PDA

View Full Version : skill help!

Spaztic
07-16-2002, 09:12 AM
I am having a hard time getting a couple of my skills up....mainly enchant and restoration. Anyone have any idea how to do this?

How can I enchant my own weapons instead of paying someone else to do it? Do I need some type of device? I understand how to pay someone to make one, but I want to do it myself!

Also how to I raise my restoration skill? What spells, hints, etc.

What is the spell called that traps souls in soul gems? And how do I add ex. 1-30 fire damage to a weapon when I enchant it?

sorry for all the questions...but if someone will shed some light it will help me alot!

JJaX
07-16-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
I am having a hard time getting a couple of my skills up....mainly enchant and restoration. Anyone have any idea how to do this?

How can I enchant my own weapons instead of paying someone else to do it? Do I need some type of device? I understand how to pay someone to make one, but I want to do it myself!

Also how to I raise my restoration skill? What spells, hints, etc.

What is the spell called that traps souls in soul gems? And how do I add ex. 1-30 fire damage to a weapon when I enchant it?

sorry for all the questions...but if someone will shed some light it will help me alot!

You can pay to get your restoration + enchantment skills up. Using these skills(succesful casting) will increase the levels.

To make your own go to your inventory and hit 'A' over the soul gem, then choose create a enchanted item

Any spell you cast will gain experience towards its governing attribute. Example: Heal = restoration : open door = alteration

Your looking for the spell called Soul trap. Check all the mages guilds

Go to a enchanter, Make sure you know a fire spell, enchant it with that spell and choose the damage etc......

Or you could always.........................RTFM!!!!!! ;)

Spaztic
07-16-2002, 10:47 AM
sweet thanks man! so in general, the more powerful person you trap in the soul gem the more powerful enchantment, or is it more based on the soul gem?

JJaX
07-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
sweet thanks man! so in general, the more powerful person you trap in the soul gem the more powerful enchantment, or is it more based on the soul gem?

Greater Soul you capture = Larger total charge of the item you enchant (example: a skeleton worth 1k will give you a charge of 40. But a winged twighlight worth 60k will give you a charge of 200)

Say the spell(s) you choose to cast cost 10 per use, you will only be able to cast the item that you created with the 1k soul 6 times. If you use the winged twighlight you could cast it 20 times before needed charging. Get it?

Enchanted items recharge by themselves.
The greater the soul, the better the soul gem must be in order for it to be soul trapped.

Put it this way, If you wanna make something nice make sure you have at least a winged twighlight 60K. If you have a golden saint worth 80K you can create an item that does constant effects. (trick: If you plan on making a constant effect item, Do the swap trick. Set it up, Then before you create it swap the golden saint Gem with a weaker one and you still get a constant effect. Just be sure that the cast per use is less than the total charge.

This may be confusing at first, But its really not................