PDA

View Full Version : XBox Extended Warranty.

wweomaniac
07-13-2002, 09:38 AM
Yeah, the guy at xbox technical support on the phone said that it would cost me $148 CDN +shipping tofix my xbox. I thought that was crazy and didn't accept it.

I thought that they gave youone year warranty, buy appearantly, it was only 3 months. I think Future Shop only gave me one month.

Anyways... Do you know if you can buy extended warranty even though you've had your xbox for more then three months?
Do you know if you can buy extended warranty even though you've had your xbox for more then three months?
Do you know if you can buy extended warranty even though you've had your xbox for more then three months?

Dr X
07-13-2002, 09:46 AM
I bought mine from an electrical shop called Currys.
And i have 1 year fromthe date on the receipt.
As long as i've gotthat receipt i'm covered.:D

thebruce
07-13-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Dr X
I bought mine from an electrical shop called Currys.
And i have 1 year fromthe date on the receipt.
As long as i've gotthat receipt i'm covered.:D

Does that apply to most shops in the UK, or did you buy an extended warranty from them?

Dr X
07-13-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by thebruce

Does that apply to most shops in the UK, or did you buy an extended warranty from them?

Yes, if you keep your receipt you have i year form the date of purchase.

wweomaniac
07-13-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Dr X

Yes, if you keep your receipt you have i year form the date of purchase. I think I'll call my future shop and ask how long their warranty on the system is.

But does anyone know aboot extended warranty. How much time after I've purchased my xbox do I have to purchase X warranty?

whoadae
07-13-2002, 03:14 PM
buy one, exchange the serial number tag with a heat gun. Return the broken one and let the store worry about it.

wweomaniac
07-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by whoadae
buy one, exchange the serial number tag with a heat gun. Return the broken one and let the store worry about it. lol... I was thinking aboot that! All last night was thinking aboot buying one of those steamer deallys and steaming the serial number off and replacing it with a new xbox. What's a heater gun?

Gimpy Mcgee
07-13-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
I think I'll call my future shop and ask how long their warranty on the system is.

But does anyone know aboot extended warranty. How much time after I've purchased my xbox do I have to purchase X warranty?

If you are reffering too the 2 year warrenty that MS offers for the Xbox, you have to buy it within 10 days of the purchase.

Young_Fledgling
07-13-2002, 07:39 PM
that bites... i wish u could get the warranty whenever... cuz now it is to late for me :(

wweomaniac
07-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Gimpy Mcgee

If you are reffering too the 2 year warrenty that MS offers for the Xbox, you have to buy it within 10 days of the purchase. Thanks for the info... I'm sorta sad. though my xbox still works, it scratches my discs... i don't know what to do.

bbchs_trash
07-14-2002, 06:22 PM
No you don't. Unless I am the only person on the planet that Bill Gates really truley loves, you can buy your Extended Warranty after the three month wears out...

I called within the three months to get mine fixed. Only 1 month after the warranty ran out they told me I needed to buy the extended. I bought, and now there are too many good games coming out to ship it off...

I figure when I buy a PS2 I will ship it off...