PDA

View Full Version : The official "the sky is falling" thread.

yall
07-12-2002, 03:04 PM
In light of many recent posts regarding things like "the ps2 having a faster processor", "xbox games all suck none are good", "japanese medical institute study shows green and black colored consoles cause cancer"... etc, I have decided to make a thread where all of the doom and gloomers can post their drivel and congregate to hang their heads in shame, and second guess the purchase of the xbox. Now the rest of us may feel free to cruise the rest of the forums without having to run across another "ps2 corrects vision to 20/20 while xbox causes blindness" or "pc release of halo means no more good games for xbox EVER!" types of posts. Thanks.

Dre
07-12-2002, 03:07 PM
My Xbox stole my car keys and then burnt my house down. Don't buy Xbox if you don't want your house to burn down!

I've also heard that if too many people buy Xbox's that the earth's climate will change and global warming will happen sooner than expected! Keep the environment friendly!

Oh ya, and last but not least... there are subliminal messages in Xbox games that tell you to go out and buy games from MS! Warning! Be careful!!

lol

tennyson
07-12-2002, 03:10 PM
Yall,

It's good to see a fellow Buffalonian on these boards. Are you from the metro area, or the surrounding areas? I agree with the negative comments and exaggerated remarks, but don't let it get to you. In the end, it all comes down to whether you have fun playing the console or not. The hype for or against any specific console is useless.

yall
07-12-2002, 03:12 PM
From Depew my brutha! I don't let it get to me. Its just fun to rattle peoples cages! Since you are from buffalo, you probably know where I picked up the "doom and gloom" line.

tennyson
07-12-2002, 03:14 PM
Doom and gloom is right... Anyway, I'm from West Seneca. Hopefully someone picks Adelphia off of it's ass or we won't have ANY chance of getting XBox Live!

By the way, is that quote in your sig a Primus quote from 'Pork Soda'? I used to love that album!

Skarp
07-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Adelphia is going bankrupt....I hope you know this

tennyson
07-12-2002, 03:38 PM
I'm not really sure how I should take that AloneInTheDark, but........thanks! :)

Skarp, they're already bankrupt, at least in this area. There are rumors of how the company will get out of debt, but I was more interested with the next cable giant that will move into the area in Adelphia's wake. Believe me, in this area Adelphia is all we've been hearing about in the news.

yall
07-12-2002, 03:40 PM
even though adelphuckup is going bankrupt, we probably wont lose service. they will file chapter 11 (i think its 11) which allows continued operation but protection from creditors.

Snoopy7548
07-12-2002, 03:45 PM
my xbox is g@y:(

DIGITAL
07-12-2002, 04:19 PM
my xbox lets me enter the construct with out eating a red pill:)

chili325
07-12-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
When our company went down the drain we got COX...theyr good
I LIVE IN RHODE ISLAND 2!!!GOD DAMN, ur the first person ive seen from our tiny little state. Where do u live, im in EG.

mahalan
07-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Back to the original topic of this thread:

I know that I really regret the hundreds of enjoyable hours that I've already spent playing my Xbox. I can't imagine how horrible my life will be for the next three years playing all of the immersive games with phenomenal graphics and sounds. Think about how much more time I'd have spent with my wife or out doing yardwork if I only had a PS2 or Gamecube.

Tkf5000
07-12-2002, 07:41 PM
just think if you get a ps2 you could sit there all day and stare at a screen that says loading for 12 hours then u play for 3 minutes and it loads for another 12 hours. and if you bought a gamecube you could play little games with little pink things in it that dont do anything but hug and say "i love you". buy gamecube if you want crappy little kiddy games and buy ps2 if you want to enounter a bunch of technical problems and crappy graphics.

smack119
07-12-2002, 09:47 PM
hey guys i live in buffalo 9 months out of the year :). i go to UB, so i know that i'll have my connection ready when xbox live hits.