PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous Rallisport Challenge Video!

Plasticman
10-25-2001, 08:53 PM
Everyone here now can get the chance to see this great game in action!

Go here: ftp://ftp.fragzone.se/pub/mov/rallisport/.

There are two versions, hi res, and lo. They are quite big, so you may want to download them first. After you view them, vote your opinions on this great looking game.

Old Sckool
10-25-2001, 09:07 PM
Doohh! I can't get the link to work :(

Plasticman
10-25-2001, 09:13 PM
You may have to wait till later. It's probably jam packed with downloaders now, since it did move faster than it does now. It's a great movie, even in low res, but to get the real deal, hi res is the best to get. Sooner or later, you'll have it.

Plasticman
10-25-2001, 10:10 PM
Btw, the hi res video is truly hi res. It comes in at a whopping 124MB and a little over 2min in length. I'm not certain about the lo res version, but I imagine it won't be too much different.

l Maximus l
10-26-2001, 12:10 PM
Bummer...I can't get it to open either....I definately will come back, though...I'm excited about this title!

Thanks, Plasticman!

-Max

l Maximus l
10-26-2001, 02:12 PM
Plasticman,

How can I download this file onto my hard drive instead of playing it from the Internet? I did this with Outlaw Golf...It's great!

-Max

SquirrelJam
10-26-2001, 03:53 PM
Maximus wrote:
"How can I download this file onto my hard drive instead of playing it from the Internet?"

Maximus, right click on the file and choose "copy..." instead of "Open..."

l Maximus l
10-26-2001, 04:48 PM
Thanks, Squirrel...but, I actually found the website where this can be found...Sorry, dude...Admittingly, I'm kind of a novice at copying video streaming files...

If anyone is curious...check out: http://ftp.fragzone.se/index.php?s=&p=mov/rallisport/ and find it...it's on the bottom-middle of the screen. I'm downloading it right now. This should be tight!

Hey, Squirrel...have a beer! :D

-Max

Plasticman
10-26-2001, 07:28 PM
I suck! I'm sorry I couldn't provide a better link. Please vote guys!

Old Sckool
10-26-2001, 08:29 PM
Back to the topic the video looks total Spectacular, its the best shot at making a game look real I have ever seen total Spectacular.

SquirrelJam
10-27-2001, 06:19 PM
I thought the opening scenes of this movie were pretty awesome. However once the car started hitting the road, it lost a little realism for me. I'm being critical but work has only just begun. This title has tremendous potential. I really grooved on the bumpercam shots on the snowy roads as the car skimmed over the ice.

The promise of this title's "polish" will surely make this a contender for "Best Racer of 2002".

Hey Max!, thanks for the beer. [gulp, gulp... aaahhhhh!] :D

l Maximus l
10-29-2001, 12:54 PM
Spectacular! That is, without a doubt, the best Ralli car game I have ever seen! That was seriously clutch...I knew this game would be great!

Thanks, Plasticman, for bringing that to my attention...just think, this was simply a demo...the actual game and finished product is going to be even better! Nice! :D

-Max

Plasticman
10-29-2001, 02:39 PM
No prob! If you look at the car body, you'll see how realistic the reflections are. It looks very real, especially when looking from behind the car. The grass looks very real as well. Much like in Project Ego.

l Maximus l
10-29-2001, 03:25 PM
I agree, Plastic...I just watched it again since I chose to download it onto my computer. Too bad it's such a big file! Man, 124 MB?!?! I don't know how much longer I will have this puppy on my computer...but, a sweet video indeed.

I definately plan on buying this one...I knew this one was a winner when I saw the first screenshots! Most excellent :D

-Max

Plasticman
10-29-2001, 10:59 PM
You must have a small drive then?? You should really upgrade, since you might want more space for all those Xbox movie to constantly review and drool.

l Maximus l
10-30-2001, 01:12 AM
I'm just chillin' with a 12 Gig hard drive...Yeah, I need to upgrade sometime...I saved it on my E drive...unfortunately, on my work computer, I have Microsoft NT...but, at home, I have the new Microsoft XP...it's eye candy...plus, I have a 20 Gig hard drive on this one...it's a little better, but, I have a lot of stuff on it, though...

Plasticman
10-30-2001, 07:16 AM
I did have a 4GB until I went up to 40GB. Actually, I went up to 80GB since I have two 40GB drives in my PC. I use one drive to copy my downloaded files in case I need to format. I don't put much on my drive except movies and MP3's(I only have 140). I do have a lot of cartoon episodes on my second drive though. I have over 1700, all crystal clear. Maybe we can hook up, and I'll send you some if you're still into classic 80's toons.

l Maximus l
10-30-2001, 11:20 AM
Cool, Plasticman...The 80s cartoons are the best! They don't make them like they used to, that's for sure!

Sounds cool, but, before we go ahead and do that, it would make much more sense that I upgrade my hardrive(s) on my home computer. 20Gig isn't doing the trick...perhaps another 60gigs will do me better. I'll keep you posted :)

-Max

XBOX Dude
10-31-2001, 10:53 AM
that video was great did you see grass and the cars looked great you could even see the guy on the inside turning the wheel i'm not that into racing games but this makes me want to buy one.