PDA

View Full Version : Enchantment points

Dulacc
07-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Okay, I've just got my first Golden Saint trapped. I'm thinkin', 'Cool! I'll be able to constant effect everything I've got now.' Then I go to make something with constant effect, and the enchantment points requirements go through the roof! I mean, I thought I could do something with my glass armor, but about all I can do is levitate with a 1 magnitude(EXTREMELY slow), or fortify an attribute for a whopping 2 points.

My Questions:

1) Is there a way to cut down the enchantment points on these?

2) Are there items with tons of enchantment points? The best I have are the exquisite ring and exquisite amulet(120 enchantment points)

jshaudvitis
07-09-2002, 09:22 PM
y dont u just go to an enchanter in a mages guild, its expensive but u can enchant as high as u want?

Plewis
07-09-2002, 09:27 PM
thats one of the worst things about glass armor. its enchantment points are like 7. I believe Orcish is much better, and Daedric is not quite as good. Exquisite Amulets and Exquisite Rings are enchantment 120. That is the most of anything I know in the game. I just need to get some empty grand soul gems so I can soul trap a Golden Saint

Dulacc
07-09-2002, 09:29 PM
It's not MY enchantment skill I'm talking about.

Each item has a certain number of enchantment points. Each enchantment you put on an item cost a certain amout of these points, based on its magnitude, the enchantment itself, etc. It's the fraction you see in the upper right side of the screen. The left side shows what the current enchantment would cost in enchantment points, the right shows how many enchantment points the item chosen has.

Dulacc
07-09-2002, 09:36 PM
There are 2 options I see with Soul Gems:

1) Get the Azura's Star Re-usable soul gem. It can hold anything and, as stated, it's reusable. Then you just summon golden saint, trap, enchant, repeat as needed.

2) Do the Soul Gem switch trick. After you get a Constant effect soul gem, set the enchantment up as usual. However, after you've set everything up, switch out the soul gem for a lesser one. I just did this about 2 min ago. The enchantment still sucks, but it only cost me a flame antronoch gem instead of my golden saint.

I'll have to look for some better enchantment point armor, I guess. Oh, well.

headgamer
08-04-2002, 07:58 PM
Yeah, this has bothered me too! Why in the world are enchantment points so low for some items?! Obviously some shoudl be low (like commons clothes, for example). But I have a full set of Daedric armor, and the greaves (or boots) have only 26 enchantment points, and the pauldrons only have 6 points each?! WTF?!

I can't believe the enchantment points are so low! I mean, exquisite clothing has more enchantment points than most Daedric armor pieces? What is up with that?

My Enchant skill is really low (I pay to get he enchantments done), but does your own Enchant skill affect the total enchant points? Or what about if they are damaged a little an need repair? I didn't think to check their repair status before I had them enchanted. I could always go back to an earlier save if needed...

Anyone know why Daedric enchant points are so low?

HG...

SkoalMint
08-05-2002, 05:15 AM
From what I have seen, the item with the highest number of enchant points is the Daedric Shield with 225. Second are exquisite rings and amulets.

I don't think your enchant skill or the damage level of the item effects the number of enchant points. However, it has been my experience that your enchant skill does effect how quickly an enchanted item will regenerate its number of charges.

Has anyone checked the Indoril stuff that the Ordinators wear for enchant points? If it is high enough, this could be a good reason to specialize in medium armor.

Dulacc
08-05-2002, 10:23 AM
I remember trying some indoril stuff in enchanting and it sucks.

Your best bets are shields, exquisite stuff, and ebony staves(90 points).

Shields:

Glasss(45 points)
Orcish Tower(90 points)
Deadric(150 points)
Ebony Tower(150)
Daedric Tower(225)

Other than shields, armor sucks for enchanting.