PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting Madden 2003 and keeping 2002 because.....

consolegamer
07-14-2002, 08:30 AM
2 words. Pat Summerall. I love his announcing . He'll never be in another game again. A true collectors item for me.:cool:

Zion
07-14-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by consolegamer
2 words. Pat Summerall. I love his announcing . He'll never be in another game again. A true collectors item for me.:cool:

I wouldn't be able to put up with the poor gameplay in Madden just to listen to Pat Summerall. And, while you're listening to Pat Summerall looping pre recorded play calling, we'll be playing NFL2k3 and Fever online!!!!

:p

robnyack
07-14-2002, 02:09 PM
hey, come on, Summerall was good. I always kinda liked the summerall/madden commentary in a perverse sort of way.

I bet the Michaels/Madden commentary will be good too. I bet they actually spend some time to make it better this year too, seeing how there will be more of a focus on the new team.

But, Madden has screwed me over one too many times. Dump online franchise mode for the pc (if you never played in an online franchise league with the pc version, you have never realized just how awesome football gaming can be), and no xbox live play.

I bought madden on xbox last year, and bought Fever 02 but always thought of Madden as my main football game. This year though, it's Fever and if I feel I need a backup I will go with Sega.

Too bad. I used to LOVE that franchise.

consolegamer
07-15-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Zion

I wouldn't be able to put up with the poor gameplay in Madden just to listen to Pat Summerall. And, while you're listening to Pat Summerall looping pre recorded play calling, we'll be playing NFL2k3 and Fever online!!!!

:p

You misunderstood. I am also getting NFL 2K3 (my first choice),Madden and MAYBE fever. I really hated the last fever so we'll see.:confused:

noodleboy
07-22-2002, 01:43 PM
you like listening to Summerall slur through his broadcasts and call the players by different names?? Yeah I'll sure miss him :rolleyes:

wweomaniac
07-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Zion

:p The gameplay in Madden 2002 was awesome. I don't think you understand the term "gameplay". What did you think was wrong with it? Fever was dumb because you could easily make million mile passes. It was too glamourous. NFL 2k2 lacked better graphics. The gameplay was alright though.

Madden 2002 had the best gameplay out of the three games in 2002. It was really obivous if you played all three games like me.

consolegamer
07-22-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
The gameplay in Madden 2002 was awesome. I don't think you understand the term "gameplay". What did you think was wrong with it? Fever was dumb because you could easily make million mile passes. It was too glamourous. NFL 2k2 lacked better graphics. The gameplay was alright though.

Madden 2002 had the best gameplay out of the three games in 2002. It was really obivous if you played all three games like me.

I must disagree with you. Madden had excellent gameplay as well as NFL 2K2. NFL was the only game that truly HAS real faces that looked just like REAL NFL players. Madden didn't, and everybody in fever looked like planet of the apes. Fever truly sucks. The commentary was looped to hell, the ball was filled with helium and I didn't think the graphics were that good. The game was very blurry. Madden and NFL 2K3 will be my only purchases this football season. If fever really improves on the last installment, I'll buy that too:cool:

ash
08-04-2002, 12:45 AM
I think the best way to discribe all thre games is:

madden- a true football simulation, the most realistic, and if it had online there wouldn't even be a discussion.

fever- very unrealistic. I consider it to be a "smart" nfl blitz.

2k- a good medium between the two.

2k is very cool and I'll be getting both 2k3 and madden 2003

GRAVEDIGGER
08-04-2002, 01:56 AM
Well i must say that i enjoyed Fever because of its deep dynasty mode, which is where most of my time was and is still spent, And it has what no other football game has and that is the Dynamic Player Rating System, so players can actually accomplish what every football player wants to be..Bigger Stonger, Faster(BFS) And also the NFL Trophy case is one of the best features i've seen in any football game to date(Hall of Fame and all the records you can think of), there's just something great about being able to rewrite the record books within your own dynasty.

IMO Fever deliverd a very solid game, and i'll be picking up Fever and NFL 2K3(the 2 best IMO) this season. I'll probably trade my old 2K2 for a used Madden 2003(because i signed that ban against EA and i intend to follow it, because they are truly trying to screw the XBOX, hope they smarten up soon) And people rate Madden so much that some of them wont even give other games a chance, saying that madden is the best and it has this and it has that, well when the friggin series has been out since about 1990, well what do you expect? of course it has to get some ***** right after over 12 years of attempts.

Untill next time...:mad:

ash
08-04-2002, 11:22 AM
I always preferred Sega football over Madden.
Going all the way back to Joe Montana's sports talk (waaaaay back!) for the genesis.

BUT starting in 2001 and continuing in 2002 Madden blew sega wawy.

This year will be different because they've both had a full year to try to take advantage of xbox's capabilities. They both will rock and I'll get both.

I just don't like Fever.
I believe that the new Madden will have a better dynasty (the ncaa is really cool!).

At least there's a bunch of football games to choose from-
something for everyone.

xbox rocks