PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Golf is Great!

BT_Express
07-15-2002, 07:59 AM
I purchased this game the day it came out and I've loved it ever since.

I'm playing as wanna-be rapper "ICE TREY" and I'm just about finished the entire "tour mode". I've unlocked all the Golfers except for "CC" and I've completed all of the challenges at the "Driving Range". One thing strikes me as odd though and that is even after you complete all of the challenges you cannot increase your 4 elements to 100%. Kinda weird if you ask me.

But anyway...I love the game. It's fun, challenging, funny, has good graphics and since golf is so expensive in real life...You gotta love this game cuz it's only $50.

lllSmokelll
07-18-2002, 08:01 PM
ok.....good for you.....
but you should play as summer :cool:

SlightlySycho
07-18-2002, 09:25 PM
Eh, Summer can't hit a drive worth crap. I prefer characters who can get to a Par 5 green in two strokes. My favorite's Scrummy O'Doole. He has a nice balance of stats.

Took me about three days to figure out how to swing without slicing every other shot. But once I figured out how to do that I started to really enjoy the game.

lllSmokelll
07-19-2002, 12:26 PM
golf isnt a sport by the way.....its a skill

hook-worm J
07-20-2002, 02:03 AM
who gave you that idea goldberg? If thats true then what is wrestling? an excuse to take steroids? sorry...

SlightlySycho
07-20-2002, 08:35 PM
Just curious, has anyone here ever hit a hole-in-one? The best I've ever managed to get was an eagle.

Donaldson
07-20-2002, 08:48 PM
I have hit a hole-in-one once.

spliffdUP
07-23-2002, 11:16 PM
I never got a hole in one but I hit a 30 yard shot right into the hole, never even bounced.

runninutes
06-16-2003, 09:25 AM
Right into the hole without a bounce? That takes some pretty awesome aim!

No holes-in-one for me, either, but I have my eye on a few holes I bet it's possible on... Now that I've seen the challenge, I'll have to try to do it.

I had the BEST round yesterday! I played on Turnpike and shot a 56 (16 under par)! On the front 9, I had 7 birdies and 2 eagles. On the back 9, not so good - 6 birdies, 2 pars, and a bogey (*grumble - stupid bogey*).

Anyone else care to post their best scores on this game? I bet someone will beat me, but I'm still pretty happy with my score.

runninutes
06-16-2003, 02:07 PM
One more thing I wanted to add - I got my score on tour, so no mulligans were involved. I don't think a good score counts if you use mulligans.

Bakeman
06-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Just today on a Par3 , I think on Turnpike, I hit a shot that was 0 feet (it was just about a ball lenght away) away. And it gave me the "gimmie" option and got a birdie, but I almost crapped my pants , it was sooooooooooo close.

clk320
06-16-2003, 11:26 PM
I read on the Hypnotix site that the lowest known score is a 52. Not sure which course but one of the developers shot it.

Pipetender
06-16-2003, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I just got OG for $15 at Best Buy and absolutely love it. I play as Summer but I did some of the challenges so I can max out her distance and add to the other stats. I just have one question, do they want you to complete every event for every person or is it more practical to pick one person and stick with them and then do all the events? I got the game yesterday and my best score was -12 for 18 holes. Not to shabby...

Bakeman
06-17-2003, 01:25 AM
pick one and finishes all of them...
then move on.. or jump back and forth..

I finall after having this game for like a year, finished the tour with Summer. I am now working on it with Scrummy (look at the lines! are you looking! don't make me beat the bloody spit out of you!!) I finished the practice stuff and have 100 distance, 95 acc, 70 (I think) comp, and 95 control.

runninutes
06-17-2003, 06:46 AM
I agree - pick one character and stick with them until you're through winning with them. Everything you unlock is specific to the player you unlocked it with, so all you gain by playing with different characters is the ability to unlock stuff again that you unlocked before with someone else.

In real golf, last week there was a guy (I didn't recognize him) who shot one that stopped RIGHT on the edge of the cup. As he was walking up, frustrated, it fell in. It must have been so close that the vibrations of someone walking nearby made it fall. It was pretty funny.

Pipetender - pretty impressive score for your first day! Have you played a lot of other golf games in the past?

Pipetender
06-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by runninutes
I agree - pick one character and stick with them until you're through winning with them. Everything you unlock is specific to the player you unlocked it with, so all you gain by playing with different characters is the ability to unlock stuff again that you unlocked before with someone else.

In real golf, last week there was a guy (I didn't recognize him) who shot one that stopped RIGHT on the edge of the cup. As he was walking up, frustrated, it fell in. It must have been so close that the vibrations of someone walking nearby made it fall. It was pretty funny.

Pipetender - pretty impressive score for your first day! Have you played a lot of other golf games in the past?

Yeah that putt was from Tom Watson in the US Open. And I do play mostly sports games but this is my first golf game. I have a good strategy so the ball goes straight and I guess having 100% distance doesn't hurt.

Kraft
06-17-2003, 10:09 AM
I had this game for a while, until Tiger Woods 2003 came out. If you like this game but want to play something a tad more serious, tiger woods uses practically the same gameplay and physics setup.

runninutes
06-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Say, Kraft - does Tiger Woods do things like show you the trajectory of the ball, the slope of the green (white button on OLG) and where your putt will go (the X button while putting in OLG)? Those are a few things I wanted to make sure were in that game before I go out and buy it. Thanks ahead of time!

CrazyCougar
06-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah Tiger Woods does all that man. Its a great golf game. I have outlaw and Tiger. And Links 2004 by Microsoft is coming out in the fall. On the PC Links is the best golf game ever made. SO lets hope that holds true for the console.

runninutes
06-17-2003, 02:55 PM
I looked all over and finally found out something about Outlaw Golf 2. Here's a link to what S&S call a "Sellsheet:"

Outlaw Golf 2 Sellsheet (http://www.simonsays.com/ssimkt/productmarketing/pdfs/olg_2_xbox_sellsheet.pdf)

It's a pdf file, so I don't know if it will come up for everyone. Just in case, here's the page I got the link to the pdf from:

http://www.simonsays.com/ssimkt/productmarketing/homepages/og2.html

It's pretty interesting, and although I didn't notice that it actually says it's exclusive to Xbox, all the mentions of Xbox Live and the fact that they don't mention any other platforms on any of the pages makes me think it might be.

Of course, the fact that it's scheduled to come out in Q3 2003 and there are no screenshots, movies, or anything else available makes me a bit worried. We are, after all, 2 weeks away from the start of Q3...

Pipetender
06-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Well I like the box art. :cheers:

runninutes
06-18-2003, 05:16 PM
I went over to the Hypnotix forums and asked around about lowest scores. Here are links to the two threads on the subject:

Best Scores (http://www.hypnotix.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=864)

Best Scores - No Liars (http://www.hypnotix.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32)

Pipetender
06-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Wow those are some pretty good players. Lemme go check that stats page since I never knew it existed...