PDA

View Full Version : newbie question...

Xinc
10-25-2001, 08:26 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a self admitted hardcore gamer, and play all systems, no matter what brand... gaming is just that, to play games.

Anywho... now on with my newbie question about the xbox... I have done a search to read up on some info, but still not quite clear as to what the answer really is.

Are there any regional lockouts on the games??

I'm not worried about DVDs because I watch my DVDs on both a super expensive DVD/SACD system, along with a (cheapo but works great!!!) all region DVD/VCD player that I picked up from Hong Kong, it even plays the discs that have RCE (regional code enhancement) discs. heh heh heh not bad for less than $200 US anyways that's beside the point.

Do any of your gaming guru's have any insight into this issue about region coded games, or there the lack of?

Thanks, and it's great to know there is such a great group of hardcore xbox enthusiasts. :D

sinizuh
10-25-2001, 09:15 AM
well, i see you live in canada, so it shouldn't matter cause all of the good games will come to North America first... you only have to worry about it when xbox launchs in Japan (feb 22)

scarecrow kfj
10-25-2001, 10:33 AM
I know you said you have a dvd player but there are some games that will require the dvd playback kit. They arnt that expencive though.

l Maximus l
10-25-2001, 11:11 AM
Scarecrow...Yeah, I saw that, too...but, I only noticed two games that required the DVD playback.

scarecrow kfj
10-25-2001, 11:18 AM
Yeah I dont think there will be to many listed at launch. I wouldnt be suprised by early to mid summer to see more titles using it. But than again they might not. The place I baught mine from is throwing in the dvd kit for free.