PDA

View Full Version : Aren't there any good Halo players?????

Dre
07-14-2002, 04:55 PM
OK, I recently started playing Halo online. Now, I have a penchant for games were the skill that is tested is headshots. No sniper, just pistols. I also don't put shields, but I give 400% health so that you know that almost every kill will have to be a headshot. And theres also a motion detector.

But.. whenever I play this game I end up kicking whoever's ass by around 15-20 kills (in a 25 frag limit game). I am playing on xbconnect.. is it just that most people suck at headshot type games or am I just a god? :D

Comon people.. someone on here must be able to give me somewhat of a challenge! Show me your skills if you dare!! My name is [XBA]-Dre on Xbconnect and Dre is my Xbox's name.. comon.. bring it on!!!

VenoM
07-14-2002, 05:02 PM
*cough* silver trace *cough* best halo player ive ever played against and with

Dre
07-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Comon.. someone step up to the challenge.. I'm online right now!!

Nato King
07-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Comon.. someone step up to the challenge.. I'm online right now!!

Hey Dre I would love to take you up on that challenge but I'm not online yet. I should be up and on by the end of the month. I have been looking for a good person to play halo. I won a halo tournament last month and since than I have been beating everybody in Bermuda.:) I would love to play you.

I also know that Maximus-XBA is a very good player at Halo. I have never played him but by the end of the month I will.:)

talk to you later

Dre
07-14-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w

Hey Dre I would love to take you up on that challenge but I'm not online yet. I should be up and on by the end of the month. I have been looking for a good person to play halo. I won a halo tournament last month and since than I have been beating everybody in Bermuda.:) I would love to play you.

I also know that Maximus-XBA is a very good player at Halo. I have never played him but by the end of the month I will.:)

talk to you later

Now that I'm finally online, I'm looking forward to playing some fellow XBA members

E Nomini Patri
07-14-2002, 07:38 PM
I can go online, but I don't have a CAT-5 cable that will reach. :(

CodeMonkey
07-14-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Dre
OK, I recently started playing Halo online. Now, I have a penchant for games were the skill that is tested is headshots. No sniper, just pistols. I also don't put shields, but I give 400% health so that you know that almost every kill will have to be a headshot. And theres also a motion detector.

But.. whenever I play this game I end up kicking whoever's ass by around 15-20 kills (in a 25 frag limit game). I am playing on xbconnect.. is it just that most people suck at headshot type games or am I just a god? :D

Comon people.. someone on here must be able to give me somewhat of a challenge! Show me your skills if you dare!! My name is [XBA]-Dre on Xbconnect and Dre is my Xbox's name.. comon.. bring it on!!!
Remeber to let someone else host the game, otherwise you will always have the edge..
:D

Plewis
07-14-2002, 10:11 PM
i used to play online, but I stopped. Venomiza was the only xbaer i ever saw online... come to think of it i havent seen him around here in awhile...

Snapple
07-15-2002, 01:28 PM
i dont think very many people practice head shots thats probly why(and with pistles,lol,thats probly why)

Dre
07-15-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
i dont think very many people practice head shots thats probly why(and with pistles,lol,thats probly why)

Ya, I noticed that alot of ppl are either
a. clueless that headshots do more dmg
b. have pretty bad aim so they just target the body

l Maximus l
07-15-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

Remeber to let someone else host the game, otherwise you will always have the edge..

Exactly!

Dre...it could be possible that your server is slow and people that you are hosting are lagging a lot on their end. I've noticed that XBConnect had a lot of good players...but, not all.

I think I've only lost about two games when I host it in about a 5 month time frame (approximately). I'll lose if I have a couple of my mediocre-skilled buddies and I'm on their team, too :D

Plewis
07-15-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w
I won a halo tournament last month and since than I have been beating everybody in Bermuda.:)

no offense dude, but Bermudas like 20 sq. miles. Thats like super small, and most of it is taken up by hotels and touristy things and beaches. So dont get too c0cky... too bad you could kick my @ss. I havent played for like ever. Damn Morrowind

SpartanSniper
07-15-2002, 09:46 PM
I wish I could fight you, Dre. I could test your "skills" but I don't have my xbox online. I'll see you when I get Xbox LIVE .

OppiumNitrates
07-16-2002, 09:23 AM
ill play u in a head shot game . . .

it's o.n.

Dre
07-16-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
ill play u in a head shot game . . .

it's o.n.

Sweet! I'll look for you tonight when I get on around 6-7'ish. I'll be on for a while so PM me or I'll PM you... whatever.. just be prepared to die :)

OppiumNitrates
07-16-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Dre
just be prepared to die :)

i will do nothing of the sort, the preparation should be done by u . . . . . i get home from work around 8 . . . so look for me at like 830-9

Dre
07-17-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

i will do nothing of the sort, the preparation should be done by u . . . . . i get home from work around 8 . . . so look for me at like 830-9

Couldn't find you last night. Try again tonight.

Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

Exatox
07-22-2002, 07:19 AM
****** I miss everything now. I moved my computer downstairs and no longer have acess to a TV to play online. I can only play PC games online now...

Supperdog
08-16-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Plewis

Damn Morrowind

DIE DIE DIE!!!

:)

X-Ray
08-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

This effect is exagerated in a setup that emphasizes headshots; with lag, getting headshots becomes almost a matter of luck. Part of it is that you're probably quite good and the other part is that your setup really favors the host.

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 07:25 PM
wha?you mean there are actually BAD halo players?i didn't know that....

silvertrace
08-18-2002, 07:59 PM
y0 dre...its already been noted but i'll repeat it...........

HOST HAS SUPREME ADVANTAGE

that doesnt mean that u arent good, but try playing on someone elses host and lets see the result..........;)

btw.........the halo master is back, his name rhymes with silvertrace:cool:

Xtopia
08-18-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Now that I'm finally online, I'm looking forward to playing some fellow XBA members

I'm good. I can't play online right now because I got a firewall installed it is really messing up my internet...in the XBA tourney I got second. Silvertrace won...big suprise. But I still should play XBC...so you just wait Dre!!!!;)

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 10:36 PM
i can't wait to go online

SoccerCJM77
08-19-2002, 09:35 AM
Jut wait until XBOX live comes out. you'll see who will kick your ass now

Jarvis
08-20-2002, 08:16 AM
Guarantee you it's just the host advantage. It's funny how some people really think they are great because they host all the time. Of fcking course you're undefeated in a month or whatever (example), cause everyone else is laggin' like hell on your server.

-jarvis

Great Gamer
08-26-2002, 09:06 AM
... If I played online. Nope, Im just a regular old get together with buddies, have a bag of chips and play for hours. I play 1 on 3 (me being the 1) and smoke them all with the trusty sniper and shotgun combo. My friends are pretty good too.;)

Dre
08-26-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Jarvis
Guarantee you it's just the host advantage. It's funny how some people really think they are great because they host all the time. Of fcking course you're undefeated in a month or whatever (example), cause everyone else is laggin' like hell on your server.

-jarvis

In the last 3 months I haven't hosted once. It's funny how some people can't come to face the fact that some people are better than others at certain things.

Jarvis
08-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Dre

In the last 3 months I haven't hosted once. It's funny how some people can't come to face the fact that some people are better than others at certain things.

yeah i'm sure, that's why you were telling us in your first post how you set your game up, duhhhh, you don't set the game up when someone else is hosting.

LIES.

-jarvis

Dre
08-26-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Jarvis

yeah i'm sure, that's why you were telling us in your first post how you set your game up, duhhhh, you don't set the game up when someone else is hosting.

LIES.

-jarvis

So its 2 months and not 3... chill out. No need to call me a liar dude.. grow up.