PDA

View Full Version : Price on head glitch?

Alec
07-10-2002, 11:01 PM
This might have already been said but if you have a huge price on your head and you cant even afford to pay half at the thieves guild here is a simple solution. All you need is one gold, tell the guy you want to get rid of the price on your head and he will say it will cost half of what you owe. But you see you can pay it off with just one piece of gold. :)

I think that is a glitch.

Calve
07-10-2002, 11:14 PM
hey man...

i dont think they let imperials in the thieves guild..... ive tried to get in so hard but all they say is "we have our standards imperial, and u do not meet them" do u know about this??? could u help me out???

THX

Peace

Skarp
07-10-2002, 11:16 PM
doesn't sound good to me....

Alec
07-10-2002, 11:20 PM
Never tried imperial, but every other race does fine.

Calve
07-10-2002, 11:21 PM
me not being able to join the thieves guild has been ****ing me off for a while cuz i cant do anything when i have a bounty on my head :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ****!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Alien
07-10-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Calve
hey man...

i dont think they let imperials in the thieves guild..... ive tried to get in so hard but all they say is "we have our standards imperial, and u do not meet them" do u know about this??? could u help me out???

THX

Peace Your skills aren't high enough to join them.

Calve
07-10-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Alien
Your skills aren't high enough to join them.

what level do you have to be????

Peace

Alien
07-10-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Calve

what level do you have to be????

Peace It doesn't matter the level. Each guild has "Favored Skills". I think you have to be so good in each of those skills to join.

JJaX
07-11-2002, 09:07 AM
I cannot join the theives either........
I think its because of the Deatrh warrant on my head. My bounty is 0 and im level 24 and my skills far exceed what they need. They just wont let me join them..............

Cowards..........
Ill kill them all very soon........

Duke
07-11-2002, 10:08 AM
Not really sure what the problem is. On my first game, I was probably around lvl 20 when i tried to join the thieves guild, and I got the same "standards" message. (BTW was an Imperial)

This game, same race, joined at lvl 1. Not really sure what to tell you, but I know they look at you Security and Sneak skill level (and probably others) so if you really want to join, go pick some locks and lurk around a lot.

JJaX
07-11-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Not really sure what the problem is. On my first game, I was probably around lvl 20 when i tried to join the thieves guild, and I got the same "standards" message. (BTW was an Imperial)

This game, same race, joined at lvl 1. Not really sure what to tell you, but I know they look at you Security and Sneak skill level (and probably others) so if you really want to join, go pick some locks and lurk around a lot.

i beleive the 5 skills they look into are.........

sneak
security
shortblade
athletics
acrobatics

Which all my mine are above 30 being im at level 24. And i still cant join.

And im pretty sure the minimum requirments is 1 skill at 30 2 at 20. Will power at 30 and something else at 30. My skills are far beyond what they need, So im assuming its because of the death warrant on my head.

There were also rumors going around that if you join the fighters 1st the theives wont let you join. Thats BS, cause i had a friend of mine join the theives after the fighters.........

Duke
07-11-2002, 10:58 AM
I had been in the Fighters Guild for awhile when it wouldn't let me join. I can't remember If I had a price on my head or not though.

Could have been about the time I was killing all the Commona Tong over in their bar though. And the law was a big pain in the a s s till I got back to the fort.

*edit: I know that there is one mission in particular that makes the Theives guild angry. (I think it's when you kill Dura gro-bal)

After you upset them and you're a member, there's a different group of folks to go talk to. Maybe it's the same for non-members. I have no idea. Anyway, give it a try and let me know. I could probably find the people to talk to and post it if you need it.

Calve
07-11-2002, 01:41 PM
i tried to join the thieves guild in a couple other cities too but the standards message came up again and i am also good enough to join...:mad:

Peace

Alien
07-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Here's away to kill shopkeepers without getting a Price on Your Head. Make a constant affect enchanted shirt or something, that does Drain Health on Self. Then, sell it to a shopkeeper. They equip everything you sell them right? So then their health would slowly drain...

This would work right? I haven't tried it.

JJaX
07-11-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Alien
Here's away to kill shopkeepers without getting a Price on Your Head. Make a constant affect enchanted shirt or something, that does Drain Health on Self. Then, sell it to a shopkeeper. They equip everything you sell them right? So then their health would slowly drain...

This would work right? I haven't tried it.

They dont put on everything you sell them.......So i dont know if it would work........

Alien
07-11-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

They dont put on everything you sell them.......So i dont know if it would work........ They do shirts and stuff...so if you enchant the shirt, it could work. I'm too lazy and broke to go try for myself lol.

Calve
07-11-2002, 02:02 PM
that would be sweet!!!

Peace

RudedogX
07-11-2002, 03:10 PM
I'm the neravarine, and I still don't meet their standards! D@mn thieves! I think it's time to slaughter the lot of them!

Master Gracey
07-12-2002, 11:45 AM
I'm gonna have to try that death item thing!

Since I'm a Khajiit, I can't wear boots. They're totally useless. People who buy your items usually put on the stuff that's really rare and expensive. So... I'm going to put a drain health spell on my glass boots and try selling them off. :D