PDA

View Full Version : MW newbie questions! Please anwser!

Spaztic
07-15-2002, 09:06 AM
Ok I finally broke down and got Morrowind....The only regret I have is that I didn't get this game sooner. I have a couple questions though! I am currently following the main quest and looking for the dewmer cube....I can't find it! I have been all over the mines! The only place I couldn't go to is through a locked door! I run into tons of doors that I cannot unlock since my guy is a knight. Basicly how do I get locked doors open, is there some type of spell I need. I have 2 journey man lockpicks but i always get lock to complex when I try to open stuff with it!

I also am still at level 1!!! It is ****ing me off! I don't understand powering up...I noticed that you can buy some training! Is that the way to go, or should I go to a place and just kill alot of enemies! If someone has a good place to go to kill enemies to power up and get some gold and armor! let me know! I am only at level 1 so don't tell me a place that will get me killed! Also if you tell me a place tell me how to get there since I have only been to beshida (sp) Oh my class is a knight!

thanks!

ScorpionX
07-15-2002, 09:12 AM
To find the cube: Enter the ruins and go down to the bottom where there are 2 guys that you fight. Look to your left and you will se some rocks and above them is a second loft you have to go up. The cube can be found in one of the rooms on the loft on a shelf near the left hand corner of a room.

As for training, I fought tiny animals like rats and other weaker creatures to gain levels for my character. The first few levels are the hardest to advance in, it gets a lot easier.

Yannie Boy
07-15-2002, 09:24 AM
For you to level up you need to increase your minor/major skills. 10 times any skill. exp. if you got destruction and illusion as on of your major/minor skills you have to increase them to a total of ten times. like you increase destrution 5 times and illusion 5 times. but you can decide which minor/majors skills any way you want. if want to see how far you are from leveling up go to you stats and go to level and press y and it show you this bar. hope this helps out

Spaztic
07-15-2002, 09:28 AM
sweet thanks guys! I will just keep plugging away! Damn the rain storm is awsome!!!! Any advise about the locked doors?
....I think I am going to have to take some vacation to play this game some more =)

Duke
07-15-2002, 12:13 PM
As far as the locked doors go, it's all about raising your security skill. One way, obviously is to practice it (which you'll get a lot of in the thieves guild) There are other, easier ways including buying skill levels and enchanting something to open locks at 100.

The second is expensive, but there are ways to eliminate the never-ending quest for dough.

Anyway, haven't tried enchanting an open lock amulet, but since I had to restart, I've used the *cheat* for getting quick cash. It's not really cheating, but I'm only using it to get back to where my previous character was and then I'll try and stop. :D

If you're interested, I'm sure it's been listed in the boards somewhere, and if not, pm me or post here.

Calve
07-15-2002, 12:17 PM
what cheat, duke?

Peace

Duke
07-15-2002, 12:20 PM
It's not really a cheat, and anyone who has played it probably already knows it.

Kind of a spoiler in my opinon though. I'll pm it to ya though. Just don't get too excited, it's really not much.

edit* after writing the longest pm ever, I'll just say if you don't already the the Indoril Armor to Creeper for cash strategy I'll be happy to tell you. I'm pretty sure it's been posted with an improvement though (using the mudcrab)