PDA

View Full Version : Demos & Screenshots real XBox graphics???

Pimpn419
10-24-2001, 03:33 PM
I know this Is sorta stupid to be asking.. but If I felt this way I thought other people might be thinking the same thing.

The local Toys R Us has an xbox console with a demo disk where you can watch demos of many xbox games expected at launch and play the interactive demo for Oddworld. The graphics looked sweet!!! Even the interactive demo for Oddworld (which I knew was far from what the main game would be like.. just a small taste) looked pretty tight. I've been looking at screenshots for many upcoming xbox games checking out the graphics and such.. and even the screenshots look @#!$%^* awsome.

The troubling thing Is that today I saw a Taco Bell comercial advertising thier xbox give away thing.. and It showed some gameplay from that Project Gotham Racing.. and the graphics looked like they sucked!!!

Could the the demos and screenshots I've seen be the best of the xbox?!?!? Like when I get mine with the gameplay have really crappy graphics?

Does the xbox even have movies at the ends of the scenes for certain games..? I know most of these questions are pretty stupid, but I thought If the thought had crossed my mind, maybe It'd crossed someone elses. Or I could just be all paranoid over nothing =)....

-Matt

oxMUDVAYNExo
10-24-2001, 04:02 PM
Don't let it brother you I never saw the Taco Bell comercial but Microsoft did adment that the launch games were rushed a little and the good games are still to come I'm not planing to get PGR. I'm not getting PGR becouse I'm not in to the racing games to much but be sure there are going to be alot better racing games than PGR Iwould waite..
As for movies sceens there are going to be in the games Muchs oddysee has some funny @$$ movies to but with Grafixs like the XBOXES do you realy need them?

Pimpn419
10-24-2001, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I don't plan on buying Project Gotham Racing either, but compared to the demo I saw.. the graphics on that Taco Bell comercial looked really crappy!!! Just got me thinking If all the games were like that.. they look really awsome on demo, the graphics look really awsome, and even the gameplay looked kick @$$.. but then you buy the games and they suck! The graphics wouldn't be anything like you saw In the demo and the gameplay would be way off.. just freaked me out a bit at the thought It.

-Matt

l Maximus l
10-24-2001, 05:43 PM
My prediction is that the graphics on these streaming videos on the internet are going to be horrible compared to live game playing on the XBox.

I plan on buying Project Gotham Racing...it will probably be my first game...though, I plan on buying atleast three at launch and it definately will be one of them. The other two will be Amped and Halo (Halo goes without saying, practically!!)

I have never seen a more impressive racing game from the clips I have seen on PGR. I can't wait to play this puppy live in the comfort of my own living room!

Generally, the safest way to go is to try before you buy...but, I believe that the XBox is presenting us with games that are changing this mind-set...in other words, because of the XBox, "try before you buy" is going to be changed to "Buy and then try"!! The XBox is amazing! And, I doubt Microsoft is going to launch a title like PGR and have it be beat soon...I believe it will take a long time for developers to make a more impressive racing game. If I'm wrong, either way, SWEET!

-Max