PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo to Release 'DOA 4' Next Year But Not For The Xbox!!!

faceoff508
07-10-2002, 09:59 AM
http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3422
--------
Junji Nakamura, President of Tecmo Ltd., confirmed today that the company plans to release the latest version of the DOA series next year. Tecmo hasn't decided which console the sequel will be designed for as it is still in early development, Nakamura said in an interview.

"It's too early to say which game console the game will be for," Nakamura said. "We are an independent game software developer, and we are not committed to one particular game-console maker."

Dead or Alive 3 is the best-selling Xbox game in Japan and has sold more than 1 million copies worldwide. Both Ninja Gaiden™ and DOA™ Xtreme Beach Volleyball -- the other upcoming games from Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of the Dead or Alive series -- are Xbox exclusives.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope DOA4 will be an xbox excluisive so it can help sales in Japan. Cause Japan likes these kinds of games. I just hope Tecmo is smart enough.

Dre
07-10-2002, 10:04 AM
The thread topic is quite misleading....

Anyways, as long as I get Ninja Gaiden from those guys I'll be happy :D

UnitedKingdom
07-10-2002, 10:04 AM
I don't really care about DOA4 anymore, I'm waiting for DOA™ Xtreme Beach Volleyball to come out. Oh yeah.

DrUnKtAnK
07-10-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3422
--------

"It's too early to say which game console the game will be for," Nakamura said. "We are an independent game software developer, and we are not committed to one particular game-console maker."

Tecmo is just leaving there options open. I don't think XBOX is got anything to worry about, worst case scenerio is that it will get ported to the PS2 after the better version is made for the XBOX. Just my 2 $'s

Snoopy7548
07-10-2002, 11:02 AM
i think theyre stupid to not put it on the xbox. i mean, in an interview, he said that to port doa3 to the ps2, he said that he would have to make major changes and it would look horrible, lol.

Spaztic
07-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Can't wait for this game....It would be sweet if it was a exclusive....oh yeah....change the title of this post!

Snapple
07-10-2002, 11:26 AM
i read in omx that doa4 could be a movie

faceoff508
07-10-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
i read in omx that doa4 could be a movie

You meand DOA 3!! Its going to come in 2003!!

Highlite23
07-10-2002, 06:05 PM
I'm with Drunktank, no need to pigion hole youreself this early in the game. Let them port it 6 months after it comes out for XBOX, and it will look just as bad as Wreckless.

Tecmo is smart enough to know that if the ports look awfull they ain't gonna sell.

I'm not worried.

cityson
07-10-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
it would look horrible on PS2, lol.

"Horrible" huh??? Like that word! ;) Best describes PS2.

dave_m123
07-10-2002, 06:29 PM
LOL it is a VERY misleading topic title :D

y2kash_14
07-10-2002, 10:13 PM
i hate that Title! It threw me completely off

ALC
07-13-2002, 05:21 PM
I'm honestly not worrying about it.. Temco has released ONE doa game already, and another is confirmed, as well as ninja gaiden.. I'm almost positive it'll be out on the xbox.

according to upcomingmovies.com DOA: The movie is shceduled to come out at the same time as the cross-platform DOA4 game..

but that was a while ago that I read that..

It's too early to say which game console the game will be for," Nakamura said. "We are an independent game software developer, and we are not committed to one particular game-console maker."

this has been posted at least a hundred times i'm guessing :rolleyes:
the way I look at it is, it's coming to the xbox, but they dont know what else yet ;)

i'm guessing PS2 and Xbox for the release.. it doesnt seem like the type of thing that would be on the gamecube :)

NomadLLama
07-15-2002, 12:46 AM
i think they said that they are not "sure" on what console that they are going to put it on because it would make them look bad and biased towards xbox. look, they already have Ninja Gaiden and xtreme beach volleyball on the way. if they said that it would be out on xbox, lots of people may complain. but just what i think. if it were me in the interview, i would say the exact same thing. im pretty sure itll be on the box tho

Snoopy7548
07-15-2002, 05:48 PM
yea, well, we were like promised gta3. but then all of a sudden, we hear that sony has like a 4 year contract with rockstar or whatever, so now we're not getting it. so i dont really care if people complain about doa4 goin to the xbox. those ps2 fans cant complain for sh*t cause they get like every game that comes out. lol

Evil_Dr_Beefy
07-17-2002, 12:49 PM
i really hope that the dead or alive series stays on the xbox....but with the playstation 2...temco might be able to sell more than just a million copies. I think it's a question of money or quailty...