07-14-2002, 11:08 PM
"Avenge your father's death by finding his killer"
- Shenmue II
- Spider-Man
- Dead to Rights
- Project Ego
- Bruce Lee
- Max Payne (wife)

I'm sure there are more. What's up with this. I just finished reading the new Shenmue preview at xbox.com and found that interested. BTW Shenmue II lookes like a cool game.

Alien
07-14-2002, 11:09 PM
It's a huge goverment conspiracy...I'm sure of it. :p

That is pretty weird though, I guess avenging your Father's murder is the cool thing to do now...

NomadLLama
07-15-2002, 12:31 AM
bruce lee is about gettin those guys who kidnapped his father. eh.... i am big on stories, but i have never played any of those games that you listed. only the demos of the one that are out and on that list. im probably gonna get shenmueII also

y2kash_14
07-15-2002, 01:15 AM
Actually in Spiderman, you avenge your uncle's death, but besides that, avenging deaths is like the best storyline ever.

Highlite23
07-15-2002, 01:40 AM
I agree with y2kash, it's a classic and popular storyline, you occasionally get a little change in the relationship, but it's the same premiss.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.:D

Snapple
07-15-2002, 08:35 AM
and then when you find your father hes with some whore,lol:D

i only played spider-man out of those games and the story line about avenging his father death slowly dissaperd as spider-man was hunting green goblin(same with the movie i totally forgot about the killing of his father)

wweomaniac
07-15-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
Actually in Spiderman, you avenge your uncle's death, but besides that, avenging deaths is like the best storyline ever. Perhaps, but shouldn't they try and think of something else. Like... I don't know. I can't think of anything else, but I'm sure that these developers could probably. They're very imaginative.

Actually, if it were up to me, I would just make a game aboot how someone is just rich and ****ed off and decides to go kill people. :)

faceoff508
07-15-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
"Avenge your father's death by finding his killer"

- Project Ego

Actually hes avenging his family and his dog. Not only his father. Just thought you would like to know!

Snapple
07-15-2002, 12:43 PM
dog????lol

Xbox Owner
07-15-2002, 12:51 PM
omg, lol

good cop bad cop

" Players assume the role of Ben Kellman, a cynical cop who must choose to either follow the law or make his own rules in exacting revenge for his father's death. "

lmao

wweomaniac
07-15-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Actually hes avenging his family and his dog. Not only his father. Just thought you would like to know! meh... his dad's still in there.

Snoopy7548
07-15-2002, 06:02 PM
u know what another story line is? save the princess

super mario 1
super mario 2
super mario 3
super mario 64:D

wweomaniac
07-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

super mario 1
super mario 2
super mario 3
That's "save" not "avenge death" :P

btw.. super mario bros 3 was the best out of those 4

y2kash_14
07-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Just think of it as Different flavors of Ice Cream, they always look and taste different, but they are all basically the same. ;)

CALzinger
07-16-2002, 08:49 AM
wel uh...what would the game be without that stuff?

Shorezy
07-16-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

super mario 1
super mario 2
super mario 3

LOL! NICE!!

Oh and the 'father' storyline, is a great one, and as for all of those games following it, that's not entirely accurate, but i see where you comin from!:rolleyes:

RudedogX
07-16-2002, 10:40 AM
Alright, think of it this way...you're a reluctant hero (most of those character's games listed). What is going to cause you to go out and pick a fight, a person that's got the wrong shirt on? You've gotta have a good reason for a story to progress. The life's love or a family member is almost always used in those situations. Link searching for Zelda, Mario for the princess, all those you mentioned avenging their fathers, uncles, aunts, mothers, sisters, dogs deaths.

Like y2kash said, think of it as different flavors of your favorite 31 flavors of ice cream. They're not all unique, but they're different enough that you keep coming back to try them.

Adema
07-16-2002, 12:21 PM
telling people not to use the whole revenge story is like telling people not to use a story line where the main character saves the whole world. It's been done before and it was sucessful so it will be done again.