PDA

View Full Version : First Enclave Review

Tkf5000
07-14-2002, 11:49 AM
Over at "PlanetXbox-a Member of the Gamepsy Network" they have posted their first review of enclave. check it out!
http://www.planetxbox.com/features/reviews/2002/enclave/

robnyack
07-14-2002, 12:37 PM
interesting. The reviewer semed to give it a better review in writing than in an actual score!

If I were to read the review w/o knowing the assigned score, I would guess he would give it an 8.something. Instead, he gives it a 7.2 (72).

Tkf5000
07-14-2002, 01:51 PM
still 7 is a very good score for these people. gamespy,ign,and gamespot dont give everything 10s becasue theyre fun. some of the best games ive played have been rated 7. gamspy might of underrated it because lack of time to play the game. but tey could change it. well have to wait and see ign and gamespots.

robnyack
07-14-2002, 02:04 PM
the review added to my wanting of the game, so, it must be a good review.

:)

Slacker
07-14-2002, 03:06 PM
That reviewer was Anal, his graphics complaints were trivial in my book, I don't think a Game has to be graphically perfect , to the point of the water didn't ripple and they don't show his weapons on his back,

I think Game reviewers Play so many games that they get Anal because they compare every Game to one Masterpiece and want every game to be perfect,

For Example the Movie Citizen Cane was made the Movie of the century, can you imagine if every movie was based on Citizen Cane, I love that movie but I also like Other types of movies , anyway , Enclave is going in my Library

Kooster
07-14-2002, 04:12 PM
i think that enclave looks like it is a good game. this review made me want it. i really dont care if the water doesnt ripple or the weapons appear out of nowhere. even though it looks good, i dont think im gonna buy it the day it comes out. i wanna see what other ppl think about it. plus, im not sure if i want a hack and slash game.

y2kash_14
07-15-2002, 02:07 AM
When is this game supposed to come out?

wulff
07-15-2002, 07:25 PM
July 30.
The problem i see here is the other reviews this guy did.I mean "splashdown gets an 85"...please just another silly racer with nothing new to offer ,couldnt keep me interested for more than a day....it got old fast.....

This is one of lowest scores that "he" gives of all the reviews he's done over there.I hope his gripes are mostly online **** and moan....Some people had a hard time controlling Hunter where i found it easy peasy..."Which to say Hunter was a shallow game ,some pretty grafx but gave me no replay at all...it just sits there and collects dust.

I think all xbox games should be sent thru to the Bungie/M$ team first before there released for public consumption.

Lately i have been unimpressed with the titles for it.
I know the fall is around the corner but it seems like such a hard wait sometime......crossing my finger's for enclave to be stellar and have replay value about 1/2 of what Halo has....and i'll be happy.

Bring on the fall launch titles.........thnk christ i usually fish all summer.

studepaber
07-16-2002, 12:33 PM
Even with the semi-low score (however reliable that may be) I think I'll trade in some Gamecube games for this one. Graphics are impressive IMO..... As far as the control issues I'm sure they are something to get used to, i.e. Hunter, Gunvalkyrie.

Spaztic
07-17-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by wulff
July 30.
The problem i see here is the other reviews this guy did.I mean "splashdown gets an 85"...please just another silly racer with nothing new to offer ,couldnt keep me interested for more than a day....it got old fast.....

This is one of lowest scores that "he" gives of all the reviews he's done over there.I hope his gripes are mostly online **** and moan....Some people had a hard time controlling Hunter where i found it easy peasy..."Which to say Hunter was a shallow game ,some pretty grafx but gave me no replay at all...it just sits there and collects dust.

I think all xbox games should be sent thru to the Bungie/M$ team first before there released for public consumption.

Lately i have been unimpressed with the titles for it.
I know the fall is around the corner but it seems like such a hard wait sometime......crossing my finger's for enclave to be stellar and have replay value about 1/2 of what Halo has....and i'll be happy.

Bring on the fall launch titles.........thnk christ i usually fish all summer.

obviously you didn't play spashdown much, it is easily one of the best games xbox has to offer. NOTE : ONE OF THE BEST!

wulff
07-18-2002, 06:50 PM
obviously you didn't play spashdown much, it is easily one of the best games xbox has to offer. NOTE : ONE OF THE BEST!

No man, like i said it did nothing for ME.Another shallow racer.It didn't draw me in at all.
I think i must be getting too old or something or my expectations are too high now.
I would of gave splashdown a 62/100.
I need more in a game than just holging that button down.My thumb was getting sore from holding the throttle down for so long so i just grabbed some duct tape.

EHWfedPres
07-31-2002, 08:01 PM
Correction. It is not supposed to COME OUT on the 30th...it came out today, the 31st. get it right or dont say anything.

Now, who cares about reviews...that just some jerk-off's opinion, means nothing to anyone else. I dont care what some retard says, if I like a game, i'll like it and not need some sped telling me to like it or not.

Tkf5000
07-31-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Correction. It is not supposed to COME OUT on the 30th...it came out today, the 31st. get it right or dont say anything.

Now, who cares about reviews...that just some jerk-off's opinion, means nothing to anyone else. I dont care what some retard says, if I like a game, i'll like it and not need some sped telling me to like it or not.
i posted this a long time ago, so all this is old. dont bring up these old threads. there more than one enclave review now. so your correction is not really important, we know that.

EHWfedPres
08-02-2002, 02:31 AM
forgive me for not living at this board like some people.

natewebb
08-05-2002, 12:43 PM
Dont worry about a score of 7. Ask anyone whos played it more more than an hour. This is a 10.

Tkf5000
08-05-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by natewebb
Dont worry about a score of 7. Ask anyone whos played it more more than an hour. This is a 10.
why dony u try responding to some newer threads. theres a lot about enclave reviews in the general discusion. notice this thread is called the FIRST enclave review now enclave review.

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 05:09 PM
the firts revieweh my my thats cool