PDA

View Full Version : Question for Dre or whoever else has encountered this quest

Skarp
07-09-2002, 04:14 PM
I went to Tel Fyr and pick up most of the loot there then I let their slave go. The slave told me to give her locket to her father to show that she is alive.
The slave said she didn't know where her father was but that I should ask her father's friend named Athyn Salethi in Ald Ruhn.
I found Athyn Salethi but he does not tell me anything regarding the whereabouts of the slave's father. Anyone else encounter this problem?

X-Ray
07-09-2002, 04:35 PM
You stumbled upon a Redoran quest. The father is in some cave called "Milk" west of Ald-run. If your not Redoran, you might want to go find this cave simply because the father is wearing a full set of ebony. If you are redoran, the righteous route is preferrable.

Skarp
07-09-2002, 05:04 PM
I haven't joined a house yet, but is there a way to join all three?

Do you join a house for the main quest? because I have not started that.

And what is the righteous route?

X-Ray
07-09-2002, 05:12 PM
You can only join one house (unless there's a glitch or something). Here's the summary of the Redoran quest. This former redoran noble's gone crazy and he's robbing people between Ald-ruhn and Maar Gan. You have to stop it. The easy way is to kill him. The hard (and righteous) way is to help him. The redoran who assigns this quest tells you that the crazy guys dad is in Ebonheart. Go to Ebonheart and the dad will tell you that his son's gone mad since his daughter was captured by the Telvanni. Rescue the girl. She gives you the locket. You fight your way into the cavern of milk until you find the crazy guy. Talk to him and when you show him his daughters amulet he's ok. Go collect your reward.

Of course this is useless if your not in Redoran.

Hold on to the locket. If you join redoran, it might come in handy.

Skarp
07-09-2002, 05:34 PM
Is the reward for this quest better than killing the man and taking his ebony armor?

What are the other two houses, tevanni and ?. Which do you recommend joining (I guess which is the most fun)

When you say righteous are you just saying that because thats how you should do the quest, or is there a different reward for being righteous?

And do you join the houses at free will or is there a point in the main quest where you must join a house?

SlightlySycho
07-09-2002, 06:29 PM
Crap. I already killed this guy, and I'm a member of House Redoran.:( I was looking for Drulene's hut, and I came across a bandit cave called Milk. I cleared it out because I thought it was worthless.

THat'll learn me.:(

Sword 4 Hire
07-09-2002, 11:44 PM
You said the cavern is west of Ald'runn....anything I should look for to find it??

Dre
07-10-2002, 01:52 PM
Sounds like you got a good lead on what to do now..

I've gotten the amulet from the chick, but I haven't really pursued her father yet.

X-Ray
07-10-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
You said the cavern is west of Ald'runn....anything I should look for to find it??

Its west of Ald-run and North east of Drulene's guar herd. Other than that I can't help you. (It took me forever to find.)

In response to the reward question: You do get a better reward if you go the "righteous route" although I now forget what it is. Your reputation and your clan reputation increase if you do the "right thing." Otherwise, if that doesn't convince you, go ahead and kill the sob! I'm thinking of going back and killing him now that my rep and reward is in hand! That might be the option I'll pursue.

Edit: There are three Great houses, Redoran, Hlaalu and Telvanni. Join the one that suits you. Redoran is best for those with a combat specialized class/charecter. Hlaalu is for the stealth. And Telvanni is for the mage. Look at their "requirments" and choose the one who favors you major and minor skills.