PDA

View Full Version : Bound Long Blade Forever

JJaX
07-15-2002, 09:33 AM
I took an exquisite Shirt and made it do Constant effect bound longblade.

So if you create the item with a "golden saint" soul you get the option of 'constant effect' Then after its all setup swap the "golden saint" with any soul gem and you still get a constant effect :eek:

Well anyways, it comes out costing around 4K and you have a kick ass 1 handed long blade forever that weighs nothing. Even when you take the shirt out of your inventory the blade stays. :eek:

I had the shirt on for a few days than one day i took it off and put it in a crate and i still had the bound sword

Enjoy!

Yannie Boy
07-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Where's a golden saint?????

Alien
07-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Can someone please tell me how I soultrap? Do I just cast the spell until it works and then kill the creature? How do you know if the spell will catch their soul? Because I want to do stuff with Constant Effect lol.

JJaX
07-15-2002, 09:46 AM
Ive ran into 2 golden saints so far. I ran into one north of Mor Goon(sp?)

South/east part of the island kinda. You start to see them once you're like a level 15 or something like that.

To do a soul trap: Cast the spell on the enemy you want to catch. Once the spell has been casted you will see a grey mist aroudn them. Kill them while the mist is there and it will catch them.

You really only need one golden saint to make as many constant effect items as you want, Just do the swap trick as explained above. So if you create the item with a "golden saint" soul you get the option of 'constant effect' Then after its all setup swap the "golden saint" with any soul gem and you still get a constant effect

Constant effect items are very expensive!

Yannie Boy
07-15-2002, 09:47 AM
you have to cast the spell. this white cloud will surround the creature if you did it right. then all you got to do is kill it. but you need to have empty soul gems in your inventory. once you killed the creature it'll say (i think) you caught a soul. but remember higher level creatures required better soul gems. I enchant my own weapons so i should know

Yannie Boy
07-15-2002, 09:49 AM
do you have exact directions?

Alien
07-15-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Ive ran into 2 golden saints so far. I ran into one north of Mor Goon(sp?) Constant effect items are very expensive! Thanks for the help. I have also come across two, but killed them without souldtrapping them. If you're looking for one, there is one up by the Ashlander camp called Ahemmusa Camp. On the eastern tip of the island. Also, there is one near the eastern wall of Ald Sotha, the ruin just a little to the north and a little to the east of Vivec. You will also find Roland's Tears there too.

And I don't need to worry about the cost, my character is a rich little fool lol.

JJaX
07-15-2002, 09:57 AM
For you lower level users, You should save it before you fight a golden saint. Cause then have a spell that cancels the soul trap.

Golden saints also pack nice enchanted glass swords too!

Calve
07-15-2002, 11:52 AM
I took an exquisite Shirt and made it do Constant effect bound longblade.

So if you create the item with a "golden saint" soul you get the option of 'constant effect' Then after its all setup swap the "golden saint" with any soul gem and you still get a constant effect :eek:

Well anyways, it comes out costing around 4K and you have a kick ass 1 handed long blade forever that weighs nothing. Even when you take the shirt out of your inventory the blade stays. :eek:

I had the shirt on for a few days than one day i took it off and put it in a crate and i still had the bound sword

Enjoy!

yo what are the stats of the longblade???

Peace

Duke
07-15-2002, 12:00 PM
hmm, i've already killed both of them. There has to be more than two though. I'll post if I find any, post if you do please.

What a worthless post.

JJaX
07-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Calve

yo what are the stats of the longblade???

Peace

There ok.....

Average of id say 40

Something around there, maybe less. The best part about it it weights 0.0. It alos fortifys long blade 10 points ;)

If you wanna get the true stats real quick, In balmora go to the traders house, save your game (so you can reload) and steal the fiend katana, cast it. Its a 9k sword that summons the bound long blade. Give it a test try ;)

Calve
07-15-2002, 12:10 PM
thanks man!!

Peace

JJaX
07-15-2002, 01:10 PM
Oh and BTW, You have to learn the spell bound long blade in order to enchant something with it (Duh!)

You can learn it in one of the mages guild, sadith mora if i recall correctly. But if its not there, No biggie, Just warp to all of them. I just know its not in balmora.

Good luck

Spaztic
07-15-2002, 01:44 PM

There ok.....

Average of id say 40

Something around there, maybe less. The best part about it it weights 0.0. It alos fortifys long blade 10 points ;)

If you wanna get the true stats real quick, In balmora go to the traders house, save your game (so you can reload) and steal the fiend katana, cast it. Its a 9k sword that summons the bound long blade. Give it a test try ;)

nice I am going to get it tonight! umm....do you know what trader in balmora has it?

JJaX
07-15-2002, 01:55 PM
The building 10 feet south of the mages guild.

My house in my game :D :D

Skarp
07-15-2002, 02:03 PM
Do you only have 1 longblade, or a new one everytime you take off the shirt and put it back on?

Skarp
07-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Hrmm, if you enchanted each item of clothing with a "bound" spell, you could theoretically have a weight of like 5 and account for every piece of armor?

Skarp
07-15-2002, 02:05 PM
Or how about one piece of clothing that provides constant effect all the bound armor. Wear one shirt and get a full set of armor? is that possible?

JJaX
07-15-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Skarp
Or how about one piece of clothing that provides constant effect all the bound armor. Wear one shirt and get a full set of armor? is that possible?

Yes you could, but the item you choose to enchant must be able to handle the enchantment. (see the top stat when enchanting) But ive never seen bound paldrons or greaves yet.

The cool thing is, i can take my enchanted shirt off and put it in a crate or whatever and i still have my sword. Its like a part of me now.

jshaudvitis
07-15-2002, 02:43 PM
besides being light and having above average damage does it do any thing like frost or shock dmg.....it would b sweet if it did

JJaX
07-15-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by jshaudvitis
besides being light and having above average damage does it do any thing like frost or shock dmg.....it would b sweet if it did

No and you cant enchant or drop it either........

JJaX
07-16-2002, 07:53 AM
Last night i made a skirt that constant bound, gloves, helmet and boots.

Combine my glass with bound items and i weigh like nothing. My guys even faster now.

Total cost for latest enchantment = 14k

Alien
07-16-2002, 07:55 AM
Last night i made a skirt that constant bound, gloves, helmet and boots.

Combine my glass with bound items and i weigh like nothing. My guys even faster now.

Total cost for latest enchantment = 14k Do you like men dressed in skirts for some reason? :p

Jk

JJaX
07-16-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Alien
Do you like men dressed in skirts for some reason? :p

Jk

Now that you mention it.......NO!

But my character looks cool it this exquisite skirt i got..

Plus i have to wear it to get my bound helmet, gloves, and boots.

If i take it off i lose those summon items, Unlike the curiass and long blade.

symposiumx
07-16-2002, 12:14 PM
For you lower level users, You should save it before you fight a golden saint. Cause then have a spell that cancels the soul trap.

Golden saints also pack nice enchanted glass swords too!

Yes That is SO irritating to cast "Soul Trap" on a Golden saint jsut to have them "Dispel" it right before you kill them.

For that reason, I fight "Ascended Sleepers" usually they are not as quick to react...

Yum yum yum...wrapped corprus meat!! Just like mom use to make!

JJaX
07-16-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx

Yes That is SO irritating to cast "Soul Trap" on a Golden saint jsut to have them "Dispel" it right before you kill them.

For that reason, I fight "Ascended Sleepers" usually they are not as quick to react...

Yum yum yum...wrapped corprus meat!! Just like mom use to make!

Ascended sleepers are worth how much??
Cause i know Golden saints are worth 80K and can create constant effect items.

symposiumx
07-16-2002, 01:57 PM

Ascended sleepers are worth how much??
Cause i know Golden saints are worth 80K and can create constant effect items.

Ascended Sleepers are worth 80k also....same as Golden Saints. you can use EITHER for Constant Effects. Trust me, I have like 5 of each in Gems.

JJaX
07-16-2002, 02:45 PM
I wasnt doubting you ;)

I just was wondering.........

I wonder how much Dogath Oloras is worth. I ran into him but didnt have a grand soul gem on me to soul trap him. So i let him live...................

symposiumx
07-16-2002, 02:49 PM
I wasnt doubting you ;)

I just was wondering.........

I wonder how much Dogath Oloras is worth. I ran into him but didnt have a grand soul gem on me to soul trap him. So i let him live...................

oh MY fault!! I can totally see how my line made it seem like I thought you were doubting!! no no no ...its just a (bad) habit of me to sometimes say "trust me..."

ok...gaming....

Dogath Oloras in a Grand Gem is worth 68k

and not even Constant effect. So you didnt lose out by not trapping him. Save it for A.C's and G.S.'s!

JJaX
07-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx

oh MY fault!! I can totally see how my line made it seem like I thought you were doubting!! no no no ...its just a (bad) habit of me to sometimes say "trust me..."

ok...gaming....

Dogath Oloras in a Grand Gem is worth 68k

and not even Constant effect. So you didnt lose out by not trapping him. Save it for A.C's and G.S.'s!

Thats odd, he seemed tougher than a golden saint.....

But i still gotta go back and kill him. Just for the hell of it :D :D

symposiumx
07-16-2002, 03:04 PM
yes, there IS something so satisfactoy about looking through your inventory and seeing that S.O.B. trapped in your gem!! MU HA HA HA!!

I think I'll start the game over soon.....my guy is too powerful.

most of my skills are 100, all my attributes are 100 (strenght and enduracne of 199 each...NO item enhanced), I have constant effects of : levitate, sanctuary 88%, invisibility, water breathing, health like almost 400, magica of 150)

the Daedra run from me LOL

oh!! off topic...i dont want this to turn into a "my character is the baddest bad@ss this side of the rocky mountains" type thread

does anyone know if in Suran, if you start a fight, if the strippers try to fight you?

"I like me a saucy lil wench!!"

Plewis
07-16-2002, 03:05 PM
golden saints are all over the place. I mean they just arent mapped in a certain spot they are like any other animal You see them everyonce and awhille. You cant kill all of them off. I had one that was actually pretty hard the other day. I had to switch from my ebony longsword to my daedric dai katana to kill her off though

Tkf5000
07-16-2002, 03:12 PM
yea i was going to make a constant afect thing when i fell like curoing myself of vampirism. o and there is a golden saint in bal fell (the shrine ball fell not the region)

symposiumx
07-16-2002, 03:20 PM
yeah,..,.I noticed around most shrines at level 15+ that golden saints are around.

Tkf5000
07-16-2002, 03:50 PM
has anyone put dagoth ur in a soul gem? im not sure if you can do it but itd porbly be worth a pretty penny. itd be funny too.

symposiumx
07-16-2002, 04:01 PM
that WOULD be pretty funny! but unfortuanatly, I dont think you can do it.

take the dagoth ur - occupied soul gem, and shove it up some bull netch's butthole.....so long cap~i~tan!!!

"its the medication talking...I swear!"

Tkf5000
07-16-2002, 04:20 PM
lol. i dont think you can do it either cuz u dont kill him yourself u use some maic artifact or sumthin.

symposiumx
07-16-2002, 04:22 PM
yeah...you use artifacts...but still..that would have been cool.

have you "won" the game yet? I am trying to decide what I want to do after I win......vampire? killing spree? go kill vivec hahaha

Tkf5000
07-16-2002, 04:28 PM
no. you dont win the game.after tha min quest go onto the house quests or the faction quests. if you get far enough in a certain house you become leader and u get a stronghold and stuff. theer is plenty to do.

symposiumx
07-16-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
no. you dont win the game.after tha min quest go onto the house quests or the faction quests. if you get far enough in a certain house you become leader and u get a stronghold and stuff. theer is plenty to do.

oh I know that. i menat after the main quest and faction quests, etc. then I guess I should just kill everyone and then start over?

"Kill 'em all...let God sort 'em out!"

Tkf5000
07-16-2002, 05:24 PM
it would take forever to complete everything and u will nedd the guide. id make sure everyone in that town was done with then id wipe outthat town. but make sureu do all th quests and make sure u let the people u will need later live.

symposiumx
07-16-2002, 05:55 PM
yeah!! true.

its fun sometimes to save your game...then jsut go on a muderous rampage!!

I'm too much of a chicken-sh*t to save it afterward LOL

jshaudvitis
07-16-2002, 08:58 PM
when i get ****ed and go on a killin spree i use my "hit me Biatch" amulet that frenzys humanoid and i take out the gaurds and ppl on the streets, then i go to my guilds and make sure i didnt kill a person to get me expeled, and if im not expeled i save

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 08:47 AM
lol. your losing a lot of quests that way. normal people give u side quests to. and sometimes its very rewarding.