PDA

View Full Version : Will Star Wars save the XBOX?

BCan
07-16-2002, 07:21 AM
It seems as if we have some very good Star Wars games on the way, are these the kind of games that will make more people buy the XBOX

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast - great on PC
Knights of the Old Republic - looks great
Galaxies: Empire Divided - Wow!!

Discuss.........

Marc
07-16-2002, 07:57 AM
I don't think that xbox needs saving, but those games certainly will not hurt...

DrUnKtAnK
07-16-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by BCan
It seems as if we have some very good Star Wars games on the way, are these the kind of games that will make more people buy the XBOX

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast - great on PC
Knights of the Old Republic - looks great
Galaxies: Empire Divided - Wow!!

Discuss.........

I guess if Star Wars is the only type of game you play and enjoy then the above 3 are looking pretty damn good.....I am excited to see/hear more all of these games, KOTOR looks likes it's going to kick some major arse !

Spaztic
07-16-2002, 08:43 AM
star wars games suck! it is the same premise over and over! This will not be the saving grace or even a factor to the xboxes sucess! I have to admit the rpg looks sweet as hell though!

OppiumNitrates
07-16-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
star wars games suck! it is the same premise over and over! This will not be the saving grace or even a factor to the xboxes sucess! I have to admit the rpg looks sweet as hell though!

com'n man how is it the same thing over and over . . . u got a FPS, a MMORPG, and another RPG plus they make stratagy games like WarCraft(Galactic battle field) . . . and i think Star Wars is the only story where they make games for ALL genres except sports and i bet they could even pull that off if they wanted to . . . besides 1 of thoes rpg's takes place 3000 years before any of the star wars stories u would be firmiliar with, unless of course u read all the books

Dre
07-16-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

com'n man how is it the same thing over and over . . . u got a FPS, a MMORPG, and another RPG plus they make stratagy games like WarCraft(Galactic battle field) . . . and i think Star Wars is the only story where they make games for ALL genres except sports and i bet they could even pull that off if they wanted to . . . besides 1 of thoes rpg's takes place 3000 years before any of the star wars stories u would be firmiliar with, unless of course u read all the books

Even then, there was still a Star-Wars Pod Racer.. so you kinda got some form of sport game right there :D

I agree with Marc, the Xbox doesn't need saving but these titles are definitely welcome! KOTOR is going to be so much fun!

X-Factor
07-16-2002, 11:45 AM
Even if the Xbox did need saving, no Star Wars game is gonna be the one to do it (no Star Wars game has that kind of power)...;)

I love RPG's, and KOTOR is lookin' hella good at this point! :D

Snoopy7548
07-16-2002, 11:53 AM
i cant wait for jedi knight 2. my friend has it, and he says its awesome. i played the first one, it was so cool. but too bad my comp cant run the second one. ill just have to play it for the xbox:D

Snapple
07-16-2002, 12:00 PM
i think starwars game suck ass cause they all do have the same plaot and look at starwars jedi firepilot(something like that)well this game sucks total ass

Zion
07-16-2002, 03:01 PM
Xbox does not need to be 'saved', but it will be nice to see those games.

But that being said, I just bought a Gamecube so I can play Rouge Leader, Bounty Hunter, and Clone Wars.

Zion
07-16-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
i think starwars game suck ass cause they all do have the same plaot and look at starwars jedi firepilot(something like that)well this game sucks total ass

Yeah, Knights Of the Old Republic and Jedi Starfighter are the exact same game. :rolleyes:

Go back to sleep now.

E Nomini Patri
07-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Of course I will save the X-box! ;)

JK, I think the upcoming Star Wars games look really cool! Hopefully they will boost X-box sales.

Spaztic
07-16-2002, 04:10 PM
I am sorry I just think the entire stars wars scene is played out....the first three movies were great but the last two sucked pretty bad! They tried to add dry humor, and stupid characters, and other extras to broaden the audience, when the audience was already broad enough.....stars wars as a whole has lost my respect! Kinda like Interview w/ the vampire! The first movie had it going on! Then the queen of the Damned comes out! They should of stuck with whats works but instead they want to include some halfass stars, a great rock soundtrack, a flashing comercial and it turned out to be an crappy movie, not horrible but not near as good as interview with the vampire!! I don't mean to be rude but star wars die hard fans are really pathetic people that are pawns of media hype and don't mind settling with half ass $hit that brands the name Star Wars! This goes the same with the games! Check out the latest games obi-wan, starfighter, etc., etc. Its just a bunch of mediocre crap that brands the starwars title, not one of those games was innovative, or even that cool! I don't know about you all but I am not settling for this crap! Granted the new starwars based games do look like they have potential, but then again so did the others in the past. I hope they are good because I like the ideas but I am definatly not going to hold my breath....or save any money!

Dre
07-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Star wars games I've played and loved:

Rebel Assault, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight.

I'm looking forward to playing Jedi Knight II on pc and I'm really looking forward to playing KOTOR. I don't really see the correlation between Star Wars games and movies being bad though. One can be good without the other.

Spaztic
07-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Star wars games I've played and loved:

Rebel Assault, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight.

I'm looking forward to playing Jedi Knight II on pc and I'm really looking forward to playing KOTOR. I don't really see the correlation between Star Wars games and movies being bad though. One can be good without the other.

...oh....ok
to summerize people have different tastes. Some like games for some reason or another! I am just ****ed at stars wars franchise all in all! Sorry for ranting...I am just ****ed! I think they screw over there fans in crappy games and movies! Not saying no one likes the games just saying with such a awsome license they could do a whole lot better!
damn it!

Sargent_Ryan
07-16-2002, 07:01 PM
That galaxies game coming out looks like it is going to be amazing. It seems like you can pretty much do anything in it and I read at the galaxies site for the pc that there is somewhere around 7 planets on it. And all different races and occupations.

I thought episode 2 was one of the better star wars movies too. I don't know how people didn't like it. The only thing it really didn't have was a good ending but it kind of needed that ending so episode 3 can go right in to it. Episode 1 just sucked though. That jar jar binks got makes me go crazy when I am watching it.

rocksback
07-16-2002, 10:30 PM
I agree xbox don't need saving. It is doing just fine! They keep releasing quality different games to keep us appealed. Star Wars games are cool but the three that are gonna be released. I hope that they aren't like starfighter or OBi ones adventures.