PDA

View Full Version : halo 2

bo_bo
07-09-2002, 04:41 PM
i know a halo 2 will be made but i dont know the name, like how halo is cmpat evolved but whats halo two gonna be compat evolved... EVEN MORE!!! cuz that would just be homosexual.

Tkf5000
07-09-2002, 07:12 PM
thye just announced it not to long ago. they dont have a name yet and right now the codename is just halo next. the next oxm will have some info on it. im not even sure if bungie started developing halo next yet. i heard some rumors of people calling it return to the ring but i think thats a name some dood made up.

SpicyJ3W
07-09-2002, 10:06 PM
I've also heard that "Halo Next" as it's being it's being called has a launch date scheduled for the holiday season of 2002. I'm not sure if it's true but I got that info from a pretty reliable source. :D

;) _-BrOwN ZaNeY-_ ;)

Tkf5000
07-10-2002, 08:35 AM
if bungie just started developing it or even if they ddnt it wouldnt be out holiday 2002. maybe holiday 2003 but not holiday 2002.

Spaztic
07-10-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
if bungie just started developing it or even if they ddnt it wouldnt be out holiday 2002. maybe holiday 2003 but not holiday 2002.

yeah they could...the hard stuff was aready figured out (physics, enviroment, etc.). All they need to do is add some more textures, a couple races, vechicles, weapons, new multiplayer maps and think of a continuing story and bamm! halo2

Frink
07-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by bo_bo
i know a halo 2 will be made but i dont know the name, like how halo is cmpat evolved but whats halo two gonna be compat evolved... EVEN MORE!!! cuz that would just be homosexual. I have an idea....you should get this game. It will be way better than halo two:cmpat evolved:

http://www.shoppingshownetwork.com/images/079/079.jpg

Tkf5000
07-10-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

yeah they could...the hard stuff was aready figured out (physics, enviroment, etc.). All they need to do is add some more textures, a couple races, vechicles, weapons, new multiplayer maps and think of a continuing story and bamm! halo2
yea thye could make halo 2 out of everything they have using the same engine just maybe add a few vehicles maps and weapons they could make it in a couple months.

ALC
07-14-2002, 04:05 PM
yeah but then it would be an addon for halo and not a new game. It totally sucks ass when developers rush projects.

Snoopy7548
07-14-2002, 07:39 PM
it will be called halo 2: compat evolved. lol

ALC
07-14-2002, 10:26 PM
if they released it on the gameboy: Halo, compact compat evolved hah

symposiumx
07-15-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by ALC
if they released it on the gameboy: Halo, compact compat evolved hah

that's pretty funny....cheesy as all hell...but funny :)

They would definitely be able to get it out by holiday 2002.....and it wouldnt be rushed...they've had almost 8 months since Halo's release.....you can bet anything that Bungie didnt stop after the first Halo was made....

they made Halo and still had a lot of the ideas, engine, physics, etc. planned out for Halo2....they just had to wait to see it go gang busters before they said "ok...lets crank it out"

I'm rambling....time for my medication nurse.....

Shadow20002
07-29-2002, 07:48 PM
I want they change completely the engine of Halo. I want something new about it. Maybe could beat up DOOM III (the one every 3d shooter fans must-see). So maybe i must say...take your time Bungie...and only time can make a big taste for game.

ALC
07-29-2002, 09:36 PM
well put, because they spent how long working on halo?
Like we saw previews in 2000 or 1999 at least!

Reclaimer
07-29-2002, 09:52 PM
I read at Truth and Reconciliation that they took 4 years to make Halo. A sequel couldn't take that long. The engine already exsists. Just tweak the engine, add the new characters/weapons/vehicles and maps and voila! A sequel is born. I 'll bet big bucks that they already planned the sequel and had stuff prepared for right as Halo was released. So that saved time. Just keep on programming. We'll release this part as a functioning game first....

Halo: Reborn

Who's with me.....

Tinny
07-30-2002, 09:27 AM
A CEO of id Software stated that DOOM III can be ported to the X-Box without much graphical compromise. Now with the added bonus of Cg, Halo 2 should certainly look great and perhaps even better then Doom though I won't hold my breathe. I just want to see a slightly better version of Halo. I want them to concentrate on the SP.

Halo: Reborn!?!?! Halo ain't dead!!!!

Professor Kaos
07-30-2002, 09:47 AM
one thing u guys forgot is tha halo next or halo 2 is supposed to b a completley online game, yeah there may b and proly is a single player option but its proly gonna come out nxt year and xbox live should b huge and there wont b a big need for single player. but i still cant wait

Tinny
07-30-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Playya
one thing u guys forgot is tha halo next or halo 2 is supposed to b a completley online game, yeah there may b and proly is a single player option but its proly gonna come out nxt year and xbox live should b huge and there wont b a big need for single player. but i still cant wait

Um... what? Halo 2 will be a single player game with MP option. I think you might be refering to HALO Online which is only for XBL and won't have a SP. I only heard about HALO Online and I don't know whether it's true or not. Any confirmation on this?

symposiumx
07-30-2002, 10:18 AM

I don't agree. Leaving out SP would cripple the Halo franchise. Not every Xboxer can afford broadband (or will get broadband for some time). I think it would be a self-hurtful move on microsoft's and Bungie's part to not have Halo2 a SP with multiplayer/online option.

Then make a seperate Halo Online to swoon the masses, etc.

Professor Kaos
07-30-2002, 10:22 AM
damn, i said there will proly b a single player mode

symposiumx
07-30-2002, 10:26 AM
damn, i said there will proly b a single player mode

you are correct, you did stat that. I jumped the gun, so to speak.
My opion is that it will be SP.

sorry about missreading!

hoy74
08-10-2002, 10:35 PM
If Bungie (puppet of Microsoft) does what microsoft does best, it will be out by Christmas this year...... It will also incoorperate (borrow) ideas from Doom III, Quake, and any other competitor. It will probably have more bugs than the orignal had. Also the idea of online play is very noble, however the simple piece of the pie that a lot of people forget is, even if you have a broadband connection (and I do) you are still only as strong as your weakest link between point A and point B. So until the Internet goes to a quack doctor and gets its backbone alined, and the fine people at MCI and other telecoms can get their heads out their @$$, there will be lag, and you will be paying for that lag.

Leaving out Single Player, would not surprise me, however would be only a slight tragedy for me. I would like to see more maps, weapons, and vehicles just like everyone else. However some features I see hardly ever mentioned that I would like to see in Multplayer game is Bots, and lots of bots, I want tons of things shooting at me. I want more than two teams available. I still remeber the inital release of quake for PC, and how we took over my highschools computer lab, to turn it into a quake gaming room. We would have 7 teams of two.....very fun. Also I like the grappling hook, or whatever it is called from Quake and Bond. Getting to the top of the board with a lot of fire power can be very amusing. On the single player side of things, make BOSSES. This seemes simple enough, but to complete a level or chapter, and alls I have to do is chuck a handfull of grenades and a couple of rockets into a crowded room of week enemies is simply too easy.

Tkf5000
08-11-2002, 09:44 AM
ok hoy you dont know everything about halo 2 so dont act like u do. and it wont be out this holiday season. bungie only said so much and everything ur saying is wrong. theres a article on the front page of xboxaddict.com read that before u say u know everythig.

hoy74
08-11-2002, 10:03 AM
It could very well be out by Christmas this year, if they wanted it to be, because they should have almost everything done then. As far the internet lagging, do you even know how that $h|+ works? Microsoft can't magically wave there magical little wand and make packets travel any faster, Sorry to burst your bubble, unless that is you are sitting right next to a T3 line, and enjoying playing people that .5 to 1 seconds behind you. It doesn't seem much, but it is just enough.

The rest of the stuff was just comments on what I would like to see.

Also, just because it is published, doesn't mean it is true!

Tkf5000
08-11-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by hoy74

Also, just because it is published, doesn't mean it is true! lol yea it does. and its announced that it will be finished christmas 2003! not 2002.

Duke
08-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Generally games do not come out BEFORE their release dates. If anything they usually get pushed back. Unfortunately, I didn't bother to read the rest of your post because it's clear that you're talking out your ass.

As far as Bungie being a puppet of MS, If that's true I certainly hope it stays that way (can you say PC version idiot)

They've put out (in my opinion) the best xbox game to date. Whatever reasons you have for hating on Bungie, you're more than welcome to your opinion, but I'm not really sure what your point is.

Anyway, I see you're fairly new to the forums, and hopefully you just aren't here to start trouble as it's kind of pointless.

Welcome to XBA

BTW, just finished reading the rest of your post. As far as the whole "just because it's published......" when was the last time you saw a game that was this big come out an entire year before announced? Not really trying to knock ya, I just don't think you thought too much before you posted.

Tinny
08-11-2002, 01:38 PM
hehe, hoy74, not exactly very open posts ;) One thing about online: The fact that everybody requires broadband to play will significantly decrease the lag of all players. Also the fact that XBL automatically searches for the best connection for you also decreases the amount of lag. Oh, and Microsoft won't have much "over the sea" online gaming straight away so you are more likely then not playing somebody a few miles away from you. Now believe it or not, XBL will be the best and easiest way to play games online. I mean you don't have to worry about 56kers like you do on the PC or having to search through massive lists of games even with filters.
As technology for the internet develops so will broadband and the telecomm companies throughout the world. Expect very little lag by the end of 2004 on the XBL and try to be more hopeful with the evidence so far. :)

Bungie will not leave out single player. Why? Why do you think Halo was such a awesome game in the first place? And whats with everybody obsession with bots!? I personally do not give a flying crap if there is bots or isn't. I am looking forward simply to the SP campaign and the fact that there is MP on XBL on Halo 2 is just a bonus for me. You know what? I don't think I want bots in Halo 2 and I stand by Bungies opinions on MP. If you want another MMFPS Online then just grab Unreal Championship or Planetside if you want a more Haloesque game. But for a SP? Gotta grab Halo. Oh and NO bosses. Definately no bosses. One thing I am glad Halo didn't have in it's SP. Hoy... are you one of those guys who think storyline ain't important in a FPS and the only thing that FPSs are good for is MP? Yeah, I was once like that. :rolleyes:

ShannonX
08-11-2002, 02:13 PM
...very amusing. On the single player side of things, make BOSSES. This seemes simple enough, but to complete a level or chapter, and alls I have to do is chuck a handfull of grenades and a couple of rockets into a crowded room of week enemies is simply too easy.

Thats one of the reasons i liked halo, no bosses. The bosses thing is old, gets really boring. I'm so sick of games that make you fight a boss to advance. I like the continuation and gradually increasing difficulty that halo offered without doing that boss crap.

Tkf5000
08-11-2002, 03:30 PM
i want ONE boss in halo thats it. im not sure who the boss could be but not a giant 30 foot tall alien or sumthin. a normal size thing, no special way to beat the boos like in blood omen or something just kill it. something like the covenant makes a super wariior like master chief or something. i dunno. boss or not i could really care i just want more halo!

shrew king
08-11-2002, 05:32 PM
BOSSES? they didnt make bosses because they wanted it realistic, if it was real would there be some 20 foot tall robot that sits in a room, and when you enter, the doors close behind you and youre faced against the big piece of s*it? bosses were good in the days of super nes, where the graphics werent good enough to deliver a good story, unless you wanted to read it off the screen, in halo 2, they could make bosses work, but not how you think, they would probably deliver it in the way of a covenant hybrid tank or something, with great armor and all that, or something like a spartan that has been taken into covenant hands and swithced around to fight with the covenant, but in halo 2, dont expect to see big red flashing letters that say "VOLTOR, BOSS OF LEVEL 1" or anything of that matter.:rolleyes:

Snoopy7548
08-11-2002, 05:34 PM
As far the internet lagging, do you even know how that $h|+ works? Microsoft can't magically wave there magical little wand and make packets travel any faster, Sorry to burst your bubble, unless that is you are sitting right next to a T3 line, and enjoying playing people that .5 to 1 seconds behind you.

you are so stupid dude. there will be almost NO lag. whenever i play counter strike on the pc, i get no lag. and guess what, the people running the servers arent big companies, theyre just people with like t1 or t3 lines. microsoft will have at least an oc-something line. and even on xbconnect, theres like no lag at all.

Snoopy7548
08-11-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
dont expect to see big red flashing letters that say "VOLTOR, BOSS OF LEVEL 1" or anything of that matter.:rolleyes:

haha, voltor? lol. where'd u come up with that?:) :D

shrew king
08-11-2002, 06:19 PM
:D sounded like one of the bosses to megaman or something, first thing that came to mind.:)

hoy74
08-11-2002, 08:59 PM
I like the story line in FPS, in fact that is one of the reasons I will play halo vs other PC FPS. However with the story line I like challenges. FPS's by nature aren't my favorites, I like the sports and RPG's the best. I agree with Bungie making one of the best games for X-Box, I just don't want to see it destroyed in its sophomore release. Hopefully I am wrong about the interent thing, and it will work great, for the price it better, I am just a little hesitent, because its getting to the point where broadband isn't even enough anymore for any internet applications. However, Bosses and Bots aside, I think Bungie should look at more than two teams in Multiplayer. No so much for the CTF games, but for the team slayers. 8 vs 8 is awesome CTF, but gets overwhelming in team slayer when you can only shoot at half the players.

Tkf5000
08-12-2002, 09:37 AM
i hope theres a lvl with stationary guns above the base so when ur playing capture the flag and stuff someone controls the gun just incase the other team tries to get the flag into ur base or take ur flag.