PDA

View Full Version : Halo Weapons

Reclaimer
07-10-2002, 02:52 AM
In Halo the human's technology has evolved to include cyborgs and giant spacecraft capable of hyperspace.

Yet in the year 2555 the shotgun and the sniper rifle seems to have gotten through the ages unchanged?

The shotgun (with very minor cosmetic changes) looks like the new Remington "Super 870" Riot Shot Gun that we use. With the folding stock extended of course. Though some on my squad think Master Chief is using an Ithaca Police 12

The sniper rifle is a Barret .50. Plain and simple. Though the game took the liberty of placing a computer thingie on top of the gun where our optic sight would be.

The Assualt Rifle doesn't look like anything we have now, but H&K has a few models coming out that are being tested for the military. Those resemble the Halo Assualt Rifle.

Anyone agree?

cityson
07-10-2002, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer 343
1) the sniper rifle seems to have gotten through the ages unchanged?

2) The shotgun (with very minor cosmetic changes) looks like the new Remington "Super 870" Riot Shot Gun that we use. With the folding stock extended of course. Though some on my squad think Master Chief is using an Ithaca Police 12

3) The Assualt Rifle doesn't look like anything we have now, but H&K has a few models coming out that are being tested for the military. Those resemble the Halo Assualt Rifle.

1) Not agree, cuz the sniper rifle in Halo has "Night Vision" which others do not have.

2) Totally agree. In fact, I think the shotgun looks a bit older...

3) Not agree, cuz the Assualt Rifle has a screen that shows the statis of the weapon....Like the amount of ammo, etc....

Reclaimer
07-10-2002, 05:15 AM
Well, I was lead to believe that the computer thingie on the sniper rifle was the device providing the night vision. Further more we do have night vision scopes for the Barret, but it doesn't look anything like that computer thing.

I forgot there was an Ammo counter / directional arrow on the Assualt Rifle. My bad. THe H&K model doesn't have that.
The Army has a test rifle that has a LCD screen that counts rounds and has a compass heading to it though. But I'm thinking about 2 different guns.

E Nomini Patri
07-10-2002, 11:51 AM
The computer thingy on the Sniper Rifle allows 10x zoom, and it also gives you the range and elevation of the target you're aiming at. ;)

lllSmokelll
07-13-2002, 07:20 PM
i like the needler

Sargent_Ryan
07-13-2002, 11:37 PM
I read somewhere where they explained this. It is because humans never found a different way to make weapons but they learned other things like space travel. I read it either in the instruction book or a site like bungie or hbo.

ALC
07-14-2002, 03:50 PM
yeah, much like the weapons in unreal tournament, the assault rifle has a digital ammo-meter thing. and above it is a cool little compass that actually works. Does the green oscilliscope thing on the sniper rifle have any significance? or the green dot thing next to it?