PDA

View Full Version : Picture of the Xbox overheating!...

JerichoCane
10-25-2001, 08:00 PM
I was in my local Target today and I noticed the Xbox kiosk acting strangely, so I immediately grabbed a camera, bought it and took a picture of the kiosk... take a look!

:eek:

JerichoCane
10-25-2001, 08:04 PM
THis is for real!

:D

RPGr
10-25-2001, 08:04 PM
Yep....That's where this post belongs. ;)

Plasticman
10-25-2001, 08:05 PM
Xbox has a huge fan to prevent anything near heating. PS 2 on the other hand, does have problems with prolonged playing.

JerichoCane
10-25-2001, 09:09 PM
The Xbox in the Target that I work for did overheat and doesn't work anymore. I think it's happened a few other places as well, which is baffeling because the Xbox has so much heat protection.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

SquirrelJam
10-25-2001, 09:12 PM
Hahaha. Look at them PS2 fanboys scramble. Exposed for who they are, desperately seeking to discredit the mighty xbox at every turn. It shows how weak and fragile their ego's must be.

TROLL ON, troll on... with every act of subterfuge you undertake, you just re-affirm your fears of xbox greatness. I laugh at you :D

JerichoCane
10-25-2001, 09:29 PM
Why do you assume I'm a PS2 fanboy? I hate the PS2 and I'm not excited about the GameCube, but I will buy an Xbox and it will be awesome. I was simply making a joke, because several Xbox kiosks have overheated and broken.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

l Maximus l
10-26-2001, 12:42 PM
Dude...not funny. If anything, the people who put together those Kiosks probably didn't know how to hook such a masterpeice up...or a bunch of PS2 fanboys tampered with them.

Jericho...what you are hearing are a bunch of rumors which are full of nonsense. If PS2ers are truly gamers, why aren't they home playing their *precious* vids instead of coming on the internet, and being away from their games, to come on and bash the XBox?

If you think about it, any high-profile anything will be bashed! Look at the President of the United States! He's doing a kick ass job with this war and yet there are those who bash him. It's only expected about the XBox since it's the highest in all categories when it comes to the ultimate in game-playing :D

-Max

scarecrow kfj
10-26-2001, 01:00 PM
well basicly whats in the stores now dosnt matter they arnt the same as the ones we will get the 15th. its like comparing beta to vhs (vcrs for those to young to know) or like a demo to an actual game. And I have seen plenty of P2 out there not working at store displays still to this day

JerichoCane
10-26-2001, 01:30 PM
Let me explain to you once more, Maximus. If you had bothered to read any of the posts that I typed AFTER the origional post, you wouldn't have made yourself look like a fool by calling me a PS2 fanboy and saying the overheating kiosks are a rumor.

To clarify, I'm not a PS2 fanboy, and Xbox kiosks have been overheating.

JerichoCane
10-26-2001, 03:04 PM
Here's a picture that someone took of an Xbox that overheated in Toys R' Us (this one is real). Gaming-age.com has also reported several places that are having difficulties with their Xbox units.

Now to clear a couple of things up:

1. I never said I had a degree in electronics, but a friend of mine, who works in the electronics dept. at Target said it overheated. Wheather it did or not doesn't matter, all that matters is that it no longer works, and this particular Target only got in their kiosk abour a week ago.

2. I'm not trying to bash the Xbox, I'm actually an Xbox fan. However, I post one story about the Xbox overheating (which is true), as well as a picture that is obviously fake, and everyone accuses me of hating the Xbox. I like and want the Xbox, but when there are reports of Xbox kiosks overheating, I don't ignore it just because I'm an Xbox fanboy. Quite frankly, the thought that my Xbox may overheat scares me.

Xboxmaster2001
10-26-2001, 03:12 PM
first of all its stuck in a little box thingy and second is on all **** daywhat do you expect...and dosnt xbox blow out air from a bigger fan than the others maybe its getting too hot becasue all the air in there is soo hot from that???? its sounds kindof stupid but still...

JerichoCane
10-26-2001, 03:16 PM
Yeah but still... all the systems run all day, not to mention the fact that the Xbox kiosk is made by Microsoft (notice the TV says "Microsoft" on it). I would think that the maker of the Xbox would have a fan on the kiosk that pushed the hot air out, and didn't just leave it circulating all day long. That's why this worries me even more.

scarecrow kfj
10-26-2001, 03:16 PM
Actualy it dosnt sound stupid. With no vents there is no cool air for the fan to work with. And think about it having it run in a little box for apx. 16 hrs a day. Its bound to over heat. I dont plan on running mine that long.

Xboxmaster2001
10-26-2001, 03:18 PM
i ran my dc for 19 hrs. at a time playing PSO and its ok yet

Xboxmaster2001
10-26-2001, 03:19 PM
BTW why would they not think of vents???

Xboxmaster2001
10-26-2001, 03:21 PM
ya look at the PS2 DVD problems there still going on

scarecrow kfj
10-26-2001, 03:25 PM
there probably are small vents but even in P2s manuel and dcs it says to have it in a place where it will get enough air. DC I did run it for a long time once but that fan in there kicks ass. I had my P2 running once and it gave me some problems. I had it on a shelf with my stereo and will frooze on me.

JerichoCane
10-26-2001, 03:26 PM
I'll say this one more time for you:

It doesn't matter if it overheated or not, the fact is that it doesn't work. I could care less what caused it to stop working, the fact is that it broke in a week, OK. I personally don't want to go spend $300 on an Xbox and have it overheat (or break in any other way).

Also, if it didn't overheat, what do you think caused it to break? Personally, I think the idea of the units overheating is more than likely what is happening.

l Maximus l
10-26-2001, 03:27 PM
Jericho...dude, you are a hypocrite, man! If you carefully read my previous post to you, you will notice that I DID NOT call you a PS2 fanboy. I made references to PS2 fanboys...but, I didn't include you in that fold. I called you a hypocrite because you didn't read my post carefully and are saying that I didn't read your post carefully. lol

I actually read yours very carefully and I realize that you are a faithful XBox gamer....Being a hypocrite isn't all THAT bad...I bite my finger nails while I tell my wife not to! lol..I'm one, too...we're only human.

I am simply saying that it's most likely a bunch of PS2 fanboys screwing up kiosks or, if anything, just starting rumors of events that do not exist. That's all :) Dude, have a beer! :D

-Max

SciFi
10-26-2001, 03:27 PM
perhaps the problem was with the hook up guy...
or the delivery man...
my friend got a ps once, and it overheated in 3h, we found out that an idiot droped it during shipment, not enought to really damage the outside, but somethin inside got loose, and ended up breakeing a connection..

Xboxmaster2001
10-26-2001, 03:28 PM
cause its in that **** boxlittle vents insstead if open air space

scarecrow kfj
10-26-2001, 03:31 PM
but it could have simply not been set up yet or a little kid tugging to hard pull out a wire even if it was the box I doubt the ones for sale will cop out

Xboxmaster2001
10-26-2001, 03:36 PM
true maybe there just using these for test reasons also never know

SciFi
10-26-2001, 03:36 PM
the store ones take all kinds of abuse...
long hours, and kids who wanna destroy it since they don't have one...:(
Honestly, who would run their xbox that long, each day... we do have things that must be done(bathroom necessities, food, work/school that pays for games/power, sleep...)
while in kiosks there is a line...

Tazilla
11-01-2001, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy-XBA
i think i need to make another forum called BS.. lol :D

http://members.sigecom.net/jeremy/xbox/bs.gif

I stole this image from someone elso on the fourms. Credit to the original poster of this GIF file.

Where is this forum, and why isn't this thread moved there?:D

got to give him props for a good imagination, I would have used flames or sparks though,...

ThomasHun
11-01-2001, 07:25 AM
Why was there a tornado behind the xbox?

CyberBOMB
11-01-2001, 08:38 AM
They explained that the problems with the Kiosks was the demo disc using the old libraries. Another problem TRU (toys r us) had, and i know because i worked there is a small cable that was defective. It was not the system itself but a combination of a bad demo disc and the defective cable. There have been instances where i have turned on the kiosk and had no video. I would then have to repeatedly turn the kiok off and on until video returned. Another bad thing was that remote control, it is needed sometimes but you need to be a manager with the key to open it. (Which they are rarely there)

P.S. There is sufficient ventilation in the rear of the kiosk, you just have to look. Oh and the kiosk didnt come built, it came in pieces and needed to be put together, even the xbox system came in its retail box (which looked a little different on the sides).

Tazilla
11-01-2001, 08:48 AM
Nah man,.. that is one Hella skid mark

ThomasHun
11-01-2001, 09:25 AM
xboxes have wheels. Now we can play smokey and bandit with our xboxes

Tazilla
11-01-2001, 09:29 AM
I meant the other kind of skid mark

ThomasHun
11-01-2001, 09:46 AM
Well sir thats just appaling I like smokey and the bandit though:p

Tazilla
11-01-2001, 04:22 PM
Junyah,.. remind me to Slap! yo Momma when we get home,...

:D

Smokey and the Bandit was cool,.. That'd make a cool game,.. probably better than Spy Hunter,...