PDA

View Full Version : another point about xbox

eman
10-25-2001, 09:43 AM
Who do you think will benefit from a spiked intergrated
Broadband adapter should the monument arise one stormy
Nite.and how will you replace that, buy a new xbox or send
Your precious xbox via mail to some kid with a soldering iron
That does mods for the ps2.perhaps something to think about.

Old Sckool
10-25-2001, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by eman
Who do you think will benefit from a spiked intergrated
Broadband adapter should the monument arise one stormy
Nite.and how will you replace that, buy a new xbox or send
Your precious xbox via mail to some kid with a soldering iron
That does mods for the ps2.perhaps something to think about.

Why will that effect the Xbox you know there’s a modem before the Xbox (that would get done in), and come on if a storm is going to do that much damage down a Cable line the AC power will spike as well, so even your beloved PS2 would have to ship off to be fixed.

scarecrow kfj
10-25-2001, 10:17 AM
Regardless everyone I know plugs almost everythin in a surge protector. And for the older gamers renters insurance. boom no more worries

l Maximus l
10-25-2001, 12:17 PM
Hell yeah, Scarecrow...I definately use a surge protector...I'm glad you pointed that out...perhaps no one else thought about that :)

-Max

scarecrow kfj
10-25-2001, 12:27 PM
Thank you max. I cant wait to have the s video in my wega and the dig cord in my dig stero on surround..... mmm 21 more days...

Pimpn419
10-25-2001, 12:33 PM
Man.. I'd really like to have surround sound =(.... how much did some of you guys pay for all your equitment? Also, I've never heard of a surge protector.. how much Is It, where can I find one, and what's all the benifits does It have?

-Matt

scarecrow kfj
10-25-2001, 01:03 PM
A surge protector costs about 10 - 30 most are 10-20. Its a srtip of outlits with a switch that lights up. If there is a power surge a circut breaker inside will stop it. It is a must have.

As far as my set up I spent 1500 on a yahmaha stero system 100 on my tv 300 on dvd than all my game systems which are now sold. Next summer I am hoping to get an HDTV but not sure yet.

Oh yeah you can get a surge protector at hardware stores electronic stores walmart kmart and so on.

l Maximus l
10-25-2001, 01:05 PM
Pimpn...it's simply a power strip that has a surge protector on it. If the power goes out or if there is a problem with the power, it will shut off anything that is plugged into it without damaging the equipment. A fuse will take the beating instead. Depending on where you live, you can pick one up at any Electronics store...Fred Meyer Home Electronics, Walmart's Electronics section, Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc...

I have a nice 36" Toshiba TV screening my game shots! I don't have surround sound as of yet...though, I plan on it in a month or so. Your set up sounds tight, Scarecrow! I saw a bad ass Sony Surround Sound system for about $500 bucks (it included the Amplifier, too!). I also understand that XBox has one for $150, too. Kind of interesting :) I imagine that you would need an Amplifier, though, to run them.

Pimpn419
10-25-2001, 01:13 PM
Thanks a lot guys! After reading your posts I know what a surge protector Is now and I've got a couple lying around the house. Yeah, sounds like you have a really nice sound system Scarecrow... I myself am also planning on investing into a sound system here fairly soon. Thanks for the info....

-Matt

scarecrow kfj
10-25-2001, 01:38 PM
Yeah my stereo is my pride and joy. I got a good deal on it when I baught it. I cant turn it up past three though cause than it gets a little too loud.

I think xboxs surround will be like a comps. good but not all that. Sony has some good ones out there two. *Hint* if going for dig surround make sure it does not say dig ready. If it does it is not fully dig.

xboxlover
10-25-2001, 01:46 PM
Eman is a fanboy loser who can't admit xbox rulez ps2' azz.

Old Sckool
10-25-2001, 01:59 PM
**** some of you have some good setups there, Hell why not this is what i got.

JBL 5.1 Digital surround DTS/DB (not really top of the line but it does the job).
Epson EMP 810 2000 ANSI lumens, true XGA (1024 x 768) projector

Oh yea and a big a** wall to project on. Screen size is around 7 foot long, 4 player split screens are amazing on it! :p all setup in my back room, home cinema you got to love it. But you got to love a home cinema with a Dreamcast set up on it, just that little bit more. :D :D :D

scarecrow kfj
10-25-2001, 02:08 PM
How are games on projectors? My friend works for hp and we were going to get one from there for sun football. I actually never thought of the ebox on there. ohh boy now I really cant wait.

Twolf77
10-25-2001, 02:37 PM
am i just wanted to point out that a surge protecter dose not protect angst lighting you power from light is to strong and will jump the it, but what a stuped point if you are not going to buy somthing because it may get hit by lighting why even come out of your house just sat inside with you candle and caned bean and you will be self :rolleyes: . HERE IS WHAT YOU DO eman IF THERE IS A STORM UNPLUG THE ****ING CABLE ! YOU DUMB ****!