PDA

View Full Version : **New** SW:KOTOR Preview

DrUnKtAnK
07-11-2002, 02:54 PM
http://www.ferrago.co.uk/story/370

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Players start out by building their character to spec, and then set out on the adventure which will mold and shape said character based on deeds and actions. The player sets the beginning skill points and combat feats, but different skills and abilities are added as the game progresses. BioWare has mentioned that quite a lot of painstaking detail has been presented in the game, and players will even be able to construct their character's lightsaber (which is a fundemental skill of any padawan), instead of just picking one up "weapon-up" style. The clothing and armaments of said characters will appear on their model no matter how you choose to dress them, and their appearance will affect how you are perceived by others. Even the most philanthropic Jedi will not be trusted if he walks through an environment wearing a black cloak, etc.

Speaking of environments, KOTOR will offer a universe spanning ten different worlds, which includes familiar favorites as well as completely new ones. Expect to travel to such places as Tatooine, the Sith world of Korriban, the Jedi Academy on Dantooine and the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk. The player's home will be the Ebon Hawk, a familiar-looking predeccessor to a certain famous Corellian smuggler's "fastest hunk-o'-junk" in the galaxy. Players will be able to "live" inside the ship, interact with others, and even fly her about during certain challenges. Think of the Ebon Hawk as the "100 gil" per night Inn that you take with you everywhere you go (for purposes of explaining its role within this massive RPG). It can also act as a storage depot for the extra items you or your Wookie are finding a little too cumbersome to lug around.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out this site also:

http://www.starwarsknights.com/

Tkf5000
07-11-2002, 03:01 PM
cool. i didnt know that they had a site up for it. tnx.

Kooster
07-11-2002, 04:19 PM
i really want this game. it looks soooo cool. i cant wait for it. :D

MOrgE
07-12-2002, 08:40 AM
i wonder if they let you choose a multicolour light saber.....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Dre
07-12-2002, 08:46 AM
Posted this in the RPG forum yesterday.. you know... where its supposed to be :D

Can't wait for this game, it looks really freakin sweet! I love the fact that everything is going to be voice-acted.. going to be totally immersive!

Dre
07-12-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by MOrgE
i wonder if they let you choose a multicolour light saber.....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

You can make your own lightsaber.

MOrgE
07-12-2002, 09:10 AM
thats what i meant to say... i guess i should've used the word "make" instead of "choose"....

:D

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 09:41 AM
yea you can make your own. but didnt u mean multicolor like blue and green and red all together in one saber?

MOrgE
07-12-2002, 10:00 AM
uh huh... the more colours, the better!! :)

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 10:12 AM
thatd be weird, walking around with a lightsaber that looks like one of those firecracker popsicles.