PDA

View Full Version : what the? xSNES9x??

Scarlet Spider
07-10-2002, 05:15 PM
ok first let me ask what is xSNES9x??
second, i found this at xboxhacker.net:
xSnes9x - Icy2k @ 12:58 CST
Well i though soemone else reported it but i guess not, anyways its seems that a port of snes9x has begain, along with a alpha of the program being rls. No dount there are server things to be fixed, then agian what do you expect from a alpha =P
i may put up a ss later depends on what SiliconIce thinks about it.
Then they said they had some screen shots, and these are it:
http://www.xboxhacker.net/images/news/SNES9X_SS1.JPG http://www.xboxhacker.net/images/news/SNES9X_SS2.JPG
Now, paint me red and call me stupid, but i know i got the background for my sig here at XBA in the wall paper forum, and with paintshop, or anything, anyone, can make that top one, i dont think its screen shot of anything.

GokuX
07-10-2002, 05:22 PM
As with anything related to emulating/hacking, I don't believe it until it's actually running on my computer or console.

Plewis
07-10-2002, 05:31 PM
yeah but you gotta expect people to steal other peoples stuff. It always happens, and about the hacking part... that looks like ChronoTrigger to me. So they are putting an SNES emulator on the xbox?:confused:

Skarp
07-10-2002, 05:36 PM
Nah thats not chrono trigger....

Maybe Illusion of Gaia?

Tkf5000
07-10-2002, 05:42 PM
first of all its final fantsy 5 i belive it is. i know its a ff game. second of all snes9x is a snes emulator which i used to have so i know. as for the first screen i dont really know what it is so i cant help you there. but the second screen is the opening to a ff game.

Magnum Blast
07-10-2002, 05:53 PM
Yeah that is FF5. I remember that from right at the start. SNES9x usually uses FF5 to show off thier emulater. I guess because it was never released stateside on the SNES.

JJaX
07-11-2002, 09:20 AM
Yep thats FF5, The dragon goes "Murrrrrrr!"

And porting a SNES emulator to Xbox isnt something you should think of as "fake".
I have a snes Emulator on my DC already, emulation is very real.

Spaztic
07-11-2002, 09:48 AM
emulation on the xbox is very real, the programs are allready out and ready to play! Have done it myself, very cool!

Crazy Joe
07-11-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Yep thats FF5, The dragon goes "Murrrrrrr!"

And porting a SNES emulator to Xbox isnt something you should think of as "fake".
I have a snes Emulator on my DC already, emulation is very real.

it's not that, it's the fact that the first "screenshot" is actually a wallpaper that was submitted to the XBA wallpaper contest a while back, go to the contests page and you can see it, it's the exact same thing. It is kind of suspect.

JJaX
07-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Well as far as i know, Everything that Silcon Reports from xboxhacker.net is no Bull. And if turns out to be Bull, He will do a follow up on it.