PDA

View Full Version : Vampires?

Crazy Joe
07-10-2002, 12:30 AM
Has anybody found any vampires yet, and if so, has anyone become a vampire yet?

I haven't had much time to play Morrowind yet, but i figured that would be one of the first things people would try to do.

Skarp
07-10-2002, 02:11 AM
I found some vampires today outside of the town Gnaar Mok? something like that.

jschelm
07-10-2002, 07:26 AM
I found some one day and actually let them almost kill me before running out of the cave and it still didn't turn me....oh well. maybe next time.

JJaX
07-10-2002, 07:51 AM
Waaay up north i found some ruins that had slaves and vampires all over. THese guys had Ebony armor and put up a good fight. BUt they never bit me.

Dre
07-10-2002, 08:21 AM
On the coast of Gnaar Mok there's an ancestral tomb with vampires in it...

I found it yesterday actually... scared the crap out of me until I realized what was going on

Yannie Boy
07-10-2002, 08:26 AM
yeah ive been to three tombs and i ended up killing the vamps cuz all they did was fight with weapons and i think you don't bite people with a weapon, right?

Crazy Joe
07-10-2002, 11:52 AM
they don't have to bite you, if you are fighting, their blood can get in a cut on you or something and you can catch it.

jschelm
07-10-2002, 11:55 AM
How do you know if you are infected?

Crazy Joe
07-10-2002, 11:59 AM
you'll know, your stats will change a lot, and your face will change, plus sunlight will kill you at a fairly quick rate.

jschelm
07-10-2002, 12:01 PM
how long does that take to happen? Is it immediate?

y2kash_14
07-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Is there a cure for when you turn into a Vamp?

Alec
07-10-2002, 11:04 PM
I may have some answers for you, i cruise around many differnt forums and in one the of the websites, a guy said once you contracted the disease, it should say you have contracted whatever. You should sleep for 55 hours and after that you are a full-fledged vampire

Haven't tried it myself though.

Tkf5000
07-10-2002, 11:18 PM
after 3 days you will have your first nightmare and u catch the disease. it depends on what vampire bites you you go to that bloodline. i have been a vamp for a long time. any questions ask me. in a old thread i took like 10 mins to sit there and typee everything out theres a lot of changes once u become a vampire.

monkeyman
07-11-2002, 12:50 AM
i was thinking about being a vamp then im thought i couldnt go out during the day is this true????

is so then i dont wanna be a vamp:(

CharlieHustle
07-11-2002, 08:00 AM
I only travel during the day, So i really hope i never end up being a vampire. How can u cure yourself? Is there a shrine that i have to goto?

Yannie Boy
07-11-2002, 08:50 AM
In the main quest you'll eventually become a vamp.(it's part of the story) In the quest you'll have to gather ingredients to make and bring it to a guy to make a potion, but you'll be half-way cured. youll still be a vamp but with all the benifits and now of the side affects. Plus if you find an other way to become cured besides the main quest, once you become cured you can't become a vamp again. And also if end up being bite and don't want to become a vamp you got 3 days to cure your self.

I know so much on being a vamp and im not a vamp yet. It's mindboggeling

Tkf5000
07-11-2002, 09:41 AM
sunlight does 5 damage per second. there is a shrine mentioned in vampires of vanderfell 2 which is very rare. it will cure vampirism. but you can only become a vampire one time each game. so once your cured, thats it your never going to be a vampire again.

SlightlySycho
07-11-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
In the main quest you'll eventually become a vamp.(it's part of the story) In the quest you'll have to gather ingredients to make and bring it to a guy to make a potion, but you'll be half-way cured. youll still be a vamp but with all the benifits and now of the side affects. Plus if you find an other way to become cured besides the main quest, once you become cured you can't become a vamp again. And also if end up being bite and don't want to become a vamp you got 3 days to cure your self.

I know so much on being a vamp and im not a vamp yet. It's mindboggeling Not quite. You'll eventually catch Corprus in the main quest. At that point, you go to Tel Fyr, who has a cure for the disease that leaves you with complete immunity to all diseases. You have to run an errand for him, during which point you meet Yagrum, the last living Dwarf.

Tkf5000
07-11-2002, 02:44 PM
yea i didnt think you become a vamp in the main quest. all i think you encounter in he main quest is ash vampires.

JJaX
07-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
yea i didnt think you become a vamp in the main quest. all i think you encounter in he main quest is ash vampires.

http://www.elifesize.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/262x.jpg
bADEET BADEET WHAT IN THE HELL DID YOU SAY?

THeres a difference?

Tkf5000
07-11-2002, 03:05 PM
i just said what i just said what did you say?

SlightlySycho
07-11-2002, 03:18 PM
Ash Vampires have a form of Corprus, I believe. The highest level of Corprus, according to the storyline. They're original members of the Sixth House. They look like wierd, grey, Tiki gods or something. Though, I do find them easier to kill than Ascended Sleepers.

Other Vampires are different. They look like regular player races, except they have white eyes and are paler. I've only seen one, but they don't even look like the Ash Vampires.

Yannie Boy
07-12-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Ash Vampires have a form of Corprus, I believe. The highest level of Corprus, according to the storyline. They're original members of the Sixth House. They look like wierd, grey, Tiki gods or something. Though, I do find them easier to kill than Ascended Sleepers.

Other Vampires are different. They look like regular player races, except they have white eyes and are paler. I've only seen one, but they don't even look like the Ash Vampires.

So what? I can become a vampire by being bite by an ash vampire?

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 09:51 AM
i dont think you can be a ash vampire but you can catch corpus. like he said ash vampires have a high level of corpus. do the main quest and you will find out more. i havent really started it i need to get the puzzle box thing but i could care less right now.

RudedogX
07-12-2002, 10:43 AM
I understand that you can all use vampire dust and mix a potion with just that to become a vampire.

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 10:46 AM
man dont ay that now everyone will become a vampire. i dont want everyone being vampires. i dont know many other people who are vampires, and i want it to stay like that.

Alien
07-12-2002, 10:46 AM
I don't think that would work. When you are bitten, you get a certain 'Vampire Bloodline'. It's the same Bloodline as the one who 'bit' you was in. So...potions...dust, I don't think it would work, simply because there is no Bloodline, unless the dust still has the Bloodline in it....but....yeah....

RudedogX
07-12-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
man dont ay that now everyone will become a vampire. i dont want everyone being vampires. i dont know many other people who are vampires, and i want it to stay like that.

lol...Sorry man, but I think Alien might have a point if it's true about the bloodlines. Though, I thought that you were able to choose your vampire house like you could choose your regular house.

Alien
07-12-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

lol...Sorry man, but I think Alien might have a point if it's true about the bloodlines. Though, I thought that you were able to choose your vampire house like you could choose your regular house. Nope, you have no choice. It's what Bloodline of Vampire bit you. It would be better to choose, but oh well.

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 10:54 AM
say u killed a Quarra. you get his dust, mix it with a potion, drink it, and you belong to Quarra.

RudedogX
07-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Well, I wonder what bloodline that vamp was that I killed in the mainquest then...I guess I'll find out tonight!

SlightlySycho
07-12-2002, 12:39 PM
Hmm, I don't think you could make the potion out of Vampire Dust would work. However, I cleared out the Quarra nest west of the Urishlaku camps earlier today. I found a potion called Blood of the Quarra Masters. The first two effects are Telekinesis and Chameleon but my Alchemy isn't high enough to determine the third effect. You could be able to drink that specific potion to catch Vampiracy.

Of course, chances are you'd probably get sick first reaching it.;)

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 07:05 PM
no i dont belive you will become a vampire from drinking it. well if you ever get bit hope your not a quarra because the hq is dead.

SlightlySycho
07-13-2002, 02:05 PM
Really? Wow. That proud and noble race sure got wiped out easilly.;)

Besides, I don't think I have to worry about catching vampirism. I'm pretty sure that the Corprus cure made me immune to it. If I could clear out there whole HQ without getting sick, then I doubt any Vampire would really pose a threat to me.

Tkf5000
07-13-2002, 02:28 PM
no vampirrism is very very hard to get. it is hard to get even if you try. my friend sat there fighting a vampire for about a hour using hand to hand so he wouldnt kill him. he didnt catch it. and he wiped out that whole ancaestral tomb plus 3 more i think. i got lucky (i wouldnt really call it lucky but...) and i got bit after about 10-15 mins.