PDA

View Full Version : Xbox - Civilization 3

TheGeezer
07-09-2002, 09:13 AM
Hi,

A mate of mine reckons in some mag he read recently it stated that this game would be g to xbox..... I loved the first so to me this would be superb, but I cant seem to find any confirmation of this anywhere on the net, so does anyone else know or heard anything about this?

Cheers

Alien
07-09-2002, 09:17 AM
That would be cool...but I haven't heard anything about it.

Crazy Joe
07-09-2002, 11:24 AM
i haven't heard anything about it either, but if it does, it better be online and have a good control scheme.

Knight
07-09-2002, 11:30 AM
This game will be crap on any console it needs a mouse to work right!!

TheGeezer
07-10-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Knight
This game will be crap on any console it needs a mouse to work right!!

it wont work aswell but Civ II on the playstation worked OK after you got used to it.... buttons doing short cuts to menus etc..

X-Ray
07-10-2002, 05:03 PM
I am a civ fanatic. I own civ 3 (and civ 2). I agree that the control scheme is better suited to mouse and keyboard. As a criticism of the game, even with a mouse and keyboard, controls are still sluggish! With a hard drive it won't be an issue but as general information, save files on the pc version often used SEVERAL MEGABYTES. By the "end-game" I had save files running 6-7 megabytes on a large map! Saving took forever on a pc. If the Xbox's write speed is slower than many pc's (as I fear it is) saving could take 10 minutes!

In conclusion I think rts and turnbased strategy (which is what civ 1 2 and 3 are) are better suited to a PC.

dave_m123
07-10-2002, 06:02 PM
I'd love it if they came out with a mouse extension that plugged into your controller like the gun is supposed to do. Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 is apparently being made for the Xbox and that will need a mouse.