PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Play Halo??

lllSmokelll
07-08-2002, 10:07 PM
I was just wondering if you played inverted or regular controls
I play Inverted cause im used to it

Dre
07-09-2002, 10:20 AM
Inverted.... first game I ever played on computer was star wars rebel assault and it had inverted controls.

Actually, I read the topic and was going to write stoned till I saw the poll :D

Alien
07-09-2002, 12:13 PM
I play it inverted. Just more confortable, and has a more natural feel to it.

http://www.westwoodi.net/~smilies/contrib/blackeye/AR15firing.gif

Uchiha Sasuke
07-09-2002, 12:27 PM
I play all fps with normal controls.Up is up and down is down,nothing is confusing

UltimateAg
07-09-2002, 03:12 PM
I play inverted and naked. :o

Sargent_Ryan
07-09-2002, 04:51 PM
If I never switched it to inverted I think I would still be trying to look at those lights with that pillar of autumn training guy.

spliffdUP
07-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Inverted feels more natural. I've noticed that the people that use normal are the ones that dont play many video games(around my place anyways).

halocombat4ever
07-09-2002, 09:26 PM
i try to get used to both but when i stopped and went back to Inverted took me 2 hours to get used to just Inverted again

Spaztic
07-10-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by spliffdUP
Inverted feels more natural. I've noticed that the people that use normal are the ones that dont play many video games(around my place anyways).

I play with normal...I play video games all the time!

lllSmokelll
07-10-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Sargent_Ryan
If I never switched it to inverted I think I would still be trying to look at those lights with that pillar of autumn training guy.
when he asked me if i wanted to leave the controls like they are or change them back i didnt notice he was changin it from inverted to normal.....i just chose one randomly and i picked inverted

Supperdog
07-31-2002, 10:46 AM
i play normal, inverted feels too wierd and jarring for me

and plus the master chief is not an airplane!!!

but the banshee is...hmmmm....

Snapple
08-02-2002, 09:36 AM
man i cant stand inverted it makes me crasy i just simpley live in the easy world and go with normal:)

Reclaimer
08-03-2002, 03:12 AM
I play carefully...

But anyway, I play with normal controls, but I do have inverted controls for vehicles set up. Because it is weird to use the ghost and bashee with the normal control. Luckily Bungie thought of eveything concerning us gamers.
I go as far as even using the "boxer" set up for button configuration .

Is this a re-thread? I feel like I've posted this before.....
deja-vu
maybe?

Young_Fledgling
08-03-2002, 03:00 PM
i play inverted because that is what bond on n64 was like... and that was the fps i went hardcore on... so i am just used to it.

Plewis
08-03-2002, 09:23 PM
i play regular... i played through the game on regular and a lot of multiplayer... started playing morrowind which has default inverted and got used to that played halo and couldnt shoot anything but my feet with regular or inverted... changed morrowind to regular and Im ok now... phew! :o :eek:

ShannonX
08-05-2002, 10:41 PM
i play normal with my melee and grenade buttons switched.... melee goes to left trigger and grenade is the b button i think... who knows. i dont look at the buttons, i just push em =)

masterchief2064
08-08-2002, 03:47 PM
I use inverted cause the first time that i played it was at my friends house and he made my guy and he made him just like his and used inverted for me, i was confused but he never changed it to normal and I got used to inverted

cityson
08-08-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by masterchief2064
I use inverted cause the first time that i played it was at my friends house and he made my guy and he made him just like his and used inverted for me, i was confused but he never changed it to normal and I got used to inverted

If you are using inverted, that means your brain is upside down and leftside right.

MattKnob
08-10-2002, 12:12 PM
I play inverted. Inverted just felt more "normal" to me when I first started playing Halo because the first shooter I had played heavily on my XBox was Max Payne, which only lets you play inverted. I tried normal to see if I could get used to it and it drove me absolutely crazy.

wweomaniac
08-10-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
i play inverted because that is what bond on n64 was like... and that was the fps i went hardcore on... so i am just used to it. same. They should switch inverted to normal. Because inverted is the normal way. i don't know why they used this new convention.

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 07:10 PM
i play normal......but after playing max payne 3 days staright then beating it...i think im going back to inverted