PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster Employee Puttin Down XBox

Skarp
07-15-2002, 01:47 PM
I have heard people tell stories of people putting down xbox stuff so I decided to tell mine.

I had played Outlaw Golf at my friend's house and thought it looked pretty cool so I decided to rent it. I go to blockbuster and right before I am about to rent it the workers tells me, "I heard it's not that good. Try Tiger Woods game for PS2."

That statement just pised the @#$% out of me.

First of all, I have played Tiger Woods game and now after playing Outlaw Golf it is no where near as good.

Second, all the employee said was "I heard". Not "I played", but just heard. How can you go ahead and tell a customer what or what not to rent from what you have heard.

Why does it seem that people are so quick to put down the xbox? By the end of this year I believe it could be the dominating system. Just wish I could tell people that now.

Snapple
07-15-2002, 02:06 PM
i hate that two

people are jugding xbox when they never played it(and they say they played it a wal-mart,and wal-mart just puts up demos and crap games)

my friend loved ps2 and thought xbox was crap then i told him to come to my house and well play some games so we did and the next day he thought the xbox ruled

i dont mean to sound like much of a fanboy here but people need to shut the hell up about xbox if they never really played it

rocksback
07-15-2002, 02:37 PM
I hate that also! I love Tiger woods games but Outlaw Golf will really keep me busy for a while. I heard that sales people are told to try to sell ps2 while it is still here because ps3 will be here shortly and they'll have to get rid of their stock.

Invalid Name
07-15-2002, 02:52 PM
The guy never said "XBOX sucks" or nothing like that so how do you see that as "putting down XBOX". He works at the freakin blockbuster, he probably had conversations with people that rented and didn't like it. He was just trying to help. If you ask me, you guys are worst than him.

Zion
07-15-2002, 04:01 PM
Well the guy works at Blockbuster...he's not exactly 'in the know'. You should probably feel sorry for him if that's the best job he can get.

Snapple
07-15-2002, 04:13 PM
well at my wal-mart they just have demos

damn how many friggin pses are they going to have?????

they dont even give you time to enjoy your consle before they put a new one out:mad: and its way to early for xbox to make an xbox2:(

chili325
07-15-2002, 04:38 PM
I have nothing against people who state their opinion of games that theyve played. But when the person hears that the game is not good they should not go advertising that opinion when they have nothing to back it up.

Skarp
07-15-2002, 04:51 PM
Invalid Name:
I was upset over the fact he told me an xbox game sucked which he had never played then he referred me to a PS2 game. Almost like saying, why do you even have that system.

It is just something I thought I would bring up, and see how other people felt on the situation.

Snapple
07-15-2002, 05:29 PM
im not saying there is going to be an xbox2 but if theres a ps3 like this summer then xbox cant make a xbox2 cause its way to early

xbox2 the graphics would be unreal:eek:

i think sony is worried that xbox will beat it in the sales(damn that sony)

Tkf5000
07-15-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Invalid Name
The guy never said "XBOX sucks" or nothing like that so how do you see that as "putting down XBOX". He works at the freakin blockbuster, he probably had conversations with people that rented and didn't like it. He was just trying to help. If you ask me, you guys are worst than him.
your sayin it cuz your a ps2 fanboy. ur the guy that made the thread about they need a ps2 addict!

Zion
07-15-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
XBOX 2? When...that sucks..o well Im still getting my xbox

Yeah, you'll have to 'suffer' with your Xbox for 4 years until Xbox2 comes out.

Snoopy7548
07-15-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Skarp
Second, all the employee said was "I heard". Not "I played", but just heard. How can you go ahead and tell a customer what or what not to rent from what you have heard.

lol, thats just like smilebit:D

Invalid Name
07-15-2002, 06:09 PM
your sayin it cuz your a ps2 fanboy. ur the guy that made the thread about they need a ps2 addict!

Only a fanboy would call someone else a fanboy.

Invalid Name
07-15-2002, 06:18 PM

But did he ever say to get Tiger Woods just because its on PS2? No. He said it because Tiger Woods was better(in which it is). You guys need to stop being so sensitive with your XBOX's.

bbchs_trash
07-15-2002, 10:17 PM

Only a fanboy would call someone else a fanboy.

Only someone with less than 10 posts would say that...

Go back to playing your Playstation. If you don't own at least two consoles you don't have the right to call someone a fanboy, Fanboy!

Invalid Name
07-15-2002, 10:42 PM
Only someone with less than 10 posts would say that...

:rolleyes:
Hmm...that has alot of validation coming from someone with just 54.

Go back to playing your Playstation. If you don't own at least two consoles you don't have the right to call someone a fanboy, Fanboy

I own XBOX, Gamecube, and PS2, so I guess that gives me the right to call people fanboys. Fanboy!

Tkf5000
07-16-2002, 02:29 PM
you a fanboy to,fanboy. your the guy that posted the thraed about wheres the gc and ps2 addict? why dont u go to some ps2 site? your gettin on everybodys nerves. and 54 is a lot more than 10. and i will admit i like xbox. call me a fanboy. it dont hurt. xbox is superior so if im a xbox fanboy and your a gc or ps2 fanboy we know a xbox fanboy is better than a ps2 or gc fangirl.

HarryParatestes
07-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Skarp
Invalid Name:
I was upset over the fact he told me an xbox game sucked which he had never played then he referred me to a PS2 game.

Then why did you name your thread "Blockbuster Employee Puttin Down XBox"? He put down the game, not the system.

Almost like saying, why do you even have that system.

You must be rather clairvoyant to know what the guy was thinking/implying without him saying it.

Invalid Name
07-16-2002, 07:11 PM
your the guy that posted the thraed about wheres the gc and ps2 addict? why dont u go to some ps2 site?
Why don't you go eat your mom?

your gettin on everybodys nerves.
Oh, so you speek for everyone now. I hope all the other members have a higher level of competence than you.

xbox is superior so if im a xbox fanboy and your a gc or ps2 fanboy we know a xbox fanboy is better than a ps2 or gc fangirl.
You can spell fanboy but not thread. What a shame.

chili325
07-16-2002, 07:50 PM
Another prime example of a valid post turned to flames(hehe...Creative pun) anyway, i think that u should all go on xbconnect and take this out in a deathmatch!!!!

P.S. 1ST SIG! Good? Bad? wadda u think

Snapple
07-16-2002, 08:46 PM
invaild name for a guy with 13 post you shure talk alot of ****

fanboy

Invalid Name
07-16-2002, 08:49 PM
fanboy
Ok, If I'm a fanboy what am I a fanboy of?

Snapple
07-16-2002, 09:10 PM
well scince your always dissen xbox then ps2 our gc

Invalid Name
07-16-2002, 09:26 PM
well scince your always dissen xbox then ps2 our gc

Name one time I dissed XBOX.

Sleazy P Martini
07-16-2002, 09:41 PM
Will you guys stop throwing the word fanboy around like a freaking football. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Dyslexic Chaos
07-16-2002, 09:43 PM
Everyone leave Invalid Name alone, you guys sound like preschoolers, jesus, your embarresing me. He's not a fanboy and he never once dissed the Xbox. You guys can't even take constructive critism. Y don't u FANBOYS (Ohh, not that!!!) admit the Xbox is not perfect, and neither is the PS2 or GC, but they all rock, because they all have great games, and I, personally, as I've said before, love games, not systems.

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 09:00 AM

Name one time I dissed XBOX.
im not gunna call you a fanboy thats like a compliment, your a fangirl. and u dissed xbox in all your posts. you made a thread about they need a ps2addict. and im not speaking for myself because everyone else said the same thingwhen they responded to your thread.

Snapple
07-17-2002, 09:07 AM
ok ill admit it ps2 and gc arent perfict

BUT XBOX IS

heheheheheheh:D

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 09:11 AM
lol. why dont u tell that to invalid user. he cant get it thru his head.

Snapple
07-17-2002, 09:40 AM
invaild user why cant you get it through your head

Skarp
07-17-2002, 11:43 AM
Everyone get over it.
In my opinion, I believe the blockbuster dude was hinting towards the statement, "why do you have an xbox".

Invalid Name, in his opinion, thinks I am a fanboy. Whatever, its his opinion, leave em alone.

Invalid Name
07-17-2002, 12:51 PM
im not gunna call you a fanboy thats like a compliment, your a fangirl. and u dissed xbox in all your posts. you made a thread about they need a ps2addict. and im not speaking for myself because everyone else said the same thingwhen they responded to your thread.

Just because I made a thread about having a PS2addict doesn't mean I was dissing XBOX.

Ok, now lets go to my posts and really see if I dissed XBOX:

Was I putting down XBOX there?

But did he ever say to get Tiger Woods just because its on PS2? No. He said it because Tiger Woods was better(in which it is). You guys need to stop being so sensitive with your XBOX's.
Here?

I own XBOX, Gamecube, and PS2, so I guess that gives me the right to call people fanboys. Fanboy!
I know not here

Hey, I'm new here and I have a question. You guys have XBOX Addict and GBA Addict. Wheres the PS2 or Gamecube Addict?
If you think I was being a fanboy here, then you have a serious problem.
So, this is the big question, where was I ever dissing XBOX?
I tried to have a mature discussion and all you people did was call me names. But you guys are probably only 13 or 14 so I forgive your immaturity

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 12:58 PM
some of those do put down xbox. and you have 17 posts. you probly dont want ot show all of em cuz they probly are really hatefull towards xbox. saying wheres ps addict really does put down xbox. you must not be 13 or 14 to realize this, your probly 7.

Invalid Name
07-17-2002, 01:01 PM
Which posts exactly were I putting down XBOX on, all my other posts are in the trading forumn and off-topic lounge.

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 01:04 PM
how should i know im not a mind reader.

Invalid Name
07-17-2002, 01:06 PM
Well then why are calling me a fanboy?

Skarp
07-17-2002, 02:03 PM
Fighting on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, your still retarted.

Invalid Name
07-17-2002, 02:10 PM
I'm not fighting. I'm just trying to let everyone know that I was called a fanboy for absolutely no reason. They said I was dissing XBOX so I asked them where I was dissing XBOX and they couldn't tell me.

Dyslexic Chaos
07-17-2002, 03:45 PM
So let me get this straight. Invalid Name (I will call him IN from now on) thinks there should be a GC and PS2 addict, because he ALSO (keyword being ALSO) loves those systems and isn't a Fanboy, and you call him a fanboy. So let me get this straight, If you like any system other than the Xbox, that makes you a fanboy? Where did u guys to to school. Oh, and BTW, calling someone a "fangirl" and calling it worse than being a fanboy is VERY sexist.

Skarp
07-17-2002, 04:57 PM
I respected his opinion, don't include me in that group.

But anyway, let fanboys be fanboys, if they get their **** and giggles from it, then so be it.

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 05:12 PM
i wasnt even the one that started it so u cant blame me go blame the people that started saying crap about how thats stoopid to make a gc and ps2 addict.

Dyslexic Chaos
07-17-2002, 11:38 PM
C'mon, you guys know that I don't mean u. I mean the people who call him a fanboy for wanting a Gc or PS2 addict. I personally there should be a Video Games addict so that everyone can enjoy it.

Tkf5000
07-18-2002, 03:57 PM
youve been sticking up for tha guy just because you decided you were gunna get a ps2. your sticking up for a ps2 fan in a xbox forum, thats messed up.

Invalid Name
07-18-2002, 04:23 PM
youve been sticking up for tha guy just because you decided you were gunna get a ps2. your sticking up for a ps2 fan in a xbox forum, thats messed up.

I own all consoles and love them all. I like XBOX more and if you dont believe I'd be willing to kick your a$$ in a quick game of Halo online. Even my desktop is pro XBOX.

Tkf5000
07-18-2002, 04:27 PM
if u think xbox is so good then why dont u say it? say xbox rulz and stop making comments about how xbox sux.

Invalid Name
07-18-2002, 04:31 PM
I NEVER SAID XBOX SUCKED YOU F*CKING IDIOT!!!

Invalid Name
07-18-2002, 04:32 PM
and by the way........XBOX RULZ!!!!!!

Tkf5000
07-18-2002, 04:34 PM
yep.

E Nomini Patri
07-18-2002, 05:29 PM
Here, this should settle things down a bit:

Dyslexic Chaos
07-18-2002, 10:56 PM
WHAT THE HELL. I'M STICKING UP FOR A GAMES FAN,D*MN IT!!!! I'M SOOOOO SORRY I LIKE GAMES THAT ARE ON OTHER SYSTEMS AND I APOLOGIZE FOR OFFENDING YOU!!!! WHAT, SO I BOUGHT A PS2, SO NOW I'M, AUTOMATICALLY A FANBOY. WTF IS UP WITH THAT!!! AM I NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE OTHER CONSOLES!!!?!!! I STILL LIKES THE XBOX THE MOST, AND XBOX ROX, OK? BUT I WANT A PS2 AND GC ALSO, AND I DON'T SEE HOW THAT MAKES ME A FANBOY!!!! BUT APPARENTLY LIKING ALL SYSTEMS MAKES ME (SOMEHOW, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY) A FANBOY!!!! BTW, I'VE ALWAYS DEFENDED PEOPLE WHO LIKE MULTIPLE CONSOLES, NOT JUST SINCE I GOT A PS2. GOD, YOU GUYS JUST LOVE TO START FIGHTS, DON'T YOU. GOD, LEAVE SOME PEOPLE ALONE. IF WE START TALKING ABOUT PS2 OR GC GAMES, AND YOU DON'T CARE, THAN JUST DON'T REPLY!!! CHRIST, Y DO U GUYS GET SO OFFENDED, I JUST DON'T SEE IT!!!!! *Takes Ritalin* mmmm, much better. Bye now :).

Nerrad529
07-19-2002, 11:19 AM
I bet ya that kid never probally even played the xbox so he has no clue what is goin on. Ive played every system for many hours 1xbox 2gamecube 3ps2.

Invalid Name
07-19-2002, 12:04 PM
Dude, this topic is finished. Now stop trying to fan the flames and just shut up.