PDA

View Full Version : I'm giving in, but boy am I glad I am

Dyslexic Chaos
07-15-2002, 08:39 PM
This thursday, Since my job has gotten a major rise in hours as of the summer, I am getting a PS2 and GTA3 and I CANNOT WAIT. I love my Xbox and will always cherrish it, will always consider it equal to the PS2 and will never sell it, but I couldn't Resist the Lure or games like GTA3, VF4, Devil May Cry, MOH: Frontline, and Brittneys Dance Beat (J/K about BDB) any longer. And with great games like GT3, TM:B, and Red Faction only being 25$, and the recent price drop, I couldn't resist, and I don't feel bad about giving in yet, and although I don't have it yet, I'm sure I'll be a very happy man this thursday. So, in closing, I just want to say, happy gaming, no matter what system(s) your playing on, Because, whether you want to admit it or not, you can't really go wrong with the big 3, no matter which one(s) you choose. Hell, I may even get a GCN soon also...

chili325
07-15-2002, 09:09 PM
dont care

faceoff508
07-15-2002, 09:09 PM
Cool... but I dont see why GTA3 is so great. I know its fun to kill people but isnt that all you do. The missions are always the same (kill people) but diffrent people to kill. Isnt that a bad idea for a game, I could agree that its fun but it has no point to it. All you do is kill, have sex and kill more!!

Dyslexic Chaos
07-15-2002, 09:20 PM
What do you think you do in halo? you shoot covenant and Flood. It doesn't vary much but it's still hella fun. It's not always about what you do, but how you do it. Oh, chilli, I really dont care that you don't care, because your just a spamming tard. I hate 1 sentence responses that give nothing to a conversation.

faceoff508
07-15-2002, 09:44 PM
In Halo you have to strategize (Only if your playing on Heroic and Legendary) you have to out smart the very smart AI (lol). You think that becuase you only play it on Easy and Normal. But if you play it on legendary you will see what I mean.

y2kash_14
07-15-2002, 09:47 PM
GTA3 is a fun, but repetitive game, how DARE you compare it to Halo.

faceoff508
07-15-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
GTA3 is a fun, but repetitive game, how DARE you compare it to Halo.

The reviews say GTA3 is much better than Halo. But it only the critics. Right?:confused:

y2kash_14
07-15-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

The reviews say GTA3 is much better than Halo. But it only the critics. Right?:confused:

what review said that? I've never seen anywhere that Halo is better than GTA3, i dont really trust Reviews anyway though

hook-worm J
07-15-2002, 11:18 PM
Well, if gta3 was all you wanted, I'd say just buy it for the pc. Unless you have a POS comp.

Alien
07-15-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

what review said that? I've never seen anywhere that Halo is better than GTA3, i dont really trust Reviews anyway though lol, probaby www.wehatexbox.com's reviews for those two games...

Frink
07-15-2002, 11:34 PM
Well, PS2 is a fine choice. I have one myself...but I don't consider it equal to my Xbox. If the DVD player in the PS2 was better...it might come close...but the DVD player is incompatible with a lot of DVD's. There are a lot of good games out there...so I hope you enjoyed your choice. I'm happy you didn't sell your Xbox though (which seems to be the growing trend). Also...all the reviews I have read say Halo is much better than GTA 3.

DOOM
07-15-2002, 11:51 PM
Some People Just Love To Waste their Money On Two Year Old Systems...:confused:

Fixxer
07-16-2002, 01:41 AM
GTA 3 - Great... but gets old
Devil May Cry - Short.. IIRC, and no replay value
MOH: Frontline - Aim sucks ****!
-------------------------------------------------------------

PS2 is alright, but for those games its not worth it.

faceoff508
07-16-2002, 11:30 AM
Let me see:

From IGN:

GTA3: 9.6
Halo: 9.7

From Gamespot:

GTA3: 9.6
Halo: 9.7

From Gamespy:

GTA3: 94/100
Halo: 85/100

Snoopy7548
07-16-2002, 11:56 AM
if i had a choice between buying the ps2 and gamecube, id buy the gamecube. it has so many great games and stuff. lol.

Knight
07-16-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
Some People Just Love To Waste their Money On Two Year Old Systems...:confused:

But it's his chose to make good or bad and his money!! So let him waste it any way he choses to!!

Dyslexic Chaos
07-16-2002, 09:34 PM
To all the people who say I'm wasting my money, your all just a bunch of fanboys, because you'd know that the PS2 has alot of great games, as does the Xbox and gamecube. I decided to get the PS2 over the GC because it has more games that I'd enjoy. AND, i'm not saying I like the PS2 more than the Xbox, so stop making **** up. I like them all, because, unlike some fanboys *Cough*Mike, doom, etc.*Cough*, I like games, not systems. and know, I'm not just getting the PS2 for those games. I just didn't feel like writing all the games I want. So, again, I'm not going to be a PS2 fanboy, unlike some of you, I like ALL systems and don't feel a need to defend my purchases unless provoked. Let me buy what I want, and, like mom used to say, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all :)

DOOM
07-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B
*Cough*Mike, doom, etc.*Cough*
Keep Coughing Buddy! Cause Soon Youll Have To Cough Up Another $140. For the PS2,HD & Another $40. For the Modem!
Sure, I Like Games Too... I Like Them Too Look the Best they Can Be... Not The Way they Are Displayed On A Two Year Old Piece Of Hardware! Sheit, If It Was Only About The Games We Would All Be Still Using NES & The MasterSystem!!!
Its Not About Being A FANBOY, Its About Having Common Sense!

Dyslexic Chaos
07-16-2002, 10:06 PM
Doom, if you had actually read my post, or you need glasses, I'll make it bigger for you, I'M NOT SELLING MY XBOX, I just have a bunch of games that I love on the PS2 that I want to play. So, if I want to play online, I'll just use Xbox Live. and if all that matter to you is graphics, then your pretty sad my friend. And to everyone who's opinion is "XBox ROX, PS2 and GC SUXXX!!!!!" you have a right to your opinion, but that doesn't make it right, it just makes you look like a blind fanboy jackass. Why can't you admit that all the systems are good. There isn't THAT much differerce between the PS2, GC, and Xbox. Sure, it's very noticable, but just because the PS2 isn't as powerful as the Xbox, doesn't mean that the PS2 can't have good games, unless your idea of a good game is something with good graphics. I, on the other hand, like Substance. again, good gaming to every1, no matter what system(s) it's on. PEACE!!!

DOOM
07-16-2002, 10:17 PM
it just makes you look like a blind fanboy jackass
Whats With This Name Calling BS, Keep It Up! What Are You like 10?
Dude, I Own A Game Shop! I Have All The Consoles Hooked Up To High Def TV's In My Shop For People To Demo... I Play & Watch Games 7 Days A Week, Mon Through Sun, 10AMto 9PM!
I Know The Difference Man, Save It For A Freaking Newbie!
Why Waste The Money On An Inferior System When You Can Use It To Get More XBOX Stuff! Sure Some Of The Games On PS2 Are Cool But Most Are Coming To XBOX Anyway!

Snoopy7548
07-17-2002, 01:52 PM
yea. and he should have at least gotten a gc, instead of a ps2. gamecube is way better than the ps2. it has a lot of great games

Skarp
07-17-2002, 01:57 PM
I think the only unreleased PS2 exclusives games that I would consider are Devil May Cry2, and FFXI. Enix actually has a couple coming out that look good though.

Anyway, I was thinking of buying a second system but I just don't have the money. Have fun

Snoopy7548
07-17-2002, 02:15 PM
if i wanted to buy a 2nd system, id get the gamecube. the ps2 doesnt really have any games that interest me (gta3 is the only one, but i can just get that for the pc). the gamecube has alot of nintendo games like star fox, mario, metroid, and some others. the ps2 gets mostly crap games, like casper the friendly ghost, the winnie the pooh games, britneys dance beat, etc. lol

JimmieDoogan
07-17-2002, 02:24 PM
GOOD MOVE BRO. Welcome to gamer land. You are no longer limiting yourself to one part of the experiance but rather opening yourself up to the whole thing. I myself own every system under the sun (released in the USA) except for the NeoGeo CD system. I even still have Intelevision games. I'm sure you'll have a great deal of fun as I've had with your expanded horizens. My most recent purchase was a Nintendo Gamecube. It's quite cute, and unfortunately there really isn't much worth owning for it, I'd bought it for a few classic franchise's I've always loved. Mario and what not. Enjoy!!!!!

Master coder
07-17-2002, 02:41 PM
why are u guys hating on the ps2 and gta3 has to be the best game ive played in my life its not all the same missions and its great the best mission is when u take a guys car put a bomb in it and bring it back and kobbom wasted its lotts of diffrent missions i got it last year for christmas and i still play it now i just finished completing it for the 11th time its cool when i said it was the best game i played in my life that might change tommorow at10.00 am when i get my xbox i want to see whats so good about halo and by the way is the connections from the xbox to the tv the same as ps2 is it like that big thing u put at the back of your tv or the thin little thing u plug in the back like the n64 please awnser and im in the uk and gta3 is one of the top games

Skarp
07-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Master coder
why are u guys hating on the ps2 and gta3 has to be the best game ive played in my life its not all the same missions and its great the best mission is when u take a guys car put a bomb in it and bring it back and kobbom wasted its lotts of diffrent missions i got it last year for christmas and i still play it now i just finished completing it for the 11th time its cool when i said it was the best game i played in my life that might change tommorow at10.00 am when i get my xbox i want to see whats so good about halo and by the way is the connections from the xbox to the tv the same as ps2 is it like that big thing u put at the back of your tv or the thin little thing u plug in the back like the n64 please awnser and im in the uk and gta3 is one of the top games

Do they not believe in periods in the UK? Or grammar.

After reading your passage, the fact that you have beaten GTA3 eleven times and you still like it makes complete sense to me.

DemonAlcohol
07-17-2002, 03:14 PM
LMAO

khaos2005
07-17-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Master coder

Yeah I agree. My grandmother is 72 and she has more periods than you. Use english like it was supposed to be used man.

Dyslexic Chaos
07-17-2002, 03:36 PM
my A** you own a game store. thats sooo laughable. If you REALLY owned a game store you wouldn't hate the PS2 for it's graphics, but love it for it's games. I love all systems for the games. oh, and snoopy, I hope u know your saying the same damn thing over, and over, and over, and over... I DONT WANT A GAMECUBE RIGHT NOW OKAY!!!!!! I WANT A PS2 BECAUSE IT HAS MUCH MORE GAMES THAT I WANT! What you like is fine, Nintendo makes great games, but I don't feel like playing Nintendo games much anymore, ok. So please, stop w/ vthe gamecube stuff. I'll probably have 1 by summers end anyway, have all 3 systems and be done with it.

Skarp
07-17-2002, 03:43 PM
he does own a gamestore

khaos2005
07-17-2002, 03:46 PM
Yes, indeed he does. It's been common knowledge around here for quite some time.

Dyslexic Chaos
07-17-2002, 03:47 PM
As if. What proof does he have. Just because he's been saying it. Well, in that case, I'm a billionaire with everygame ever made, and if I say that long enough here, well, it must be true. So that makes my opinion better then yours I guess.

khaos2005
07-17-2002, 03:52 PM
And although Jerred B is kind of cọcky and arrogant, I think he means well. He's simply trying to say that people should put aside their differences and dislikes of another system, not be such a fanboy, and buy all the current systems, to get the most out of life.

Or you could have just one system, and dedicate free time and money to it, instead of spreading it out over 3 or 4 systems, waisting even more time and especially money. When you are not sitting in a room playing all 4 consoles that you own, you can be outside and be active and get some sun. Having one system, Xbox, may mean you get more sunburn, but at least you remain somewhat lean and fit.

What the hell I'm talking about, I have no idea.

khaos2005
07-17-2002, 03:53 PM
As if. What proof does he have. Just because he's been saying it. Well, in that case, I'm a billionaire with everygame ever made, and if I say that long enough here, well, it must be true. So that makes my opinion better then yours I guess.

What proof do you have that he doesn't own a game store?

I rest my case peacefully, like any Bard would.

Dyslexic Chaos
07-17-2002, 03:57 PM
well, what proof do you have that I'm not a billionaire with every game ever made? I rest my case.

khaos2005
07-17-2002, 04:00 PM
well, what proof do you have that I'm not a billionaire with every game ever made? I rest my case.

None you douche bag. Did I ever say that you weren't a billionaire? No. I rest my case, for the final time.

Dyslexic Chaos
07-17-2002, 04:04 PM
You know, i'm getting tired of defending myself. Let's just drop it, ok? I'm sick of coming here and saying that I love games,not systems, and that the PS2 has lots of games I want. Listen, if you own just an Xbox, and love it, fine, great, fantastic, have fun. But I just want to broaden my horizons a little. I'm sure you all are great guys and thats why I want to drop this subject so that we all don't go stark raving mad over me buying a PS2. sound good?

khaos2005
07-17-2002, 04:13 PM
I did stick up for you at first, if you recall.

Regardless, I've owned all the brands, just not at the same time. I had two Nintendos (NES, SNES) and a Playstation, the original. I've loved them all, and now I own an Xbox. I just don't see how conventional it is to own all 3 or 4 systems, because then you have to buy supplies and games for just that many more. That was my only reason. I dislike fanboys myself, but I was only stating that most people aren't going to want to own every system, that's all. I see your point though.

Dyslexic Chaos
07-17-2002, 04:39 PM
actually, after the initial cost of the systems, contollers, etc. is gone, it's not neccesarily more expensive. For example, say you usually buy 2 games a month for Xbox, the 2 games you want most, then u buy a ps2, well, then you just buy the 2 games a month you want on either the PS2 or Xbox, not neccesarily 2 for eacxh, see what I mean.

Casper
07-17-2002, 04:43 PM
This thursday, Since my job has gotten a major rise in hours as of the summer, I am getting a PS2 and GTA3 and I CANNOT WAIT. I love my Xbox and will always cherrish it, will always consider it equal to the PS2 and will never sell it, but I couldn't Resist the Lure or games like GTA3, VF4, Devil May Cry, MOH: Frontline, and Brittneys Dance Beat (J/K about BDB) any longer. And with great games like GT3, TM:B, and Red Faction only being 25$, and the recent price drop, I couldn't resist, and I don't feel bad about giving in yet, and although I don't have it yet, I'm sure I'll be a very happy man this thursday. So, in closing, I just want to say, happy gaming, no matter what system(s) your playing on, Because, whether you want to admit it or not, you can't really go wrong with the big 3, no matter which one(s) you choose. Hell, I may even get a GCN soon also...

<center>http://www.gametavern.net/forums/images/smilies/fanboy.gif</center>

That is just for all the call outs that you have made. Woohoo...your getting an PoS2, sorry you had to waste the money 2 years after the system came out. Save this crap for the Console Debate, cuz obviously, no one cares about it here. :rolleyes:

And btw, get off of Doom's back, if you really want to find out if he owns the store, why don't you go down to Brooklyn and find out. I am in 2 weeks, cuz i have heard about it on here...and being that he as a site that he fully supports, I think that is enough circumstantial evidence for that point. ;)

Dyslexic Chaos
07-17-2002, 04:53 PM
How does buying a PS2 make me a fanboy? Just because I want to own a system other than Xbox, that makes me a fanboy? grow up and use common sense.

Casper
07-17-2002, 05:43 PM
It's all good dude, I am grown up, and at least have a life, unlike you, just by judging the games on your sig.

The reason why I referred to you as the fanboy was because you were the one that used it about 3 or 4 times per post. And the whole thing that you dissed Doom just T'd me off anymore :rolleyes:

DZNUTZ
07-17-2002, 06:30 PM
have fun its your money
i would have picked a gc of ps2, just cuz i have all three and i think the gc compliments the xbox better (ie big N has those fun exclusives that xbox don't....most ps2 games get ported to xbox and are better on xbox)
anyone who says gta3 isn't one of the best games eva made deserves to have their xbox shoved up their fanboy ash
dude, congrats on your purchase, but this does belong in off topic or the debate forum....what type of response did u expect you were gonna get
have fun
:)

DOOM
07-17-2002, 06:52 PM
my A** you own a game store
http://members.aol.com/xbox2407/myhomepage/gp.jpg
http://www.game-planet.150m.com/
Yes, I Do Own A Game Shop! Why Is It So Impossible? I Am 31 Man... Save Some Money, Make the Rite Connections, Learn About buisness (& How To Be Nicer To People) Then Maybe You Can Have one Too!
Come On In Or Gimme A Call... Ask For CHRIS!!!
When You Come In Mention XBA & Get TAX OFF Any Game Or Peripheral!!!
Thanks For Sticking Up For Me Guys... This Jerred Guy Is Well Umm...... Lets Just Leave It At That!
Later!!!

CALzinger
07-17-2002, 07:16 PM
whats the point in this thread again?

Snoopy7548
07-17-2002, 07:40 PM
hey DOOM, your name is chris? so is mine. lol:D :)

BigGamer X
07-17-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
GOOD MOVE BRO. Welcome to gamer land. You are no longer limiting yourself to one part of the experiance but rather opening yourself up to the whole thing. I myself own every system under the sun (released in the USA) except for the NeoGeo CD system. I even still have Intelevision games. I'm sure you'll have a great deal of fun as I've had with your expanded horizens. My most recent purchase was a Nintendo Gamecube. It's quite cute, and unfortunately there really isn't much worth owning for it, I'd bought it for a few classic franchise's I've always loved. Mario and what not. Enjoy!!!!! Do you have a Neo Geo cart system? I do:) (but no cd) I look at thing's like you do. If you have all the system's, you get to play ton's of great game's, you aren't really subjected to game drought's ! It is ok to have favorite's, though, but no reason to be a biased fanboy. Yes, I think xbox is the best and if I HAD to get rid of all but one, I'd keep xbox. However, this is not the case:D .....I keep them all because I see value in all of them. http://home.light.att.net/~magilord/hehe.jpg

Snoopy7548
07-17-2002, 07:51 PM
i wish i was you. lol. i have like that same exact clock in my family room! lol. what game are u playin on the tv? lol:)

Dyslexic Chaos
07-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Let's drop it already!! I'm sure Doom is a nice guy and owns a games store, but I DON'T CARE!!!! I wish I did, but right now I can't. I wish him well and hope he becomes very happy and has great buisness, because as a fellow gamer, i respect him, but I was just defending myself, and I admit I went to far, and I apologize for that. I want a PS2 and thats final, as off 10am tommorow I'll have one. Like I said, u like Xbox only, great, have fun, It's still incredible to have 1.

P.S. whats wrong with my games? I think all of my games are great (except maybe sonic shuffle and Space channel 5, but they were cheap). I only buy about 2-3 new games a month. the only reason I have so many PSX and DC games is they are cheap, so I can buy about 4 or 5 for every Xbox game.

DZNUTZ
07-18-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i wish i was you. lol. i have like that same exact clock in my family room! lol. what game are u playin on the tv? lol:)

hey snoop...um do u take ridilan or prozac or something of that nature?

borka105
07-18-2002, 09:54 AM
DZNUTZ- LMAO. THat's the first great post on this thread.

BTW- Jerred goodluck!! If I had the money I would do the exact same thing.

-Borka105

Snoopy7548
07-18-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

hey snoop...um do u take ridilan or prozac or something of that nature?

lol, no. im normal:D

Spaztic
07-18-2002, 11:21 AM
Hey Jarred I am not knocking you but instead of spending $200+ have you ever considered a mod chip. There are tons of emulators on the xbox right now with more being made daily....So in other words, I will be playing all of the ps2 games you bought on my xbox for free - time to download! It will save you some money! I understand what you are saying and all, but why spend 200+ for a handful of games, that aren't really as good as you might think! Just trying to help you out...

ok everyone flame on!

...I don't know about you snoopy, but you better stop pm'ing me to hook you up with some crack!

Snoopy7548
07-18-2002, 11:26 AM
lol, im not pming you. anyway, u can play ps2 games on the xbox with a modchip? sh*t thats sweet, im definitely gonna buy one now:D

Dyslexic Chaos
07-18-2002, 10:51 PM
I wosh I could find a modchip, but I live in a relatively small town. about 50,000 people. Besides, I would't want to void my Xbox warrenty.

khaos2005
07-18-2002, 11:04 PM
50,000 is small? Haha, yeah right man.

Dyslexic Chaos
07-18-2002, 11:11 PM
I also live in canada, so i'd have to import the chip. also, I tried to get a mod chip from my EB or Microplay, but they wan't nothin to do with them. Oh well...

Snoopy7548
07-19-2002, 09:33 AM
I also live in canada, so i'd have to import the chip. also, I tried to get a mod chip from my EB or Microplay, but they wan't nothin to do with them. Oh well...

lol!! dude, regular stores like that dont sell them. theyre ILLEGAL. lol. you gotta order them online.

Nerrad529
07-19-2002, 11:13 AM
Hell if you got the money do it up. If i bought another system besides xbox I probally would go with a gamecube cause iam a perfect dark fiend. Iam pretty sure that game will be comin out.

Spaztic
07-19-2002, 01:44 PM
dude if you go the the site on my sig it will tell you everything you will ever want to know about chips, they even sell them.....but then again if you try to get a chip from a store...you probably don't have an idea how to get anything to play with it....LOL!

Dyslexic Chaos
07-19-2002, 02:10 PM
About getting a GC for perfect Dark, I don't know if it'll be on the GC, because rumor has it (in EGM) that rare will be developing Games on other systems soon, including a sequel to Conkers bad fur day on Xbox. just a rumor though.

Dre
07-19-2002, 02:39 PM
About getting a GC for perfect Dark, I don't know if it'll be on the GC, because rumor has it (in EGM) that rare will be developing Games on other systems soon, including a sequel to Conkers bad fur day on Xbox. just a rumor though.

That would be really cool. Rare couldn't make any Donkey Kong or anything since the characters are licensed, but Conker would be pretty sweet to have!