PDA

View Full Version : PS2 really a destined to be a PC!

DOOM
10-24-2001, 11:35 AM
Sony will release the PS2 Linux kit in North America, says an SCEI executive.

At the ongoing Rambus Developer Forum 2001, Sony Computer Entertainment confirmed that it plans to release its PlayStation 2 Linux kit in North America. Shinichi Okamoto, senior vice president of research and development and CTO of SCEI, said that the US release date and pricing for the product will be announced soon. The PS2 Linux kit uses the X-Windows graphical interface and can be used as an operating system on the console to run a variety of computer productivity, communication, and entertainment software. The Linux kit can also be used as a minimalist development environment on the PS2. The kit includes a software DVD, 40GB hard drive, and USB keyboard and mouse. The product is currently available in Japan and retails for 25,000 yen (about $200). GameSpot will have more as it develops.

Sony Is DOOMED!, LOL!
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2819705,00.html

Jigglypuff
10-24-2001, 11:58 AM
Umm... so why are they doomed then?!?!

Because they release a console-cum-dev kit that *shock horror* runs on a known operating system kernel?! Oh my god that's soooo bad!!!!!

l Maximus l
10-24-2001, 02:05 PM
D A M N Hypocrites :rolleyes:

hehe, nice DOOM...That is hilarious! :D

-Max

oxMUDVAYNExo
10-24-2001, 02:17 PM
Sony is tring hard to make the PS2 more like the XBOX to bad you gotta pay $500 bucks for the PS2 and the kit and then not even half the games will use the new tech with the games I give PS2 two years and thay will be out of the gaming market Nintendo and Xbox should be around for a while but in the end it will be just the BOX that stays..

l Maximus l
10-24-2001, 06:44 PM
I think Nintendo and Sony are really losing a lot of gamers because of the XBox...and rightly so! Finally!!! We have something extremely innovative! Mmmmmm...XBox :D