PDA

View Full Version : Football Game Quarrels

Select50
10-24-2001, 09:05 PM
I've been stayed awake many a night pondering what football game i'm gonna get for my X-box. (not really but.. almost) NFL 2k2, Madden 2002, or NFL fever 2002, i've played madden 2002 for PS2 and it's really nice, game play is pretty realistic.. no more Keyshawn Johnson 99 yards reaching over 3 DB's. I've done my homework.. but i still cant decide.. please help me out.

SquirrelJam
10-24-2001, 09:54 PM
I'm in the same boat as you but here's a feature that may decide it for me.

In the PC/MAC versions of Madden, there is a "Practice" section where you can create plays, then run them in a scrimage at your local team practice stadium. You can alter plays in the playbooks and see run routes on the field and then adjust them 'till you get the kinks worked out. You can run the same play over and over.

This feature allows you to really learn the "X's and O's" of plays and master them. This is incredibly fun to do as well. This really opens up the game for me and I have spent afternoons creating plays and running them over and over. This also helps out in mastering the rest of the plays in the playbook. You just can't help but get better naturally because of it. It's almost magical.

This "practice/play creation" feature is alone, worth the price of the title and if Madden'sNFL2002 for xbox offers this, then this is a no-brainer.

I really want Fever to be the best. I like the reviews but I can't deny the aforementioned feature in Madden's.

Good luck and let us know if you come across something unique that other football titles don't offer. This may be what decides it for you.

Later

P.S. I almost forgot. In Madden's "practice" section, you run your created plays against any type of "defense" of your choosing and see what defense is the most damaging to you. When you see this defense on the field, in real time, you can alter your play (because you planned in case you came against it) or call an audible). Awesome, when you think about it.

ThomasHun
10-25-2001, 07:29 AM
I pick madden its tried and true and oh yeah go Steelers woooooooo:cool:

scarecrow kfj
10-25-2001, 10:50 AM
I think Madden is coming to its end. Most people are getting tired of the same ol comentary where fever has fox sports casters on there. Both offer great graphics but I think fever has madden beat. I know alot of madden fans but they are getting tired of madden too.

l Maximus l
10-25-2001, 12:14 PM
Personally, I hate hearing Madden's voice! But, that's just me and years of playing Madden football! Great games, but, man, I could sleep better not having to hear that dude's voice anymore!

I chose NFL Fever 2002...the game looks tight! It's getting great reviews and I think I am ready for a pleasant change...besides, Fox Sportscasters rock! They tell it how it is ;) I doubt I will be disappointed!

-Max