PDA

View Full Version : Xbox controllers are ****ing me off

Tigerbob4
07-10-2002, 02:17 AM
I love Xbox!!! ALthough, i have found a flaw...the controllers...i love the model and i just got 2 controller S which i love. But anyway, when ever i bring my controllers to my friend's houses, i always just pull out the cord, and always forget the part that goes into the xbox, not only do i do this, but so do my friend's and my brother. Please explain this stupid i dea to me!!!

Bakeman
07-10-2002, 02:31 AM
that part is a quick release so if the cord is pulled.. you can't accidently yank the xbox off the shelf you have it on.....

A friend of mine did that with his PS2, I just laughed and said that doesn't happen with Xbox! hehehe

I suggest instead of pulling on the cord and not getting it all, just pull on the part that goes into the xbox and you won't have a problem with it..

Fixxer
07-10-2002, 02:51 AM
Tip = Less caffine and you won't pull your cord appart :p

VenoM
07-10-2002, 04:26 AM
bro..why the hell are you pulling on xbox cords anyways??...there so freaking long...how far are you sitting from your xbox? 1 mile away :confused: :confused: ive never had a problem with the cord...if your having a big problem with it just tape up the part which disconnects

cityson
07-10-2002, 04:35 AM
I know....I never seperate the inline release. You sure need to adjust your force when pulling the controller out.

UnitedKingdom
07-10-2002, 05:27 AM
I love the quick release cable on the controllers, its saved me from ragging the xbox off my desk many times. All my mates who've come to play on my xbox love it as well. One time a friend was walking out my room and pulled the cable at full stride, he made a valiant dive to save the xbox but instead just gave himself a massive carpet burn on his nose and chin, hahahahahah.

DrUnKtAnK
07-10-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Tigerbob4
I love Xbox!!! ALthough, i have found a flaw...the controllers...i love the model and i just got 2 controller S which i love. But anyway, when ever i bring my controllers to my friend's houses, i always just pull out the cord, and always forget the part that goes into the xbox, not only do i do this, but so do my friend's and my brother. Please explain this stupid i dea to me!!!

It's a great idea, has saved me several times with my 2 dogs wanting to jump rope with my controller cables....Remember just unplug the controllers from the XBOX and just don't pull the cord and leave....:)j/k

Nato King
07-10-2002, 11:03 AM
This happen to me last saturday night when I didn't have the other part to the controller me and 3 of my cousin's where going to play Halo over one of my cousin's house all day we were talking about it and how bad were going to kill each other the time came and I want over my cousin's house and everybody else was there and I took out my controller and I didn't have the other part I was so mad. We just played with three controllers and who every died the most gave up there controller.:)

Snapple
07-10-2002, 11:14 AM
well the advise i would give you is

1.dont tuge on the controller

2.dont sit far away

Spaztic
07-10-2002, 11:17 AM
I thank god for the wire release. I have to huge rots and they think that they can walk though anything! The release has saved my xbox numerious times!

Zion
07-10-2002, 11:42 AM

Dude, the quick release it NOT for disconnecting your controller from the Xbox, and it's MOST DEFINITELY NOT a FLAW!! Along with analog triggers, the quick disconnect is the best controller innovation ever in the history of gaming.

The quick disconnect is a safety device that keeps your Xbox safe if you trip over the cable. It also keeps you from breaking your skull open if you get tangled up in the cable.

This 'stupid idea' is the best idea to come along in a while. To unplug the controller from the Xbox, pull the plug out of the front of the Xbox like a normal person would do. Why is this even an issue??? :rolleyes:

Duke
07-10-2002, 11:54 AM
I agree. With 2 dogs and 8 housemates, my xbox would be a $300 paperweight without the quick releases.

Sometimes it does seem that they pull too easy, but that's better than not easy enough.

By the way, just wasting time till someone (hopefully) can help out w/ my morrowind problem in the RPG forum

CodeMonkey
07-10-2002, 12:06 PM

There’s a wireless controller coming out soon for the Xbox. Its third-party but it should sort your problem out. Or just got some other third-party controller that doesn’t have this feature.
But how can you not like this great idea from MS? I mean it not only saves your Xbox from falling, but at the same time pauses the game..
Oh well, MS cant please everyone

mticha_21
07-10-2002, 12:13 PM
the xbox is so freaking big how could that thing even fall

whoadae
07-10-2002, 12:30 PM
I would rather that then trip over the cord and trash the system onto the ground. It's for your xbox's safety, suck it up. I've never forgotten them. *slap. :)

Justin
07-10-2002, 06:46 PM
if you pull the coord out there anyway...the last piece still dangles from the Xbox..How exactly are you forgetting it? o_O;..

stang46
07-10-2002, 07:25 PM
My advice if you don't want them pulling apart is just to tape some electrical type around the joint. You never even notice it.