PDA

View Full Version : xbox help

Master coder
07-16-2002, 10:07 AM
i am new to the xbox and im getteing one with two games on thursday with 3 controllers i need some info
1.im getting halo is it any good im getting doa3 as well but i have all the info i need
2.ive been hearing alot about the xbox control bad things is it hard to use ive got chubby hands but there not small
3.does the xbox crash alot or have alot of bugs and glitches

JJaX
07-16-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Master coder
i am new to the xbox and im getteing one with two games on thursday with 3 controllers i need some info
1.im getting halo is it any good im getting doa3 as well but i have all the info i need
2.ive been hearing alot about the xbox control bad things is it hard to use ive got chubby hands but there not small

1) Halo is the bomb

DOA3 is a button mashers dream. Looks good but gameplay is rather shallow compared to other fighters that exist. But DOA3 is your only choice for fighting as of now.

2) The controller is perfect.

Unless you're a homosexual knome that likes bright colors and enjoys putting the tip of your junk on hot light bulbs.

3) I admit, Mines crashed twice, When playing morrowind. But its nothing to worry about.

Dre
07-16-2002, 10:16 AM

1. Congrats!! Halo is amazing, and DoA3 is lots of fun also. Excellent choices! If you are into RPG's, Morrowind is definitely worth a purchase. I suggest you rent Morrowind first though since its a love it/hate it type game.

2. The controllers are excellent. Once you get used to it you'll love it. If you find it too big, buy the Xbox Controller S which caters to smaller hands.

3. Xbox has never crashed on me.. certain games have but never the Xbox. Crashes are quite infrequent, and are certainly not something to worry about. Nothing buggy or glitchy about it either.

Anyways, welcome and enjoy your purchase! I'm sure you will!!

DrUnKtAnK
07-16-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

The controller is perfect. Unless you're a homosexual knome that likes bright colors and rubber bands shot at your sack....
or
Unless you're a homosexual knome that likes bright colors and enjoys putting the tip of your junk on hot light bulbs.

Damn JJAX, you almost made me fall out of my chair....:o

Master coder
07-16-2002, 10:20 AM
i need to now if there are scary games for xbox i hate silent hill no exitment any resident evil games for xbox

RudedogX
07-16-2002, 10:33 AM
have you looked at the games available list on the main page? It's not that hard to do...you'll find all the games there, and I believe you can sort by genre. But yeah, there will be some nice scary games coming down the road, and they should be better than most anything that has hit the other platforms (imo)

Dre
07-16-2002, 10:35 AM
i need to now if there are scary games for xbox i hate silent hill no exitment any resident evil games for xbox

Nope. Apart from Silent Hill I don't know of any other "scary" titles out. There are quite a few titles coming out that will feed your hunger for fear though! I just don't remember the names because it isn't really my genre.. but The Thing looks pretty cool and freaky.. and well.. Doom III is going to be insane! (if it does come)

Adema
07-16-2002, 12:24 PM
I don't know it you would call hunter a scary game, but it still rocks.

Snapple
07-16-2002, 12:49 PM
doa3 isnt a button masher masher(this is a real fun game)and yes get halo

xbox controlers are very comfortible

my xbox never crashed, yet