PDA

View Full Version : What is the best NFL game?

digital Bath
07-08-2002, 11:59 PM
I like both realism and options. What game is the best? Which ones have a franchise mode ect? Thanks.;)

cityson
07-10-2002, 04:51 AM
For realism, I would say Sega's sports! NFL 2k3 so far has the best graphics.....But for options, Microsoft's NFL Fever 2003 is better cuz it supports Xbox Live! in the future.

I just love the reflections on the helmet! "Sega NFL 2k3"

http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/nfl2k3/sim-nfl2k3-0002.jpg

Spaztic
07-10-2002, 09:18 AM
fever hands down!

The Source
07-10-2002, 02:35 PM
Well, i say that it would be extremely hard to say because their are so many great football games coming out it is hard to tell which one is the best. But if you had to give a rough estimate i would say that the best football games of all time so far is the Madden series. But I would also say that the best new up and coming football series would be NFL Fever by microsoft. That series of games looks to be very promising.

robnyack
07-10-2002, 08:27 PM
is that a screenshot of Sega's NFL 2k3 or a screenshot of the upcoming gamecube version of Zelda???

way too cartoonish for my tastes.

robnyack
07-10-2002, 08:29 PM
madden and fever were both very close last year, in my opinion. I expect them again to both be very close, with one HUGE difference....Fever supports online play, madden does not.

So, two games, both very good, one has online p[lay, one does not....guess which one is going to get left in the dust?

lllSmokelll
07-10-2002, 09:22 PM
madden wins.....madden WINS

consolegamer
07-15-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by robnyack
is that a screenshot of Sega's NFL 2k3 or a screenshot of the upcoming gamecube version of Zelda???

way too cartoonish for my tastes.

Obviously, you have never played any version of the NFL Sega Sports series. Their football games are godlike in every way. Madden is rehash after rehash, fever just blows and Sega Kicks a$$. Every new installment of the Sega Sports series has a significant improvement, unlike madden. I bought the first madden for the ps2. It was good. I sold my ps2 a long time ago , purchased an Xbox and bought madden 2002. It's literally the same game.

robnyack
07-15-2002, 04:40 PM
Obviously, you have never played any version of the NFL Sega Sports series.

Actually, I had the first two versions of Sega's NFL for the dreamcast. While the games were ok, they just always seemed to be lacking in excitement. Decent games, but definately back seat to Madden.

Now, I did not play last season's version, so I do not know, but I do know, Fever 02 and Madden 02 were both VERY good football games.

you have to admit though, the screenshots (shown above) of the latest Sega version looks pretty cartoonish, no? Not my style, brudda.

robnyack
07-15-2002, 04:44 PM
the one thing Madden 02 had that the others did not have (maybe Seaga did?) was the slider controls. This was a fantastic idea and let you tweak the game till you get the type of game you like.

consolegamer
07-16-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by robnyack

Actually, I had the first two versions of Sega's NFL for the dreamcast. While the games were ok, they just always seemed to be lacking in excitement. Decent games, but definately back seat to Madden.

Now, I did not play last season's version, so I do not know, but I do know, Fever 02 and Madden 02 were both VERY good football games.

you have to admit though, the screenshots (shown above) of the latest Sega version looks pretty cartoonish, no? Not my style, brudda.

Like I said before, Madden is also a fantastic football game. As a matter of fact I love Madden equally to NFL 2K2. I couldn't get into fever though. The players looked like apes, the commentary was repetative and the graphics were blurry. Madden Had that actual nfl feel, because it has real announcers, something i wish sega would put in their games. And the coaches in Madden were a plus. I'm getting Madden and NFL 2K3. I'll rent fever and see if it's worthy of purchase.:cool:

consolegamer
07-16-2002, 09:46 AM
This don't look cartoonish to me.

http://www.sgn.cc/football/sega_sports_nfl_2k3/xbox/7.jpg

consolegamer
07-16-2002, 09:55 AM
Fever looks good also this year. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.