PDA

View Full Version : XBOX is a major threat to electronic gaming in general.

eman
10-24-2001, 08:51 AM
Using money and arm-twisting, MS will attempt to gain a monopoly on gaming hardware. When they have this, they will then start making life difficult for PC game publishers and players, forcing people to buy XBOXes. Then you can bet that they will become real expensive and need to be replaced often.

ThomasHun
10-24-2001, 09:00 AM
Gamers arent that stupid. If microsoft wiped out nin and sony and made their prices outrageous someone else would come out the bloom.

HALOJAY
10-24-2001, 09:08 AM
I would say that the appearance of MS will bring about just the right amount of competition that will bring down the prices of games and consoles in the years to come. Because of MS maybe Sony will think twice about charging an arm and a leg for their hard drive and their BB adapter and all the other **** you are going to have to buy but I doubt it.

sinizuh
10-24-2001, 09:16 AM
i know! this is gonna awesome! i can't wait :D :D ;)

Jigglypuff
10-24-2001, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ThomasHun
Gamers arent that stupid. If microsoft wiped out nin and sony and made their prices outrageous someone else would come out the bloom.

Yeah... cos Apple have been doing SO well since M$ stole their idea for a GUI.

The point of monopolisation is to make competition impossible (hence why people have laws against it, cos it's a very tricky process to reverse).

Let's think... ****, it'd be like SNK releasing a handhel to compete with Game Boy... do you think they'd stand a chance?

MensurB
10-24-2001, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by eman
Using money and arm-twisting, MS will attempt to gain a monopoly on gaming hardware. When they have this, they will then start making life difficult for PC game publishers and players, forcing people to buy XBOXes. Then you can bet that they will become real expensive and need to be replaced often.

Dude
You don't know what you're talking about...this will never happen, it's impossible.
However, if there was only one system out then everyone could trade games and stuff like that, I think everyone should just buy the X Box!

Jigglypuff
10-24-2001, 12:01 PM
Well I think everyone should just buy the PS2.

Well I think everyone should just buy the Gamecube.

Well I think everyone should just buy the GBA.

Well I think everyone should just buy the Dreamcast.

Well I think everyone should just buy the N64.

Well I think everyone should just buy the PSX.

Well I think everyone should just buy the GameBoy Colour.

Well I think everyone should just buy the SNES.

Well I think everyone should just buy the Megadrive...

...and so on and so forth.

Go on then, WHY should eveyone just buy Xbox? Because "it's the best console EVER"? Please explain.

MensurB
10-24-2001, 12:07 PM
You just said it yourself....just go to one of those tables where they compare all the systmes and you'll see!

l Maximus l
10-24-2001, 01:50 PM
If only everyone would simply buy an XBox...then, life would be perfect :D

-Max

Jigglypuff
10-24-2001, 02:04 PM
And what if I don't agree with the arguments they use?

I prefer nintendo games, pure and simple.

Xmun
10-24-2001, 02:35 PM
Using money and arm-twisting, MS will attempt to gain a monopoly on gaming hardware.

As opposed to what Sony was doing and using "cookies" and "hugs" to gain it's hold on the current market and flooding it with sub-par products, right sport?. :rolleyes:

When they have this, they will then start making life difficult for PC game publishers and players, forcing people to buy XBOXes. Then you can bet that they will become real expensive and need to be replaced often.

Baseless opinion.
All but useless in constructive debates.

Not having a shred of evidence to back up your claims is one thing.
But implying that you can predict the future is just plain braindead.

You have got a lot of work to do if your going to make us all convert and NOT buy an Xbox.

But dont give up, there is always hope................(just kidding, it's hopeless. But don't stop doing your funny little dance for us tho'! Dance, dance, dance :D )...........

l Maximus l
10-24-2001, 06:42 PM
Oh no....I think Eman is wasting good old wear and tear on his keyboard again...:rolleyes: