20 PM
i dont know what gets me so into games but ever since i got a sega master system way back when, ok it was a long time ago maybe 11-12years ive been hooked ive had every system besides sega cd i heard it sux ne ways i dont want a pos2 or ga-ycube cuz i just think they ur insuperior, its not like i want to say that i hate ppl with pos2 and ga-ycube but i love games i cant go less then like 6 hours without turnin on my box or pc or if i'm really board my dc so i guess u can say im totally addicted

laters

Dre
08-09-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Playya
i dont know what gets me so into games but ever since i got a sega master system way back when, ok it was a long time ago maybe 11-12years ive been hooked ive had every system besides sega cd i heard it sux ne ways i dont want a pos2 or ga-ycube cuz i just think they ur insuperior, its not like i want to say that i hate ppl with pos2 and ga-ycube but i love games i cant go less then like 6 hours without turnin on my box or pc or if i'm really board my dc so i guess u can say im totally addicted

laters

Have you ever heard of the 'period'? You put it at the end of a sentence... its real nifty. <-

Professor Kaos
08-09-2002, 11:05 AM
do u mean that lil dot the ppl always use?

Highlite23
08-09-2002, 05:19 PM
Play just about every night before bed, and visit the site just about everyday during time away from work.

So, yes, i guess i am an addict.;)