PDA

View Full Version : 2006, The Online Year

Knight
07-09-2002, 02:47 PM
2006, The Online Year
Tuesday, July 9, 07:10 | Talon |
Reports on how great online gaming will be and how profitable it’s going to be in the future are more popular than the publishing of multiplatform titles nowadays. Today, a new report titled Wireless, Interactive TV & Online Gaming: Market assessment and forecast was commissioned by the European Leisure Software Publishers Association (ELSPA) and carried out by Screen Digest. In the report it was said that consumer spending for online gaming will grow from the current 127 million to 6.4 billion euros in 2006, a 5000 percent increase. Furthermore, online consoles are expected to generate profits in excess of 2.5 billion euros with broadband in over 16.6 million households across Europe by 2006.
On the PC side of things it was estimated that subscription-based titles will skyrocket from the current 1.4 million to 7 million euros in 2006. This increase in Europe was also said to have a similar effect on North America with online PC gaming hitting an all time high with $1.3 billion in ... you guessed it, 2006.

Those interested in reading the full report can pick it up at Screen Digest for $1,595 USD

http://www.planetxbox.com/

LynxFX
07-09-2002, 03:23 PM
For me, 1996 was the online year and best of all it was free and has been since.

I'll give Xbox Live a chance though....especially if I become a beta tester. If not then I'll still fork over the $50 for a years subscription.