PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive 4!! to be on PS2??

wweomaniac
07-10-2002, 01:59 PM
07/09 21:01
Tecmo to Release `Dead or Alive 4' Next Year, President Says
By Hiroshi Suzuki and Yoshifumi Takemoto

Tokyo, July 10 (Bloomberg) -- Tecmo Ltd., maker of the best- selling ``Dead or Alive'' series of video software, plans to release the latest version of the action game next year.

The new game will be a sequel to ``Dead or Alive 3,'' the martial arts fighting game released exclusively for Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox game console. Tecmo hasn't decided which console the sequel will be designed for as it is still in early development, President Junji Nakamura said in an interview.

``Dead or Alive 3'' is the best-selling Xbox game in Japan and has sold more than 1 million copies worldwide, a level regarded as a blockbuster in the video-game industry. The company supplied ``Dead or Alive 2'' for Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 2, and switched to Xbox because of that machine's better graphics.

``It's too early to say which game console the game will be for,'' Nakamura said. ``We are an independent game software developer, and we are not committed to one particular game-console maker.''

Sony's PlayStation 2 dominates the $20 billion industry with more than 30 million sales. Microsoft and its Xbox are now competing against Nintendo Co.'s GameCube console for bragging rights as the world's second-largest video-game maker.

Microsoft planned to sell as many as 4 million Xbox consoles worldwide by the end of last month. Nintendo planned to sell 12 million GameCubes in the year ending March.

Source: http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitle=Technology%20News&s1=blk&tp=ad_topright_tech&T=markets_box.ht&s2=ad_right1_technology&bt=ad_position1_technology&box=ad_box_all&tag=technology&middle=ad_frame2_technology&s=APSuHUxSBVGVjbW8g

faceoff508
07-10-2002, 02:07 PM
I ALREADY POSTED THIS!!! Search before you put a thread.

http://www.manifestation.org/~ill/images/funny/timeline.gif

The Source
07-10-2002, 02:09 PM
You know, if you actually read your own stuff that you write, you would see that in this article it says absolutely nothing about the game being realease on the Playstation 2. So you might want to read stuff before you post false information.

Snoopy7548
07-10-2002, 02:34 PM
they'll probly just release it on the xbox and ps2.

Jon27
07-12-2002, 10:19 AM
i hope it does comeout of PS2 just so the stupid fanboys can start crying because the ps boobies dont bounce.

stupid fanboys

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 10:35 AM
it wouldnt sell good on ps2. with tekken and virtua fighter and like 5 hundred other games who will notice one game that has like no rep on ps2. soon everyone will be buying teken 4 and gta vicecity and the getaway and all their other games.

Knight
07-12-2002, 12:00 PM
It will look like pure crap on the ps2, remmber DOA3 would have to be downgraded for ps2!!

Babybro1984
07-12-2002, 04:05 PM
Why would they put DOA4 on PS2 when it would look worse than DOA3 for xbox? That wouldn't make much sense to me. And remember, Itagaki is the manager of the DOA series, not this guy. He has the final say. Also, remember the same ruckus happened with Ninja Gaiden and DOA volleyball. Why would they make DOA volleyball for xbox but not DOA4?

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Babybro1984
Why would they put DOA4 on PS2 when it would look worse than DOA3 for xbox? That wouldn't make much sense to me. And remember, Itagaki is the manager of the DOA series, not this guy. He has the final say. Also, remember the same ruckus happened with Ninja Gaiden and DOA volleyball. Why would they make DOA volleyball for xbox but not DOA4?
exactly. why would they have volleyball and gaiden but not doa4. wouldnt make any sense. we would never see the characters of volleyball actually get to go to doa4 without being scammed by zack. we would never see hayabusa finish his quest for whatever he wants (i forget what he wants). and what good would it do ps2 without doa3? they wouldnt know anything about anything.

y2kash_14
07-13-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
I ALREADY POSTED THIS!!! Search before you put a thread.

yes and they BOTH have bad, misleading SUBJECTS