PDA

View Full Version : Halo Hunters

Dre
07-09-2002, 02:45 PM
Whats the best spot to sneak up on a Hunter and see him standing fully upright? I saw one standing up once but it only lasted like 2 secs and then he saw me.

E Nomini Patri
07-09-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Whats the best spot to sneak up on a Hunter and see him standing fully upright? I saw one standing up once but it only lasted like 2 secs and then he saw me.

I found this one in The Maw. Right inside the cafeteria. (you have to be on normal or higher to have Hunters there)

Dre
07-09-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

I found this one in The Maw. Right inside the cafeteria. (you have to be on normal or higher to have Hunters there)

Cool, thanks. I'll be checking that out tonight!

I usually go guns blazing into rooms on that level Rambo style.. its fun :)

E Nomini Patri
07-09-2002, 03:16 PM
No prob! I used photoshop 5 to get a better quality shot of the exact same picture here:

Reclaimer
07-09-2002, 08:40 PM
Silent Cartographer: In the begining on top of the hill where there's a couple of them. (after you kill them, you have to go past them to the the cliff and hang a right to go inside the building.) If you grabbed the rocket launcher from the Pelican crash site, fight your way up the narrow path and stop at the top. Carefully look to the right, and you can use the scope to see them standing straight up before they see you.

I was playing co-op with none other than my wife last night and I noticed that on Truth and Reconcilliation, inside the hanger (playing on easy) when the hunters come out and charge you at close range, if you side step them and they run past you, and you
turn around, I saw that stay stand up for a second and then bunker down and run at you again. Like a weird momentum gathering effect. At one point later when you reach the shuttle bay, my wife successfully sniped (with the rifle) a hunter as he stood up. A shot straight to the stomach. I was in the hanger about 100 yards, she was in the doorway sniping. My back was to her and the Hunter was in front of me (facing me) trying to melee me with his arm shield. It killed him. I told her originally that you can only hit them on the orange part of their back. She said if you look closely when they stand up there's orange in the front too. Must be a game snafu.

Dre
07-10-2002, 08:25 AM
Yup, I went to the cafeteria last night in the maw.. after the two hunters took care of the flood, I was able to watch as one of em stretched himself :)

E Nomini Patri
07-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Dre
I was able to watch as one of em stretched himself :)

You're sick! ;)