PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

Queasy Buddy
07-08-2002, 09:58 PM
I am new to this game and I would like to have some advice on how to get started. I wanted to know which faction should I join and some of the advantages I get from those faction? And can you join more then one faction at a time? Also I've just started to get used to the fighting system and I am still getting my but woped, I was wondering if any could give me a few tips on who to start beating on and where that could actualy level my guy up pretty quickly.

please hurry I despretly need to level up.

Alien
07-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Adam-XBA
I am new to this game and I would like to have some advice on how to get started. I wanted to know which faction should I join and some of the advantages I get from those faction? And can you join more then one faction at a time? Also I've just started to get used to the fighting system and I am still getting my but woped, I was wondering if any could give me a few tips on who to start beating on and where that could actualy level my guy up pretty quickly.

please hurry I despretly need to level up.

thanks:rolleyes: Okay, about joining different factions. It all depends on what type of character you are playing. I, being an Agent, have joined House Hlaalu, The Thief's Guild, the Marog Tong, and the Blades. So yes, you can join several factions, but only one Great House.

Say, if you're a Magical type of character, you'd want to shoot for House Telvanni and/or the Mages Guild.

If you're a Stealth character, you'd want to go for the Marog Tong (assasin's guild), House Hlaalu, and the Thief's Guild.

If you're a Combat character, you'd want to go for the Fighter's Guild, and House Redoran.

And the Blades is a faction that everyone should join, you have to to complete the Main Quest.

And about fighting, you should start low by fighting Nix Hounds, Foragers, Rats, and Cliff Racers. And then work your way up to killing people. But, killing people get's you in trouble with the guards if caught. I hope this helps you, feel free to ask any more questions.

CharlieHustle
07-08-2002, 10:13 PM
If you are JUST STARTING out, then you should probably do the miscellaneous quests in seyda nean(sp?). Like finding the tax collector, returning the man's ring, and find out where the man is hiding his money. It'll give you an opportunity to get some money in your pocket and get you accustomed to people.
As far as guilds, it depends on the direction you want to go. If you wanna get your sneak on, then jion the thieves guild. If you wanna be an errand girl, then join the mages guild. If you wanna send people to their maker, then join the fighters guild and/or the morag tong(especially).
Each has its advantages, like the fighters guild you will definately gain more experience in fighting with weapons, armor and block. In the thieves guild you will be doing tasks such as picking locks, and stealing, and so forth. The mages guild, hmmm, well i do say you get acces to their chest so you will get soul gems and devine intervention. Also they will train and sell spells to you for cheap as hell.
You can join as many guilds and legions you wish at any time, you are basically just working for them, just abide by their rules. Now as far as houses, you can only join one.
Good luck and have fun, because the guilds are like a big ass soap opera, each of them is hatin on each other, youll see.

Plewis
07-08-2002, 10:14 PM
i got my long blade up 2 or 3 points when I was at peligaid(sp) near when I started the game. I would try and kill this guy at his house, and then when my health was mostly gone I'd go out the door and go rest. Then Id come back for more:D I also got my block up too:)

Queasy Buddy
07-09-2002, 11:50 AM
thanks that was lots of help. I am so adicted now. Once you get started the fun aint's going to stop.:eek:

RapmasterC
07-09-2002, 11:56 AM
Nope it won't ... I've played mine easily over 100 hours already ... :eek:

SciFi
07-09-2002, 01:40 PM
Also, if you want some easy kills, go to the fishing villages like Hul Oad (sp?)....
If you kill the ppl inside the shacks they don't alarm anyone (also, if you steel from right in front of them, they call for help but they don’t attack you and no help ever comes;), good way to make a quick penny)