PDA

View Full Version : Help, my xbox controller is acting weird!!

No Fear 23
07-10-2002, 01:56 PM
i dont know why its acting like that...

with the left joystick, when i go forward, somehow it throws a grenade.:( i didnt even touch the left trigger, im seriuos. Also when i press it to crouch down, sometimes it throws a grenade and when was trying to crouch, i moved left. whats up with that shiat??i dont know why, i didnt slam it on the floor or nething.

ne body has this problem. is there neway i can fix it.

and.. i bought it at best buy in like february. do u think i can take it back and get another one for free?? or go to eb and say that i got it as a gift from some friend and dont have a reciept or the case for the contorller.

help a brother out ya'll

whoadae
07-10-2002, 02:11 PM
buy one from walmart. Exchange them and return the bad one. That's what I do when my controllers start to wear out.

Kooster
07-10-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by whoadae
buy one from walmart. Exchange them and return the bad one. That's what I do when my controllers start to wear out. thats a good idea. my controller does that too, but i think it is because it is extremely sensitive. in gunvalkyrie, i would all of the sudden start jumping for no reason. i realized that i was slightly hitting the left trigger.

Casper
07-10-2002, 02:21 PM
What kind of controller is it? Cuz I have one, I can't remember the name off hand, but it's not a M$ one, and it did almost the same exact thing. I can't play Halo with it anymore cuz it just tweaked the game out. Also, try cleaning out the USB port for the controller, maybe blow some air out...try that man and I hope it works. :)

Kooster
07-10-2002, 02:30 PM
my controller was the MS one that came w/ my xbox.

Snapple
07-10-2002, 02:34 PM
somethin like that happend to me in spider-man i wasnt movie and he starded movieing forward?????????

but all i can say is get your xbox stuff from eb

Kooster
07-10-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
somethin like that happend to me in spider-man i wasnt movie and he starded movieing forward?????????

but all i can say is get your xbox stuff from eb that might have been because ur joystick was pointed forward when u turned on ur xbox. when u turn on ur xbox, the joysticks should be centered.

SpIdeRmAn2099
07-10-2002, 03:23 PM
Good thing nothing happens to my XBOX or my controllers

CodeMonkey
07-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Do you plug your controller in before you switch your Xbox on? If so make sure you don’t press any buttons. Because I know it recalibrates your controller every time you switch it on…….

hope it helps

:D

Tigerbob4
07-11-2002, 04:32 PM
I had 2 MS ccontrollers that were both screwed up and i called so many stores and if i bught a knew one and tried to return it, they would only exchange it. Then i called Circuit City. You can return anything within 30 days and get the money back how you paid for it. So i bought two controllers, adn returned the two bad ones. I got two brand new controllers for free. Circuit City is the only store i could find that would do this. I hope this helps!!!:D

No Fear 23
07-11-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Tigerbob4
I had 2 MS ccontrollers that were both screwed up and i called so many stores and if i bught a knew one and tried to return it, they would only exchange it. Then i called Circuit City. You can return anything within 30 days and get the money back how you paid for it. So i bought two controllers, adn returned the two bad ones. I got two brand new controllers for free. Circuit City is the only store i could find that would do this. I hope this helps!!!:D

mmm. not bad, i may do that.

they rest of u, thanks for helping me out!:)