PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Freezing--

Gaws
07-14-2002, 07:28 PM
My morrowind freezes every 15 min.! I have tryed everything!, i earased my whole hard drive

I took off the shadow mode!

I exchanged it for a new Morrowind game

What do i do HELP!

PS: has NE1 else had this problem?

CALzinger
07-14-2002, 07:35 PM
i have a solution. private message me for info. the code information is illegal to pass on, it can lead to hackin n stuff.

ScorpionX
07-14-2002, 07:42 PM
Mine freezes about once a day, maybe twice.

monkeyman
07-14-2002, 07:50 PM
mine use to all the time but after i hite the 200 mark it really hasnt anymore only one time that i know of so hmm interesting

Alien
07-14-2002, 08:29 PM
About once a week for me. But it doesn't bother me. I can live with playing 15 minutes to catch up what I lost.

Calve
07-14-2002, 09:45 PM
never happened to me:cool:
come to think bout it my xbox has never froze...
:D

SkoalMint
07-15-2002, 05:02 AM
Up until this weekend, I was having no problems at all. However, as I was playing this weekend, it was going to the black screen approximately every 15-30 minutes. It would happen when I tried to switch to inventory after loading a new area (usually when the map was the last thing I had looked at), it would happen when a new area was loading (especially when going through a door), and it would happen when I was walking through the fields. If anyone comes up with a solution, I'd be very happy to hear it.

Nato King
07-15-2002, 09:20 AM
I would have to say that my xbox freezes about Once every three days. I really hate my xbox when it does that.:)

Spaztic
07-15-2002, 09:40 AM
my hasn't frozen yet, but I have hacked my dvd drive. I adjusted the pot (aka laser intesity) it reads games alot better and quicker! I haven't had a game freeze since, and morrowind hasn't given me any problems!

Duke
07-15-2002, 12:05 PM
Obviously depends how much I play it, but I can usually get at least an hour before the DDE.

Usually when I get it, the framerate drops a couple times just beforehand.

Gives me enough time to save just in case.

Just to make clear, not everytime the framerate drops, but it drops before it gives me the DDE.

Master Gracey
07-15-2002, 09:55 PM
I almost started a new topic on this very subject, but someone's beaten me to it.

Anyway, my game has started crashing every 5 minutes when I'm walking around in the countryside. I can't even enter Vivec, Balmora, Ald'ruhn, Ebonheart or Gnisis because the game only crashes. I can no longer go into the big map without crashing. My game crashes when I go to pick plants. As I walk around, I get the really long "loading exterior" bar about every 3 or 4 steps... and about 1 in every 3 of those times, the game crashes.

In a nutshell.... I AM SO SICK OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game has gone from being really fun (couldn't tear myself away) to being an exercise in agony. Want to know the sad part? I haven't even started the main quest yet! After a whole month of playing and just having a good time walking around, I haven't started the main quest and now the game is unplayable.

My disc is spotless... you'd think it was just purchased. So WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? What's with the dirty disc errors??? My save games have shot up to over 200 blocks per save, and I can't find any way to bring this number down.

I was one of this game's biggest supporters until the past two days when this crap started. Now I'm ready to get rid of it or crush it into a thousand little pieces. Can somebody PLEASE help before it's too late? I just want to play this game again...

Alien
07-15-2002, 10:56 PM
Maybe try saving your files onto a memory card, and then return it to the store saying it didn't work. Get a new one, and then you still have your files.

CALzinger
07-16-2002, 08:25 AM
it seems as if 3 customers have left me in delight already.

I have the cache code.
PRIVATE MESSAGE me if you are completely sick of the freeezing.
Note: COMPLETELY SICK OF IT. if it freezes everyday, than deal with it. if it freezes every hour or minute, PM me.